Zimmer says We need some noses, obviously

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Zimmer likes big DT. In Minny recently, he started two 310+ DT in Phillips and Tomlinson. He would pair Linval Joseph with a similar big.

In Cincy before Atkins emerged he would play two 325 guys like Peko and Sims at DT.

Zimmer will play with a 300 lbs under tackle like Geno Atkins or Shariff Floyd but failing that he went with two 325 lbs guys inside.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of us seem to think that Mazi is the only DT that underperformed on this team.

Osa shouldn't be a sacred cow here either
One of these players had a 1st round pick used to acquire them and has given us absolutely nothing.

The other was a 3rd rounder and has been an average-above average NFL starter for 3 seasons.

These two things are very different, but yeah. Neither has been a game changer.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Wow, he basically just said out loud what we already all know: Mazi can’t play.

It must be pretty bad if he’s actually willing to come out and say it this early before a single game is even played in the season.
Definitely not an endorsement of last year's first round pick.

shabazz

Reaction score
One of these players had a 1st round pick used to acquire them and has given us absolutely nothing.

The other was a 3rd rounder and has been an average-above average NFL starter for 3 seasons.

These two things are very different, but yeah. Neither has been a game changer.
Fair point for sure. I guess it sometimes sounds like we are set at the other DT position and just waiting for Mazi to fill in the rest of the puzzle.

It still remains an area of concern and Jerry throwing a 1st round pick at it every 30 years ain't getting it.......besides Mazi, is 1991 the last time he took a DT in the 1st?

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Fair point for sure. I guess it sometimes sounds like we are set at the other DT position and just waiting for Mazi to fill in the rest of the puzzle.

It still remains an area of concern and Jerry throwing a 1st round pick at it every 30 years ain't getting it.......besides Mazi, is 1991 the last time he took a DT in the 1st?
Yeah the way the DT position is consistently completely discarded is ridiculous, but typical Jerry.

We haven’t had a monster inside for the better part of a decade. I’d say Malik Collins and Osa are the two best we’ve drafted in recent memory, but we haven’t had a good 1-tech since Jay Ratliff.

Reminds me of how this team ran the safety position for years. Jeff Heath probably shortened my lifespan by 3 years.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah the way the DT position is consistently completely discarded is ridiculous, but typical Jerry.

We haven’t had a monster inside for the better part of a decade. I’d say Malik Collins and Osa are the two best we’ve drafted in recent memory, but we haven’t had a good 1-tech since Jay Ratliff.

Reminds me of how this team ran the safety position for years. Jeff Heath probably shortened my lifespan by 3 years.
Heath should've remained the hard hitting STer that we all loved. At least w/ Bates they only tried to start him one year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Worse. He said it simply being positive.

If you believe him, you sure are up there on the naivette chart.
Naive how? Because I do not agree with you?

Because I take MM at his word and do not assume the opposite because that is what I thought before?