Zero chance Tyron plays

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Broaddus explained on the radio or podcast that he didn't practice because they did not want to take the chance of reaggravating the stinger. That they wanted to get him in the game but there is a chance he could have to come out during the game. (Not that he has stinger symptoms still, but there's a chance of reaggravation)

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Maybe he can be a backup lineman moving forward. He can backup every position except center. And his future salary has pretty much already been paid for.

Toro9

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
Dude was great for a long time. Probably his last season

plasticman

Reaction score
Utterly predictable, which is why I suggested he should be the swing tackle and not a starter before the season began.

They have the starting left tackle for the next ten years and placed him at left guard while making little effort to replace the outgoing starter from last season. They completely disregarded Tyron's extensive injury history and resulting streak of missing games, a streak that is increasing to this day.

I could give them the benefit of the doubt as they roll out Asim Richards who then performs like the next Rayfield Wright. However, I wouldn't build my confidence on that premise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So your original statement is about Tyler Smith, who plays guard, and by all indications will remain at guard. Then your bringing up Richards who LOOKS LIKE A QUALITY PLAYER, but we don't know UNTIL WE SEE HIM PLAY. Potential sitting on the bench causes me to question as to why they are there if they are showing this potential in practice? Exactly how long did Tyler Smith sit on the bench? That always seems to be the crux of the potential aspect. If they have this potential, why are they not playing when the time arises? The coaching staff watches them in practice daily. The people who make the decision if a player is ready or not evaluate every player. They evidently saw something in Smith immediately for them to get him on the field.

But the real question comes down to this. If Tyler Smith is ultimately the heir apparent at tackle, why not play him there now, and look for a guard?

Just one example. And he was not a first round pick.

He was selected at the 60th pick by the Bills. That would be three slots after Dallas took Schoonmaker.

2023 SEASON STATS​

OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED
534T-9th
PENALTIES
4T-8th
SACKS ALLOWED
1T-31st

Now compare that to Schoonmaker.

Games - 7
Rec - 2
Yrds - 14
TD - 1
If your reply was they were looking for someone who could flex, then you don't understand as much as they don't understand. You have the components to rebuild, and the commentary about Torrence was he would be an anchor at the guard position for years. He wasn't the fastest, but he was the strongest and could still get to the second level. He was compared to Larry Allen strength. I thought that might have been a bit bold, but still he is a mauler.

Now imagine Tyler Smith at tackle and Torrence at guard. That would be a completely different line and resolved this issue for years. Simple logic states Tyler Smith needs to take the tackle position and fill the guard with the best you can find. That guard was there, and the brain trust seemed to think this team needed a blocking tight end.

My point - Tyler Smith, O'Cyrus Torrence, Tyler Biadasz, Zach Martin, Terrence Steele.

That goes further to fixing the line for seasons to come than this ridiculousness of counting on Tyron Smith, and getting left-overs and fiddle-farting around playing GM.

But then that would have required understanding a guard was what was needed. They have the tackle answer, yet they choose not to use him at tackle. So if he will eventually be a tackle, PLAY HIM AT THAT POSITION NOW!

And your guard was there for the tacking.

But, but, but, you can't have 5 pro bowlers on the same line. Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. All Pro is truly what you shoot for. But even the 1992 and 1993 Dallas Cowboys lines, maybe the best I have seen, and I have seen them all, didn't have a pro bowler at every position. I never said anything about pro bowlers or all pro.

But that line above surely looks like it would be close.

As far as your posts. You assume a great deal at times. Not certain how this went sideways between you and me. But the more you lecture me, the more I have to question your motive.

I just gave you the answer. The one I have been talking about for seven months. Not some wild-eyed conjecture, but a reality that only needed placing a name on a piece of paper and drafting the answer to the team's problems. Lots of people here talk about the problem but don't offer the answer to fixing the problem.

I gave the answer seven months ago.
TLDR

sorry

my original point still stands don't ask why the coaches will get it worked out so you here as a fan are overstepping your opinions hold no weight with us and with the team therefore we'll wait and find out what's gonna happen with left tackle of the future he could be here it could be Tyler Smith it could be a lot of things woulda coulda shoulda that's the problem with these sites you post this long drawn out ridiculous post as if somehow it's gonna change the way the Dallas Cowboys now look at their situation on the line no don't get it workout right now let's enjoy this week Cowboys play the Eagles today we start off season very well no need to worry about who's playing when at left tackle none zero fans do not need to worry about such things because the team will work that out

now let's talk about the Cowboys Eagles games there's plenty of threads on it this one was unnecessary it doesn't matter at all because they do have a parachute if they need to move Tyler Smith back out to left tackle they will right now they want him to be the left guard for whatever reasons they have is none of our business at all you are not a GM you do not own a franchise you're not player personnel you're not even the jockey boy for an NFL team so maybe that goes to reality will calm some of your little egos down

now go back and play your little fantasy football leagues and you're mad in games and somehow believe you're a part of anything the actual Dallas Cowboys front office and team do you do not...

blueblood70

Reaction score
The number one reason I don't get all the panic each week over Tyron's status.

Exactly

that is the reality we all know about tyron just like we know about other players who hung on a long time if this is what the coaches and the GM want and if this was what tyron thinks is best for him then what are we to sit here and second guess it?

that's exactly the reason I think this post was useless and overstepping to say he has a zero chance to play before we hear that from the actual powers that be the real team the real GM the real coaches not the fake ones up in here that think they know everything about football.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
TLDR

sorry

my original point still stands don't ask why the coaches will get it worked out so you here as a fan are overstepping your opinions hold no weight with us and with the team therefore we'll wait and find out what's gonna happen with left tackle of the future he could be here it could be Tyler Smith it could be a lot of things woulda coulda shoulda that's the problem with these sites you post this long drawn out ridiculous post as if somehow it's gonna change the way the Dallas Cowboys now look at their situation on the line no don't get it workout right now let's enjoy this week Cowboys play the Eagles today we start off season very well no need to worry about who's playing when at left tackle none zero fans do not need to worry about such things because the team will work that out

now let's talk about the Cowboys Eagles games there's plenty of threads on it this one was unnecessary it doesn't matter at all because they do have a parachute if they need to move Tyler Smith back out to left tackle they will right now they want him to be the left guard for whatever reasons they have is none of our business at all you are not a GM you do not own a franchise you're not player personnel you're not even the jockey boy for an NFL team so maybe that goes to reality will calm some of your little egos down

now go back and play your little fantasy football leagues and you're mad in games and somehow believe you're a part of anything the actual Dallas Cowboys front office and team do you do not...
The second you said too long did not read, anything you have to say has no meaning. You want to spew your opinion without consideration of anything others have to say. Find another playmate, sport.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The second you said too long did not read, anything you have to say has no meaning. You want to spew your opinion without consideration of anything others have to say. Find another playmate, sport.
Actually it's completely untrue everything you're saying is trying to make your point all over again we're going through a big circle we disagree 100% I do not agree with you so there was no reason to read the rest of that... And don't call me sport and I don't need a playmate I'm here on this site not for you not for any specific member for me got it now move along ..

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
WHAT????...NO NO NO.....we must keep a TE next to LT of choice...and that causes issues in itself....i might quit my 32 years of sobriety....you all get to drink....GORICO must suffer....well i guess got to break out blue valiums

i know i got big mouth ..... but my nerves are shot.....Cowboys give me pregame issues

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
F-CPn5DW8AA5I3I

F-CQ0F3WMAAyYdA
mr Speed--- what does it mean dotted line on "game status"?