Zero chance Rush takes Dak's job

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Under no circumstance will the Cowboys sit Dak for Rush. They may delay his return for a week or two, but talking about replacing him with Rush, is ridiculous. How dumb would that make the Jones look? They care more about saving face than winning.

Awwwwww,.... not even a Lloyd Christmas 1% chance? What has this world come to? :confused:

yentl911

Reaction score
Those economics will change the very next season when Rush’s agent asks for $30 mil/per. This economics argument is good for what 7 months?
Maybe so. It is probably a mute point anyway but it will be good to see this play out.

morat1959

Reaction score
You're not going to dump your 40m QB because he has a bad game and breaks his thumb. /
You dump him because he’s done nothing in 6 plus years but the Jones won’t do it. Gonna be a hard call if Rush puts a couple more good games in. No comparison in the 2 on the field. Rush has physical limitations but Dak is just light between the ears.

starfan1

Reaction score
You dump him because he’s done nothing in 6 plus years but the Jones won’t do it. Gonna be a hard call if Rush puts a couple more good games in. No comparison in the 2 on the field. Rush has physical limitations but Dak is just light between the ears.
No actually for the people who make the decisions it’s a pretty easy call.

it’s only hard on forum fans. When Rush runs off 8 in a row I guess it might become a conversation

Pass2Run

Reaction score
How dumb would they look if Rush wins a few more games, Dak comes back and Dallas begins losing? While Dak is a better QB than Rush in most measurables, clearly something is going on that has allowed Rush to help Dallas succeed.

It's the game plan, sticking to the run, pre-snap motions, and having the right plays to check into rather than being predictable every game.

They are using play sheets and sticking to the plays they want to run for each game, rather than using the whole playbook.

So they may take 50 plays and run those for game X, and run a different set of plays for game Y.

The other thing they have been doing well is running the ball outside and to the right, rather than only to the left side.

It's been a collective effort. By now, anyone blaming the first game on Dak is a moron. Cooper Rush is a damn good backup, but they've been winning with their gameplanning .

morat1959

Reaction score
It's the game plan, sticking to the run, pre-snap motions, and having the right plays to check into rather than being predictable every game.

They are using play sheets and sticking to the plays they want to run for each game, rather than using the whole playbook.

So they may take 50 plays and run those for game X, and run a different set of plays for game Y.

The other thing they have been doing well is running the ball outside and to the right, rather than only to the left side.

It's been a collective effort. By now, anyone blaming the first game on Dak is a moron. Cooper Rush is a damn good backup, but they've been winning with their gameplanning .
The real morons are the ones still defending Dak. He’s done nothing. That’s if your ultimate goal is going to a SB or at least winning playoff games.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Not sure who you are talking about since none of that was mentioned in my response. On the contrary, I said that both QBs would win and lose the exact same games through the first 6 games.
TB, Cinn, NY, Wash, LA, Philly - I don’t think the results change with either QB. I wouldn’t have said that last year because Rush hadn’t really done anything. Fans called him garbage and wanted him released all preseason. Now he’s going to lead us to the promised land. My opinion is that this team will win or lose based on the OL and the defense versus weaker or maybe equal opponents, but the QB will make no difference against superior teams because we do not have a superior offense, not even close…..unless something drastic develops as the season rolls along.
What a declaration of bankruptcy for Dak this would be. So if they both lose and win the same way, why in the world would Dak be the better QB?

It doesn't matter whatsoever, if Dak could win a game by 20 more than Rush. A win is a win. What matters is if Dak can win games other QBs couldn't.

No, I expect more from Dak. He has to make the difference somewhere. Overcome more odds, adjust better to a badly playing o line for example. Read the game better, hammer out faster balls, more precise throws... if he really is the top 5 QB as his fans think. And believe me, I'd love to see that.

People here keep on saying Dak loses because of a weak o line, a bad run game, dumb penalties... yes, all these things matter. But on one day or another I want him to overcome all this and win games that a backup QB couldn't. Otherwise we could have saved a lot of money and went with the Cooper combo.

...and build a way better offense around him by the way. ;)

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Under no circumstance will the Cowboys sit Dak for Rush. They may delay his return for a week or two, but talking about replacing him with Rush, is ridiculous. How dumb would that make the Jones look? They care more about saving face than winning.

It completely depends how Dak plays when he gets back. If he comes back and plays like the Dak of the first half of last season, then you're right. There's no chance Coop replaces him. However, if he comes back and looks like the Dak of the Tampa Bay season opener game after game, then they would be smart to pull him out of there.

It's a meritocracy, which is why Dak stayed our QB instead of Romo, even after Romo got healthy. If Rush is the one playing better, he's who the team should go with. If Dak's Tampa game was an anomaly and he's back to his old self, fine. We stick with him. If it's not, and he keeps laying egg after egg, stinking up the place, why would the team stick with him? It would be stupid to keep starting him if he's lost his abilities. We didn't stick with Bledsoe, even though he was more experienced than Romo. Romo was playing better.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
The real morons are the ones still defending Dak. He’s done nothing. That’s if your ultimate goal is going to a SB or at least winning playoff games.
Dak > Hurts, that's all that matters.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
No other NFL head coach would start Rush over Dak. Only Cowboy Zone armchair coaches are demanding this.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What a declaration of bankruptcy for Dak this would be. So if they both lose and win the same way, why in the world would Dak be the better QB?

It doesn't matter whatsoever, if Dak could win a game by 20 more than Rush. A win is a win. What matters is if Dak can win games other QBs couldn't.

No, I expect more from Dak. He has to make the difference somewhere. Overcome more odds, adjust better to a badly playing o line for example. Read the game better, hammer out faster balls, more precise throws... if he really is the top 5 QB as his fans think. And believe me, I'd love to see that.

People here keep on saying Dak loses because of a weak o line, a bad run game, dumb penalties... yes, all these things matter. But on one day or another I want him to overcome all this and win games that a backup QB couldn't. Otherwise we could have saved a lot of money and went with the Cooper combo.

...and build a way better offense around him by the way. ;)
Dak will make a difference in games when the other team is as good as we are. He doesn’t make a difference in the W-L column when we are the superior team, not with this defense. He doesn’t make a difference when the other team dominates the line of scrimmage and our receivers can’t get open fast enough to beat the pass rush. Our defense dominated Cinncy and NY. TB dominated us. There will be games when both team’s offenses are moving the ball. That’s when I want Dak over Rush.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think there is a scary scenario unfolding here…Rush continues to play within himself and within the framework of the offense; he has consistently shown he understands coverages and is throwing the ball accurately to the proper WR given the defense. Moreover, he has moxie and isn’t afraid to sling it. Bring to mind the 4th and 2 during the first possession and threw that long completion.

While Dak’s physical tools are superior to Cooper’s I think Dak doesn’t see the field well at times and forces balls into coverage; he is reluctant to use his legs to escape the pocket and holds the ball too long. I think Dak is pressing to prove he is the elite QB the Jones boys paid him to be. If you take away his stats from beating the joke that was the NFC last season, he is an average QB. He has underperformed in big games; he just doesn’t have the tools to carry the team unlike Mahomes or Allen.

I think Jerry will pull Cooper, despite his good play and put Dak back into the line-up despite his lackluster performance over the last 6-8 games. Jerry doesn’t care about team chemistry or continuity; Jerry would lose face for sitting Dak and his huge contract and Jerry’s ego cannot tolerate that.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think there is a scary scenario unfolding here…Rush continues to play within himself and within the framework of the offense; he has consistently shown he understands coverages and is throwing the ball accurately to the proper WR given the defense. Moreover, he has moxie and isn’t afraid to sling it. Bring to mind the 4th and 2 during the first possession and threw that long completion.

While Dak’s physical tools are superior to Cooper’s I think Dak doesn’t see the field well at times and forces balls into coverage; he is reluctant to use his legs to escape the pocket and holds the ball too long. I think Dak is pressing to prove he is the elite QB the Jones boys paid him to be. If you take away his stats from beating the joke that was the NFC last season, he is an average QB. He has underperformed in big games; he just doesn’t have the tools to carry the team unlike Mahomes or Allen.

I think Jerry will pull Cooper, despite his good play and put Dak back into the line-up despite his lackluster performance over the last 6-8 games. Jerry doesn’t care about team chemistry or continuity; Jerry would lose face for sitting Dak and his huge contract and Jerry’s ego cannot tolerate that.

Also, Dak can’t throw a football 5 feet.