Zimmer v Rivera

sbark

Reaction score
ZImmer was Head Coach in Minny from 2014 to 2021. He inherited a league worst defense and had it to middle of the pack in one year, then had good defenses from 2015 to 2019 including a defense number 1 in yards and points. Defense let them down in 2020 and 2021. 2022 was pretty bad and then this year returned to middle of the pack. He had some good defenses here and has a nice run as a DC with the Bengals which led him to the Vikings head coaching job. I don't think Rivera can come to close to matching that, and Zimmer has been a better head coach than Rivera as well. If it is between those two, give me Zimmer all day.
Give him personnel....he will turn out a quality D

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Zimmer gets hired what I bet Jerry try’s to do is keep Harris also. They can if they want, likely have zimmer and Harris meet and see if their compatible.

But if Harris is that important to the locker room and he can adapt to zimmers style of play then I could see that happening. Harris would also learn from Quinn and zimmer and be gaining a wealth of knowledge and versatility
Would not be surprised if Harris leaves for Quinn. Zimm’s problem in Minnesota was he couldn’t get his coordinators to want to work for him. Straight to the point, tough screamer, but lacks the ‘penache’ of Bill Parcells. Maybe he’s learned through experience.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Would not be surprised if Harris leaves for Quinn. Zimm’s problem in Minnesota was he couldn’t get his coordinators to want to work for him. Straight to the point, tough screamer, but lacks the ‘penache’ of Bill Parcells. Maybe he’s learned through experience.
Right but the cowboys actual control if he leaves or not

Sandyf

Reaction score
Sorry, would rather have Mike Vrabel over any of the others.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Give me the AA linebacker package with Zimmer. He is also not shy about putting his boot on players when they are slacking. Found some video from his time with the Bengals. The man don't play when you fk up.

quickccc

Reaction score
Al Harris is a players connection coach but let’s not act like he’s the one intercepting these balls. Ballhawk dbs are ballhawks. Diggs and bland are those types. What did Harris do for Joseph and wright?

Yep ... Ditto here. ..

- the natural ball hawks .are just true legit ball hawks, - we cannot make a guy a ball hawk..
I think its about a natural feel for the position and a knack for making big play INTs, as well as a mental toughness - and with Any position, a drive.
to excel at the NFL level.

- Even the better coaches can only go/get so far, the players have to have in their own ability to excel.
Whereas we struck gold with Diggs and Bland, we flopped out with Joseph & Wright.

- At the time KJ was drafted i was on board with it, becuz he faired well vs Heisman winner WR Devontae Smith, he showed INT skills,
and he had legit pre draft 4.4 speed.

- Wright was viewed by many as a major reach in the 3rd rd.. and he's utterly done nuthin to distinct any different. He's JAG, and a bust.
I was surprised/disappointed McClay reached for him based off Quinn personally working out Wright and influencing the Wright pick.

-Time will tell what we'll have in Eric Scott Jr. who was basically a " red shirt " game inactive all year.
Something I'm willing to believe discouraged the club for 2023.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If it comes down to these two, who do you want?

Can we make this a poll mods?
Man, this is like picking if you want to be bit by a Rattlesnake or a Cobra:laugh:

My preference is neither, but if I got to do it I guess I will go with Zimmmer....................Riveria just looked broken and depressed on the sideline this year, no fire in his belly at all.............not sure where his head is at right now.

Of course, it wont matter, we will get a first round beat down regardless.:thumbup: