Zero chance Tyron plays

blueblood70

Reaction score
Take a look at the definition insanity and get back to me. Seriously though, no intent to get into it with anyone on here, we are all on the same team. Hope you have a wonderful weekend
and I'm telling you that my original statement holds true that the original posters ridiculous making a separate post saying he's got zero chance to play and yet that's not the truth questionable and limited does not mean out doubtful and out would mean less chance or zero chance.. Again you don't run a team you don't know what's really going on in the locker room you only are spoon fed what you're hearing and we'll find out game day who's playing and we'll just cheer on our boys the same as usual but again I go back to whoever posted this they need to get a life because this was a useless post...

BlindFaith

Reaction score
There is more to this than meets the eye.

Tyron has said a few times that he could play, but was then held out anyway.

The drunk rednecks are simply playing games here to avoid paying Tyron his bonus money based on playing time.

Play-time is $1 million each for 50%, 55%, 60%, 65%, 70%, 75%, 80%, 85% 90% of snaps.

Incentives including playing 75% of snaps in the regular season plus 51% of the playoff snaps ... and 1 playoff win gets him $500,000, two wins gets him $500,000 more, three wins gets him $500,000 more and a Super Bowl win gets him $500,000 more.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Top 20% of Left Tackles. Easy. Still at his age and situation. PFF and all manner of pundits will tell you the same.

That's why the Cowboys hold onto him. They hope he can deliver in some big games and be there come playoff time.
Hefty price tag for hope. Certainly didn’t play big in last years PO game against SF.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
He’s making 6 million this year. He’s restructured his deal to the benefit of the team three or four times since he signed it ten years ago.

He’s got like a million coming next year with a couple million more deferred to it.

It’s been one of the best contracts the Cowboys have ever had.

Cutting every player who gets on the bad side of the Zone isn’t good cap management.
At that price I keep him as a backup/swing tackle.

Not a starter though.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
To be fair, most of the OL has missed games.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Tyler Smith was already drafted and already played left tackle he's already here that was a total fail of a statement and I Asim Richards looks like a quality player, we don't know yet but when we see him play we'll figure it out they have drafted many many many offensive lineman over the last five seasons there's a whole bunch with potential sitting on this team right now

care to complain harder and try harder to be wrong because they're here in an emergency they're here they wanted to get their best five on the field and they felt like at the time that was tyron Smith and with Tyler moving over now playing at a high level at left guard he can easily go back out to left tackle if needed...

I would leave him there though, and again we don't know Richards could have a bright future here yeah we're gonna have to take a few lumps I mean the guy gets on the field for the first time as a rookie he's gotta play through it all players have to most of them are not NFL ready day one but don't act like they have not drafted players they literally drafted Tyler Smith two years ago to be tyrone's replacement he's here already what's your point what's anyone's point for making posts like this in the first place we need a zero chance Tyrone plays post all by itself from some fan who doesn't know anything about the inner workings of roster status for gametime...

And before you come back with nonsense that I keep hearing that you have to draft one in the first round you have to have a can't miss player for left tackle because you surely can't build them anywhere else in the draft or has undrafted free agents that would be already proven wrong on this team other teams you cannot have 5 Pro Bowl players along the line you cannot have Pro Bowl players at all starting 22 positions or their backups it is just not possible with a hard salary cap and a 53 man roster limit therefore some of the players I mentioned have a shot to fill these positions we're debating here today...
Just wanted to make sure some of you just kept that top of mind when you keep thinking they could just go draft a Pro Bowl player and hit on them right away and that we should do it at every position even though it's not always possible to do so...
So your original statement is about Tyler Smith, who plays guard, and by all indications will remain at guard. Then your bringing up Richards who LOOKS LIKE A QUALITY PLAYER, but we don't know UNTIL WE SEE HIM PLAY. Potential sitting on the bench causes me to question as to why they are there if they are showing this potential in practice? Exactly how long did Tyler Smith sit on the bench? That always seems to be the crux of the potential aspect. If they have this potential, why are they not playing when the time arises? The coaching staff watches them in practice daily. The people who make the decision if a player is ready or not evaluate every player. They evidently saw something in Smith immediately for them to get him on the field.

But the real question comes down to this. If Tyler Smith is ultimately the heir apparent at tackle, why not play him there now, and look for a guard?

Just one example. And he was not a first round pick.

He was selected at the 60th pick by the Bills. That would be three slots after Dallas took Schoonmaker.

2023 SEASON STATS​

OFFENSE SNAPS PLAYED
534T-9th
PENALTIES
4T-8th
SACKS ALLOWED
1T-31st

Now compare that to Schoonmaker.

Games - 7
Rec - 2
Yrds - 14
TD - 1
If your reply was they were looking for someone who could flex, then you don't understand as much as they don't understand. You have the components to rebuild, and the commentary about Torrence was he would be an anchor at the guard position for years. He wasn't the fastest, but he was the strongest and could still get to the second level. He was compared to Larry Allen strength. I thought that might have been a bit bold, but still he is a mauler.

Now imagine Tyler Smith at tackle and Torrence at guard. That would be a completely different line and resolved this issue for years. Simple logic states Tyler Smith needs to take the tackle position and fill the guard with the best you can find. That guard was there, and the brain trust seemed to think this team needed a blocking tight end.

My point - Tyler Smith, O'Cyrus Torrence, Tyler Biadasz, Zach Martin, Terrence Steele.

That goes further to fixing the line for seasons to come than this ridiculousness of counting on Tyron Smith, and getting left-overs and fiddle-farting around playing GM.

But then that would have required understanding a guard was what was needed. They have the tackle answer, yet they choose not to use him at tackle. So if he will eventually be a tackle, PLAY HIM AT THAT POSITION NOW!

And your guard was there for the tacking.

But, but, but, you can't have 5 pro bowlers on the same line. Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. All Pro is truly what you shoot for. But even the 1992 and 1993 Dallas Cowboys lines, maybe the best I have seen, and I have seen them all, didn't have a pro bowler at every position. I never said anything about pro bowlers or all pro.

But that line above surely looks like it would be close.

As far as your posts. You assume a great deal at times. Not certain how this went sideways between you and me. But the more you lecture me, the more I have to question your motive.

I just gave you the answer. The one I have been talking about for seven months. Not some wild-eyed conjecture, but a reality that only needed placing a name on a piece of paper and drafting the answer to the team's problems. Lots of people here talk about the problem but don't offer the answer to fixing the problem.

I gave the answer seven months ago.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
Make Tyler Smith your LT for the present & the future . Stop messing with this key position. .
Apparently the coaching staff don't really know what he is. Tyler was drafted as a tackle but last week he played guard while Edoga played left tackle. He's even listed as a guard on the roster.
Dallas used a 1st round pick on a guard.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't agree because we still didn't have a starting five without him, unless you think they wanted a cheap FA acquisition to be our fifth lineman. I think the only question with Steele is if we were going to be forced to play Tyron at right tackle and Tyler at left tackle and fill in at left guard until Steele was 100 percent.

Our only moves on the line were to sign Edoga for cheap and draft a fifth-round guard/tackle, I don't think those are the type of moves you make if you have any plan to cut one of your starting five.
Stephen said during the off-season that Edoga was signed to start at LG (if needed).

If Steele was not ready to start the season.
Tyler
Edoga
Biadasz
Martin
Tyron

Edoga played primarily LG in the preseason and looked really good...much better than at LT. I think they just decided not to yo-yo Tyler back and forth this season.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
Its only unbelievable that the moronic front office thought they could rely on him.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The game day decision does not bode well for Cowboys players being ready to play. It looks more like Asim Richards will get the start.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To add to this he's also 7x NFL top 100 which is a really high level accolade on top of the ones you listed
Good point!

Also, I think Left Tackles are the most likely OL to go into the HoF (in the post Lawrence Taylor era).

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Good point!

Also, I think Left Tackles are the most likely OL to go into the HoF (in the post Lawrence Taylor era).
I havent read thru entire thread. Are people actually questioning Tyron's HOF chances? He's definitely making it. Making the all-decade team at his position pretty much solidified his gold jacket.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I havent read thru entire thread. Are people actually questioning Tyron's HOF chances? He's definitely making it. Making the all-decade team at his position pretty much solidified his gold jacket.
People are questioning whether he should even be on the team. A few have suggested we just cut him right now.

MS17

Reaction score
Have y’all not been paying attention? Same story every week. Doesn’t practice at all but goes through a walk through and we are told there’s a chance he plays. Then he never does. Rinse and repeat. Until he practices, he’s not playing. This is just fluff
True. When the conversations about a player always seem to be about whether or when a player practices a given week, not good. The big fella's best days may be behind him.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
People are questioning whether he should even be on the team. A few have suggested we just cut him right now.
His health has made him unreliable. That I agree with. While Edoga has been ok, you still have to play Smith when he's able on a given week. Not ideal but that's what we're left with.