Zimmer to Vikings

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always liked Zimmer. He definitely deserves a shot and glad to see him finally get it.

The media folks on twitter are absolutely holding a standing ovation for Zimmer finally getting his chance. I really hope he succeeds for all the support he's gotten.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I hope he succeeds so he can replace Garrett as the head coach in a couple years.

NJ22

Reaction score
I think many of us root for Zim and I am glad to see him finally get his shot. Minny has hired him as their new Head Coach. Make us proud. Thank you Minny for something to look forward to next year!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just saw this beaking news on NFLN. Should be interesting to see how he does. Maybe AP will decide to retire a Viking now.

Gaede

Reaction score
I hope he does well. I didn't like him here but have come to really respect him as a coach and person. He has worked really hard and absolutely earned a chance to be head coach

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good for him and for the Cowboys. This makes him becoming a head coach in Dallas unlikely and that is a good thing.

Not implying he cannot be a successful head coach, but his comfort level with the organization would make him too easy of a hire for Jones.

The next regime needs to be someone who has not been in the "family portrait".

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The media folks on twitter are absolutely holding a standing ovation for Zimmer finally getting his chance. I really hope he succeeds for all the support he's gotten.

He is a little like Rex Ryan who was overdue but turned people off due to his personality. I would not be surprised if he gets similar results.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
After 2006 I soured on his coaching. I don't want him here in Dallas, although I could be proven wrong. I thought Mike McCarthey was a joke of hire by Green Bay and now I think he's a top-5 Head Coach. With that said, I wish him the best of luck, as long as he is not facing the Cowboys.

YR

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a little like Rex Ryan who was overdue but turned people off due to his personality. I would not be surprised if he gets similar results.

Demeanor is different, but I liken Zim to a more fiery version of his previous boss, Marvin Lewis.

Media folks were all in a tizzy, because Lewis had done such a great job over the years as a DC and couldn't understand why he hadn't gotten his opportunity. When he was hired by the Bengals, it was celebrated similar to Zim's hire.

Now the same media folks are wondering how he still has a job. lol

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never liked him, I still don't and I'm just glad he won't be an option next year when Jason Garrett is the latest scapegoat for the owner.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think many of us root for Zim and I am glad to see him finally get his shot. Minny has hired him as their new Head Coach. Make us proud. Thank you Minny for something to look forward to next year!

Heck yeah. Super psyched to see an ex-coach here succeed somewhere else.

I love it when another team wins. Make us proud, Mike. Go Cowboys!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Good for him. Should have been hired here after 2010 if Jerry was looking for someone with connections to the glory days but nope, he hitched his wagon to Garrett.