Signed by Cowboys Zimmer agrees to terms with Cowboys

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I can't help but think we will regret the Zimmer hiring in a year or two. And, not necessarily because Zimmer is a bad coach - I actually think he is a pretty good coach.

We may grow to regret the hiring if and when McCarthy is no longer coaching the Cowboys.

I just feel we would have been better off hiring someone younger who could transition to the HC. I think we missed the boat on Vrabel.
Zimmer will for sure be hc if Mac leaves in the next 1-3 years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You'd have a better chance of convincing me McCarthy didn't want Ryan than not wanting Zimmer.

Zimmer is weak and will fall in line. Ryan is an alpha who may have challenged McCarthy's Yokozuna status.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
-Hargrave signed for 4 year, $84,000,000. We probably haven’t paid $84 million to the entire defensive tackle position combined since 1995. They can sign him because Purdy gets paid next to nothing.
They could sign him because they wanted to sign him. Had nothing to do with the QB. Hargrave made $6.6 million this year. He's set to make $15 million next year, but the 49ers can cut him after that year and save cap money. Fans convincing themselves that we can't afford players because we are paying our QB is a delusion that fits well with what Jerry and Stephen are selling. Chris Jones made $26 million this year, and that's with the Chiefs paying Mahomes the highest QB salary for the year as well.

We haven't paid for quality DTs because the Joneses believe that being cheap with outside free agents is the best way to go.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And, we are back where we were late last week.

It was the right choice. Rex was just looking to grandstand and publicly interview for a return to a HC role in a couple of years.

Zimmer is also a better defensive coach with him.

That being said, I would expect he and McCarthy to be looking for jobs 11 months from now.
Don't know if it was the right choice, but the way some are reacting on here, you'd think we just added the worst DC in the history of the game instead of one who has had a lot of success in that role.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I knew Jerry was too much of a coward to hire Vrabel.
One NFL general manager reportedly believed Vrabel's physical build may have deterred front offices. He would have kicked the dust out of Jerry's old hid.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Maybe Zimmer wanted some guarantees in there past this year, or it just took him a while to accept having to pick up Jones's dry cleaning every Thursday.
I wonder too if the salary they offered was a low ball offer, they are tight with their own money!
Maybe he wanted complete control of defense, or pick players in draft, guaranteed x # of years as DC.

and yes he wasnt picking up the laundry !! lol

Carson

Reaction score
They could sign him because they wanted to sign him. Had nothing to do with the QB. Hargrave made $6.6 million this year. He's set to make $15 million next year, but the 49ers can cut him after that year and save cap money. Fans convincing themselves that we can't afford players because we are paying our QB is a delusion that fits well with what Jerry and Stephen are selling. Chris Jones made $26 million this year, and that's with the Chiefs paying Mahomes the highest QB salary for the year as well.

We haven't paid for quality DTs because the Joneses believe that being cheap with outside free agents is the best way to go.
This is why I said “We probably haven’t paid $84 million to the entire defensive tackle position combined since 1995.” lol