Zimmer and Rivera are old and tired

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Have you GROZ people forgotten your plaints?
As for Rivera, I have liked him as an organic, hands-on type, but like Belichick, he is past his prime, out of the loop on the latest in anything football.

So, I am disappointed in the fan base of good chaps.

Canna we stay clear of retreads and people such as Zimmer eager to work for Jerald? Tha someone SEEKS to work for Jerald ... well, ruffians, I find tha odd.
Holla

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans usually go for names because they are recognizable. Instead of names what this team needs at defensive coordinator is talent. There are dozens of young talented coaches who would be excellent hires but because few have heard of them they won’t be popular.

Experience can be a very good thing when hiring someone. But experience alone is not necessarily a great hire. (Mike Nolan had lots of experience) IMO, talent is way more important than experience.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Fans usually go for names because they are recognizable. Instead of names what this team needs at defensive coordinator is talent. There are dozens of young talented coaches who would be excellent hires but because few have heard of them they won’t be popular.

Experience can be a very good thing when hiring someone. But experience alone is not necessarily a great hire. (Mike Nolan had lots of experience) IMO, talent is way more important than experience.
I agree 200%. But in jerry world they think names = winning.

dware94

Reaction score
While I get that a lot of people are tired of hearing these retread names, but at the end of the day it comes down to talent. Our linebackers are trash, dline was undersized, and used safety’s to play a scheme. Get real defensive players in here and a zimmer/rivera coordinator will work.

The 9ers defense has underwent multiple coordinators in years. They all aren’t brilliant… it’s the players

Reaction score
Have you GROZ people forgotten your plaints?
As for Rivera, I have liked him as an organic, hands-on type, but like Belichick, he is past his prime, out of the loop on the latest in anything football.

So, I am disappointed in the fan base of good chaps.

Canna we stay clear of retreads and people such as Zimmer eager to work for Jerald? Tha someone SEEKS to work for Jerald ... well, ruffians, I find tha odd.
Holla
Jerry is old and tired too. What's your point?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Idiot Jerry really made a boneheaded decision when he kept MM....he should have fired his fat arse day one and then gone after DC MacDonald from the Ravens. Gotten his HC and DC at the same time....hire an OC after. Start new, start fresh and maybe you have hope now. I think most fans would have approved of that and understood if the team took a step back one year to improve after. But as of now, SMDH......that is going 'ALL IN'.....

yeah, yeah, i hear you...."but we still have Jerry"....get over it, he will be here regardless how much complaining.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Only way I’m ok with a retread DC is if it means it’s easier to send them packing she. Jerry has to let McCarthy go.

Bringing in a skilled, younger DC, likely lessens the chance for them to be here long term since a new coach may want to bring in their own people .

That being said, Rivera and Zimmer do nothing for me.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe we have enough “old and tired” around here? :laugh:
True but we don't have 12-hour days and a brutal travel schedule after September. And we don't have to say at pressers what an inspiration player X provides with his passion and work ethic. With a straight face.

chuck520

Reaction score
Only way I’m ok with a retread DC is if it means it’s easier to send them packing she. Jerry has to let McCarthy go.

Bringing in a skilled, younger DC, likely lessens the chance for them to be here long term since a new coach may want to bring in their own people .

That being said, Rivera and Zimmer do nothing for me.
You need an experienced coach to minimize the curve in the offseason, we dont have time to bring in an inexperienced type that takes years to learn.

I think they should have extended McCarthy or fired him and promoted Quinn but they waited too long and now we need a coach that can come in quick.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They are both also good coordinators who have connections with people who want to work with them.

Quinn will likely gut our staff. That is how it goes with lower level coaches -- they just get a year-to-year deal. I expect Harris is gone as well and we'd be lucky to retain Durde - Quinn is going to take his guys.

I'm much more in on Riverboat Ron as he really commands respect. He was the Washington coach but damn, dude is doing chemo and still all of his coaching duties. Most people would be asleep for days after treatment.

Mannix

Reaction score
Again…Booger likes to pal around, shoot the ^%#!, and eat vittles with his coaches…he may find out that Rivera is not a good match for that…and thats all I’ll say.