Zimmer says We need some noses, obviously

chagus

Reaction score
The Jones boys will do one guy at a time and then give this incredibly long explanation as to why it’s so much harder to trade for a player than to address it earlier in FA.

But then also of course, not explain why we purposely did not address it in FA earlier and intentionally got to this point.
At least they are bringing in SOME players. Obviously, it wont be some high market players but at least its SOMETHING.

rambo2

Reaction score
Wow, he basically just said out loud what we already all know: Mazi can’t play.

It must be pretty bad if he’s actually willing to come out and say it this early before a single game is even played in the season.
That isn't what he said.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow, he basically just said out loud what we already all know: Mazi can’t play.

It must be pretty bad if he’s actually willing to come out and say it this early before a single game is even played in the season.
He actually said just the opposite but you obviously don’t care about that part.

chagus

Reaction score
That is fair. I get how the conditioning could be a problem given the fact his offseason was spent recovering from surgery.

I'll have to find the film I was watching on his snaps during the preseason game. There were a handful of pass rush snaps where the effort was non-existent but it looked like he was so gassed that he barely got out of his stance. Like you said though, likely attributable to conditioning.

I've just become pretty frustrated with how slowly he has developed. I actually liked the pick when it was made but I'm pretty nearly sold that he might not amount to much nowadays.
Exactly my take. Wasn't exactly the player i wanted at the time ( i wanted Porter Jr) but thought yes, that is definitely a need so not a bad pick at all. He's really strong. Jumps on stairwells like a champ. Should be a great addition! Boy was i wrong.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That isn't what he said.
He actually said just the opposite but you obviously don’t care about that part.
Gentlemen, here is how I interpret it:

Imagine someone asks your boss about how things are going on your team and he goes: "Well, obviously we could use some software engineers" and you are one of the existing software engineers. Not exactly a vote of confidence eh?

Also, this is most likely stupid of me to do but I will officially go on record saying that Mazi just ain't it. #58 was pretty terrible last season and I have not exactly been inspired by what I've seen in clips from camp, what Cowboys beat writers have observed, and how he played in the preseason game. I've seen enough.

I could be wrong (I actually hope I am) but I base my opinion off of the here and now, and what Mazi has given us is pretty dang close to nothing.

I actually liked the pick initially and defended Mazi's performance all last season because 1-techs usually take a bit to become NFL ready, but the lack of significant improvement is concerning. You'd have to be an absolute homer to pretend he has even come close to expectations as a 1st rounder.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some of us seem to think that Mazi is the only DT that underperformed on this team.

Osa shouldn't be a sacred cow here either
I think Osa has done pretty good with the lack of a real presence next to him and the lack of legitimate depth at his position. He and Micah had a very high play count per game IIRC and notice that both start to tail off at the end of the season...both getting wore out from lack of depth at their position and lack of a true NT to really clog up the middle IMO.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Just trying to do my part.....

rad-720x1080.jpg

rambo2

Reaction score
Gentlemen, here is how I interpret it:

Imagine someone asks your boss about how things are going on your team and he goes: "Well, obviously we could use some software engineers" and you are one of the existing software engineers. Not exactly a vote of confidence eh?

Also, this is most likely stupid of me to do but I will officially go on record saying that Mazi just ain't it. #58 was pretty terrible last season and I have not exactly been inspired by what I've seen in clips from camp, what Cowboys beat writers have observed, and how he played in the preseason game. I've seen enough.

I could be wrong (I actually hope I am) but I base my opinion off of the here and now, and what Mazi has given us is pretty dang close to nothing.

I actually liked the pick initially and defended Mazi's performance all last season because 1-techs usually take a bit to become NFL ready, but the lack of significant improvement is concerning. You'd have to be an absolute homer to pretend he has even come close to expectations as a 1st rounder.
It's about their lack of depth. He didn't say Mazi can't play. Mazi is going to play.

ghst187

Reaction score
If only we would spend a first round pick on one….hmmm

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Some of us seem to think that Mazi is the only DT that underperformed on this team.

Osa shouldn't be a sacred cow here either
You are entitled to your opinion but "Mazi has done well in there," is still mutually exclusive with MM claiming he played poorly.