Zimmer Good or Bad, Stay or Go

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
IMO......we may be able to better than Zimmer "MAY" but I know we can do a lot worse...BP has groomed some very good coaches and I think he knows more than any of us if Zimmer is suited for the job......If he didn't think he was the man for the job then last offseason he wouldn't have talked him into staying.....

That being said I can see both sides no we don't get enough pressure with our D-line if they were as good as they should be we wouldn't need to Blitz as much as some want..and some of us would still gripe.....If we have a D as good as in 03 next season then we make the playoffs hands down if we have a better O than last seasons I can see us winning the East...Laugh if you want but that is what I think...

I wasn't laughing at you. I understand why people are upset with Zimmer. I just don't think you can lay all this at his feet.

First of all Parcells is the captain of the ship. He could and almost certainly tried to help Zimmer right the ship. So Zimmer wasn't calling all the shots at how the defense played.

You cannot blame either for the injuries. You cannot blame Zimmer for the lack of an established RCB. That is the only real mistake I see with what they did last year. I don't fault them for seeing what they had with Wiley and without spending otherwise. But I do fault them for not having a starting CB on the club other than New.

Wiley is Wiley's fault. I saw him play. He can't. Part of it is the scheme which should be looked at. They do need to turn the DEs loose some. But they can't to that without stopping the run first. And without better linebacking and DT play the ends can't begin to think pass first run second.

It just all collapsed last year like a house of cards. Woodson, no RCB, no nickel back, no dime back, poor linebacking or at least average at best, and a poor to average at best left DL.

Poor defense leads to playing behind which is not what a run first offense play option offense does best. Add a rather immobile last straw QB who played well for his age and skills, a questionable right OL, no running game without Julius, and no passing game without Glenn except Key. You can't have a passing game without a running game and at least two go to WRs.

So I'm not of the opinion it's all Zimmer's fault. Give him a decent car to race and see if he can win some races. Or if you're a card player, you can't win without getting a few cards.

Reaction score
Hmmmm?
I am really on the fence on this question!
:D

Wolverine & Mike,(Damn, I forgot who made the good post about zimmy WUSS moving up the coaching ranks just because everyone else had moved on) you guys know defensive football and what we have been doing doesn't win games...

Damn, zimmy WUSS was the DB's coach & we NEVER (Almost) saw a DB turn & look for the ball, but we always see them hold & get flags thrown!

Many times during a game I can count DOZENS of wrong moves and poorly COACHED PLAYERS doing things that LOSE games for us...

Parcells didn't ever have the luxury of having one of "his guys" coach our D, they are busy WINNING SUPER BOWLS with the Pats!

He saw the last straw last year, it was embarassing to watch how poorly were coached on D...

Thats why were switchging to the 3-4,,,So Parcells can make the moves and we can once again have a real TOUGH D!

dallas blueblood

Reaction score
I read this forum often while at work and home to gather my Dallas Cowboy news. I admire most of the member of this site. I love the fact I can go here and seek out the latest news and opinions.

I have been a fan since I was a very young boy. I will forever be a Cowboys fan good or bad... I notice there is alot of posting in negative light of the coaching staff, players and owner. I will admit I do not always agree with plays called and front office desiosions but I do know I will always love my Dallas Cowboys no matter what even in the midst of a 1-15 season.

The "D" coordinator has been very limited with the personell packages he has had to choose from. You must remember this D was #1 a short time ago. Did Zim lose his knowledge or where there other factors such as a loss of a key safety, not signing a cover corner, no pass rush. If your driving a pinto you can't beat a Benz.

Please remember why we are here...to support our Cowboys. Every team in the NFL has made bad decisions. It is a game...

I am very fortunate to have found this board and been able to join the brotherhood of Cowboys fans....

GO COWBOYS!!!

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The antiZimmer crowd I am calling all of you out. Your take on this is that of a complete gibbering idiot. Zimemr is not the village idiot your standpoint is.

I posted on this thread a refutation of all your drivel and there is nary a response.

Wolverine, your sitting there saying the Ben is taking to long to respond to you. That really is funny when there is a blatant indictment of your excrement from me.

I am waiting for your response.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
Hmmmm?
I am really on the fence on this question!

Wolverine & Mike,(Damn, I forgot who made the good post about zimmy WUSS moving up the coaching ranks just because everyone else had moved on) you guys know defensive football and what we have been doing doesn't win games...

Damn, zimmy WUSS was the DB's coach & we NEVER (Almost) saw a DB turn & look for the ball, but we always see them hold & get flags thrown!

Many times during a game I can count DOZENS of wrong moves and poorly COACHED PLAYERS doing things that LOSE games for us...

Parcells didn't ever have the luxury of having one of "his guys" coach our D, they are busy WINNING SUPER BOWLS with the Pats!

He saw the last straw last year, it was embarassing to watch how poorly were coached on D...

Thats why were switchging to the 3-4,,,So Parcells can make the moves and we can once again have a real TOUGH D!

Explain how a terrible coach can take a grossly undersized front 7 and be in the top 10 in run defense.

Explain this when in most games we were playing from behind meaning teams want to run the ball.

Your generalities are feces.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Your generalities are feces

You sure do like attacking people, don't you? If I had made a post similiar to your last two I'd be getting PMs from mods.

By the way, "Feces" is another field that happens to be your expertise.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rack said:
You sure do like attacking people, don't you? If I had made a post similiar to your last two I'd be getting PMs from mods.

By the way, "Feces" is another field that happens to be your expertise.

Based on what tough guy?

I was speaking of their stances not of the people themselves. That is an attack on their argument not on themselves. Big difference.

How about you tell us a littlle more about how youll admit when youre wrong? I find it funny cause of yet to ever see it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tough guy? Funny, I'm not the one going around calling people's post "Feces" or calling their take on something "idiocy."

When you prove me wrong about something I'll admit I'm wrong. Don't know where the hell that came from anyway.

You need to settle down, "Tough Guy."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Rack said:
Tough guy? Funny, I'm not the one going around calling people's post "Feces" or calling their take on something "idiocy."

When you prove me wrong about something I'll admit I'm wrong. Don't know where the hell that came from anyway.

You need to settle down, "Tough Guy."

Cause you say it all the time. Thats why.

You normally do it when you disagree with someone and youre trying to get them to admit that they are wrong.

At the same time while I have seen you say this dozens of times I have never seen you admit that you were wrong.

And yes I really do believe that to say Zimmer is a poor defensive coordinator is stupid.

I clearly pointed out why i feel this way.

Yet the antiZimmer crowd simply repeats the same old contentions repeatedly and thus the feces comment.

Another thing is that your original response to me was a personal attack. I am not a feces expet as you would call me.

That is why you get PMs because you talk about people and not about what they are saying.

'You are' and 'this is something you are,' are ways to lead into personal attacks. You used the latter form.

I dont care really about the attack cause you really have not stated a position on the subject that I care about at all.

So do you feel that Zimmer sucks as the GRoZ so eloquently tells us?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Explain how a terrible coach can take a grossly undersized front 7 and be in the top 10 in run defense.

Explain this when in most games we were playing from behind meaning teams want to run the ball.

Your generalities are feces.

One of the reasons we had a good run defense is cuz we were so easy to pass against. We were so easy to pass against cuz Zimmers blitzes are so obvious everyone knows when they are comin. He chooses to play a weak stop the run first and givest he QB all day to throw the ball and even the best CBs cant cover a WR forever. We never get any turnovers.

There is so much more about how Zimmer SUCKS then how he is good.

Also thanks alot for gettin this thread to be moved to the smack zone.

You might wanna think a bit before tryin to start somethin with Rack. I seen him before in another forum and believe me you aint seen how he can get. You wouldnt stand a chance.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
:)

Hmmmmmm...thinking outloud...

"hmmmm, even though it's the SmackTalk Zone...it still has posting guidelines."

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
One of the reasons we had a good run defense is cuz we were so easy to pass against. We were so easy to pass against cuz Zimmers blitzes are so obvious everyone knows when they are comin. He chooses to play a weak stop the run first and givest he QB all day to throw the ball and even the best CBs cant cover a WR forever. We never get any turnovers.

There is so much more about how Zimmer SUCKS then how he is good.

Also thanks alot for gettin this thread to be moved to the smack zone.

You might wanna think a bit before tryin to start somethin with Rack. I seen him before in another forum and believe me you aint seen how he can get. You wouldnt stand a chance.

Hmmm okay. First of all you have no idea how i can get. I am really not worried about losing a war of words.

And exactly how are they obvious? Cause you say so?

There was one man on defense last season that had the knack for blitzing. That man would be Roy Williams. Woodson was a great blitzer as well but he got hurt.

Ngyuen Coakley and Singleton are awful on the blitz.

Finally, the whole we were easier to pass on thing is garbage. We were playing from behind a lot last season and teams will run the ball because it guarantees milking the clock. It doesnt matter if we are easier to pass on.

Ive basically come to the conclusion that the GRoZ cretins are unable to respond to logical arguments and soon debase back to the Zimmer sucks soundbites.

TX Cowboy

Reaction score
Zimmer is not bad but he needs the talent to work with when we lost guys like Mario
Edwards and Ekuban we weren't losing super stars, but we were losing guys that
were very valueable for speed and experience that allowed us to do certain things
on the defense that free'd up a rush or allowed a INT

so I think he stays and he does do pretty well with the talent he does have and we
all seen what he can do when he has the number 1 defense in the league

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
I totally agree. But Banned_n_Austin just cant figure this out. But that is why he ran off he knew he was losin this one.

No Mr. Turtlehead. . . no running here. I just don't see the guy being someone you'd want to fire. I mean, when teams are knocking a guys door down for a HC position, he's doing something right. And it's not being a pessimist. This guy comes up with brilliant schemes. He doesn't always have the best talent - who has since Barry Switzer? - but he is a a desciple of Dave Campo who was a great defensive coordinator - and he's got fire.

I guess you just don't have the capacity to see past the personell he's been given, but you show me a coach that can do better than what he did with the same exact players.

I think if anything the guy has shown the ability to be diverse and the ability to roll with punches.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone said:
I wasn't laughing at you. I understand why people are upset with Zimmer. I just don't think you can lay all this at his feet.

First of all Parcells is the captain of the ship. He could and almost certainly tried to help Zimmer right the ship. So Zimmer wasn't calling all the shots at how the defense played.

You cannot blame either for the injuries. You cannot blame Zimmer for the lack of an established RCB. That is the only real mistake I see with what they did last year. I don't fault them for seeing what they had with Wiley and without spending otherwise. But I do fault them for not having a starting CB on the club other than New.

Wiley is Wiley's fault. I saw him play. He can't. Part of it is the scheme which should be looked at. They do need to turn the DEs loose some. But they can't to that without stopping the run first. And without better linebacking and DT play the ends can't begin to think pass first run second.

It just all collapsed last year like a house of cards. Woodson, no RCB, no nickel back, no dime back, poor linebacking or at least average at best, and a poor to average at best left DL.

Poor defense leads to playing behind which is not what a run first offense play option offense does best. Add a rather immobile last straw QB who played well for his age and skills, a questionable right OL, no running game without Julius, and no passing game without Glenn except Key. You can't have a passing game without a running game and at least two go to WRs.

So I'm not of the opinion it's all Zimmer's fault. Give him a decent car to race and see if he can win some races. Or if you're a card player, you can't win without getting a few cards.

See thur Wolverine? This is logic. . .you spew nonsense - nonsense that takes a paper towel to clean up.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
The antiZimmer crowd I am calling all of you out. Your take on this is that of a complete gibbering idiot. Zimemr is not the village idiot your standpoint is.

I posted on this thread a refutation of all your drivel and there is nary a response.

Wolverine, your sitting there saying the Ben is taking to long to respond to you. That really is funny when there is a blatant indictment of your excrement from me.

I am waiting for your response.

How does that Mesa Boogie sound, man?

I'd love to plug my Schecter into that.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Hmmm okay. First of all you have no idea how i can get. I am really not worried about losing a war of words.

I know one thing. You wouldnt do good against Rack.

And exactly how are they obvious? Cause you say so?

Yeah!

There was one man on defense last season that had the knack for blitzing. That man would be Roy Williams. Woodson was a great blitzer as well but he got hurt.

Roy Williams was a freak when he got here. He gets worse every year not better. That is cuz of Zimmer. T-New was da shizzle when he got here as a rook but he got worse to and that was after Zimmer began to ruin him.

Ekuban in his first year away from Zimmer looked like a good DE and had his best year ever. What a surprise.

Every year we bring in FAs and try to improve the D but it never improves. Always at the bottom in QB pressures sacks tackles for losses and turnovers. Always get lit up by any team that has a good offense. Yeah Zimmers Ds look real good against sorry teams like we played in 2003 but when we faced a real team Zimmer got shown for what he really is a total idiot.

Ngyuen Coakley and Singleton are awful on the blitz.

That is cuz Zimmer has clue as to how to hide his blitzes. We could have Ray Lewis here and hed have probs cuz whatever ZImmer is doin is so obvious it aint even funny.

Finally, the whole we were easier to pass on thing is garbage. We were playing from behind a lot last season and teams will run the ball because it guarantees milking the clock. It doesnt matter if we are easier to pass on.

No it aint. You just dont like that this is a FACT!!! We were real easy to pass on. Any average or good QB shredded our D in 2004.

Ive basically come to the conclusion that the GRoZ cretins are unable to respond to logical arguments and soon debase back to the Zimmer sucks soundbites.

Ive come to the conclusion that if Zimmer was to come to a sudden stop your head would go right up his butt.