Zero chance Tyron plays

RonWashington

Reaction score
Apparently the coaching staff don't really know what he is. Tyler was drafted as a tackle but last week he played guard while Edoga played left tackle. He's even listed as a guard on the roster.
Dallas used a 1st round pick on a guard.

He should be starting at LT giving Dak a young athletic tackle on the edge . Also pulling on outside runs for the RB’s clearing brush .

conner01

Reaction score
Have y’all not been paying attention? Same story every week. Doesn’t practice at all but goes through a walk through and we are told there’s a chance he plays. Then he never does. Rinse and repeat. Until he practices, he’s not playing. This is just fluff
We will know tomorrow

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He’s had a neck issue for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if he’s a lock for the HOF.
Not a lock.

Per PFR HOF Monitor, there are a few a few guys ahead of Tyron.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/hof/hofm_T.htm

Base on their current records, Peters makes it before Tyron.
If Tyron can't keep making Pro Bowls, Trent Williams probably passes him.
Being sandwiched between Peters and Williams retiring will make it hard for Tyron to make the HOF.

Tyron made AP1 or AP2 from 2013-2016.
The back/neck issues starting starting in 2017 reduced him since from elite to very good over a season. When he's really healthy he can look like his young self for a game or two, but it doesn't last.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
He’s had a neck issue for as long as I can remember.

Not sure if he’s a lock for the HOF.
He’s on the all decade team already you are literally just hating. What’s letting him retire going to do?

No one’s taking reps away from a future starter and they won’t put tyler back there so you want Edoga over Smith?

You need to watch more football or figure out what you’re looking at when watching LT if you think he’s not making the HOF

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
One thing I can guarantee is Z Martin and T Smith are bonafide HOFers. Both
Zack is working on greatest G of all time.

But Tyron is borderline HOF. He looked like a lock after 2016. But the injuries in 2017 made him less than he was.

2016 was the end of Tony, though it started in 2015. MVP level in 2014.
2017 was the reduction of Tyron.
2018 was the reduction of Frederick.

Brutal. So much talent just broke down for us.
The NFL is largely about staying healthy.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, I can never blame a player. I only blame the GM for holding on too long, over and over,. And over again.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Apparently the coaching staff don't really know what he is. Tyler was drafted as a tackle but last week he played guard while Edoga played left tackle. He's even listed as a guard on the roster.
Dallas used a 1st round pick on a guard.
They used a first round pick on a versatile OL and so far he looks like he could be a great one. Let’s hope he keeps it up

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Imo, we may be better off without him going forward.
Can't depend on him, and he's about 50% of what he was in his prime anyway.
He must be a huge salary cap hit, or he should have been gone after 2021.

pitt33

Reaction score
He’s on the all decade team already you are literally just hating. What’s letting him retire going to do?

No one’s taking reps away from a future starter and they won’t put tyler back there so you want Edoga over Smith?

You need to watch more football or figure out what you’re looking at when watching LT if you think he’s not making the HOF
Stop with the hate crap.

There no hate anywhere.

It’s my opinion.

He’s not a lock.