Zimmer Interview

rags747

Reaction score
How does a skinny guy like Zimmer become so fat? His belly is freaking Huge, 19:15 mark of the video. I kept thinking it was a pillow or something. I don’t get it…

shabazz

Reaction score
How does a skinny guy like Zimmer become so fat? His belly is freaking Huge, 19:15 mark of the video. I kept thinking it was a pillow or something. I don’t get it…
I'd give Jerry a paternity test after the calf arrives.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Here we go!
How many games have we won because of Micah Parsons? Really. He is a great pass rusher. So is TJ Watt, Miles Garrett, Max Crosby. How many games have these guys won for their teams? Nick Bosa often gets ranked #1, and while his SF team is the only real winner among these top pass rushers, does SF win games because of him? If a DE sets the edge and helps his team control the other team’s run game, I’ll argue that does as much to help his team win games than a top DE getting 1 sack every week. Unless it’s a close game and the pass rusher stops a 4th quarter drive with a great pass rush, how many games are actually won by these guys. Unless a DE/OLB dominates both aspects of a game like an Aaron Donald does from DT, he’s probably not the reason a team wins most of their games, yet they are paid like their teams couldn’t win without them. I’m sure this is an unpopular opinion, but it’s mine.

visionary

Reaction score
I get that he’s old…but the man just looks incredibly unhealthy. Like he was drinking a ton of beer in his off-time type of unhealthy. Not exactly normal to gain a lot of sloppy weight only in your midsection.

Not that I really care what the man does with his free time, but the people saying he’s potentially the next HC are out of their minds. Zim looks like he’s going to struggle to finish out his 1 season as DC.
Hes competing with Big Mike for the fried chicken trays and winning

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The onset of aging isn't kind to the physical well-being of anyone. Zimmer looks like a beer-drinking man with a beer belly who doesn't look his best sitting down. I noticed when he stood up that that big pot wasn't quite as rotund in appearance. Perhaps getting out on the field and simply moving around more might help alleviate that -- although, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Let's have high hopes for his success, though. ;)

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Here we go!
How many games have we won because of Micah Parsons? Really. He is a great pass rusher. So is TJ Watt, Miles Garrett, Max Crosby. How many games have these guys won for their teams? Nick Bosa often gets ranked #1, and while his SF team is the only real winner among these top pass rushers, does SF win games because of him? If a DE sets the edge and helps his team control the other team’s run game, I’ll argue that does as much to help his team win games than a top DE getting 1 sack every week. Unless it’s a close game and the pass rusher stops a 4th quarter drive with a great pass rush, how many games are actually won by these guys. Unless a DE/OLB dominates both aspects of a game like an Aaron Donald does from DT, he’s probably not the reason a team wins most of their games, yet they are paid like their teams couldn’t win without them. I’m sure this is an unpopular opinion, but it’s mine.
Nobody wins games because of any one player...

shabazz

Reaction score
The onset of aging isn't kind to the physical well-being of anyone. Zimmer looks like a beer-drinking man with a beer belly who doesn't look his best sitting down. I noticed when he stood up that that big pot wasn't quite as rotund in appearance. Perhaps getting out on the field and simply moving around more might help alleviate that -- although, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Let's have high hopes for his success, though. ;)
They say that Spanx work only when standing up......when sitting down the excess blubber, meat and skin gather up again and re-form into their usual blob.

Go Cowboys! Go Spanx!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He's a widow, so he's probably eating out and eating alot of already made dinners packed with preservatives.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I liked Quinn, not gonna knock him at all.

But I have always been a Zim fan, and can’t wait to see how,he changes this defense.

I suspect they will not be as fast as they were under DQ, but will be bigger and more physical.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Here we go!
I agree I'm sorry Micah doesn't affect the game enough for us to pay him generational money. To me he's hyped off one great rookie season. I feel like the guys we play against affect our game more than Micah does, at times the guy isn't even a high paid player, we just struggle to keep that player from wrecking our offense

rags747

Reaction score
I’m not buying the age thing. The guy is surrounded by a world class weight setup at the Star. Old does not have to mean that u get fat.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I’m not buying the age thing. The guy is surrounded by a world class weight setup at the Star. Old does not have to mean that u get fat.
No, but drinking beer like there's no tomorrow will do that more often than not. Lifting weights won't offset the calories consumed with the brew. I wasn't suggesting that years of wear and tear is fattening, though. Zimmer is a widower. Losing one's wife often has a tendency to unfortunately encourage alcoholic consumption to a fault. If his appearance bugs you, you might actually become more tolerant of it later in life. Take heart.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is a really good interview. I enjoyed the BP stuff and it does sound like BP was very on Zim. We will see what he can do with this bunch this year. I hope he gets the run D cleaned up.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If this team gets off to a bad start you're probably going to see a lot of guys making business decisions on the field.
I have this in a few threads........it is the environment Jerry has created, starting with the top team leaders in MM and Dak. In other words, it is a fragile team playing a fragile season......it won't take much to break them