Signed by Cowboys Zimmer agrees to terms with Cowboys

fivetwos

Reaction score
If Jerry is as enamored with Rex as reported I would not at all rule out him as the next HC/DC if 2024 is a mess.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
A new DC was never going to fix what is ailing this franchise anyway— but it would have been nice to at least entertain a pipe dream of success.

Zimmer? That is like settling for leftover meatloaf out of the fridge when your Dad told you he was gonna treat you to a steak.

Jerry can really sell meatloaf as a T Bone though. Just watch his presser announcing this hire lol

Carson

Reaction score
Belichick is on the board and they go with McCarthy
Rex Ryan is a legit option and they go with Zimmer
Glaring need at LB, Wagner was available, S Bell started a playoff game
Glaring need at RB, franchise tag on injured backup Pollard, running game was bad
Glaring need at DT, Hargrave was an option, draft Mazi Smith and do nothing else. Anyone else notice Hargrave making huge plays last night?
Remind me what the Niners spent to bring in CMC

There were so many reasonable and affordable moves that could've been made that would have given this team the edge, and they stuck with what was familiar. For what? To protect the egos of a fragile nucleus? To retain money later on to continue building around a QB that needs all-pro's around him to succeed? Name one notable KC wide receiver. Failures of the front office and personnel department are the reason its not is holding the Lombardi trophy today. It's disgusting.
-Bill wouldnt listen to Jerry and Stephen.
-Ryan hasn’t coached in 7+ years. I like the thought of him. But believe he’s more mouth than anything for one season. Zimmer hasn’t coached in two. But he seems like the safer pick as he knows Jerry.
-Wagner only used Dallas to drum up his interest. He has said he never intended to leave the west coast and his family
-RB absolutely agree
-Hargrave signed for 4 year, $84,000,000. We probably haven’t paid $84 million to the entire defensive tackle position combined since 1995. They can sign him because Purdy gets paid next to nothing.

Kwyn

Reaction score
And, we are back where we were late last week.

It was the right choice. Rex was just looking to grandstand and publicly interview for a return to a HC role in a couple of years.

Zimmer is also a better defensive coach with him.

That being said, I would expect he and McCarthy to be looking for jobs 11 months from now.