Zimmer v Rivera

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
6opi8e.jpg

CWR

Reaction score

Listen to this then tell me how you're feeling about Zimmer.

I feel fine. Quinn was a BFF and they still wilted in the playoffs. I dont care if they dislike his tough, old school ways. Tbh I believe most of this is moot because MM will be gone after next season and we'll have a new staff all together.

CWR

Reaction score
Not who I necessarily want, but Zimmer is the choice.

All the normal propaganda ministers across the Cowboys beat are writing puff pieces and doing the Cowboys bidding on social media, touting the benefits of a Mike Zimmer defense. The same mouth pieces who spent weeks explaining why Amari Cooper had to be traded are back at it again.

That's how you know the decision has already been made. Slap a Gorico quadruple platinum guarantee on it.
Yeah and I'm guessing probably the same ones who made a case for MM staying. You're probably right brother. Again though, it's one season and MM is gone and likely the rest of his staff.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I want Vrabel but if it’s between those 2…Zimmer.

I was part of the GROZ movement so it’s hard for me to say that, but I was wrong and Zimmer has proven to be a good coach.

Remember when it was a choice of Campo or Zimmer for head coach? Holy crap we whiffed on that one. I love Dave for his part in our success, but wow.
Vrabel wants to be HC.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Zimmerman struggled to win big as a head coach, but we forget how often they won their division. He is known as a mastermind when it comes to defense and coaching defensive players. Various safeties have said he thought them more about defense than they knew existed. Like McCarthy on offense, Zimmerman makes sure defensive players understand the entire defense, the complete call and how all 11 guys work together, not just what to do in their position. He won’t get all the rah rah love that Quinn got, but he’s a disciplinarian. I think there will be much less free lancing and blown assignments, along with fewer stupid mental penalties.

I don’t believe he will bring some new cutting edge defensive philosophy, but if our offense can add a running game, I believe he will have our defense playing a better, tougher game that will allow our offense to win games vs the better opponents.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ZIMMER, NO TO RIVERBOAT RON
I agree, mostly because it’s been so long since he was a coordinator, but the last time he was, he was great.
In his first year coordinating the Bears defense, they were #13 overall. In his second season, they were the number 1 total defense.
In his third and final season, they were #3. He ran the Tampa 2. In San Diego, he had less to work with, but they improved every year.

These guys may be older and not as sexy because they were fired as head coaches, like Quinn, but they were both tough defensive coordinators. Our defense could use a little less flash and a little more toughness.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely Zimmer. If we are going old and tired give me the guy with the Parcells connection
Zimmer only overlapped with Parcells in Dallas for one year, and Parcells didn't choose him, he inherited him. Zimmer is a 4-3 guy and Parcells was a 3-4 guy, which is probably why he only lasted 1 year with Parcells

Mikexike

Reaction score
I just hope whoever they bring in, He is a disciplinarian....I do not want to see guys lined up offsides for once in a game.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Zimm is our boy. He’s a Parcells boy through and through. Slap down dem Hot Boyz II.

His main fallback was he couldn’t handle the coaching staff as a HC. Everyone left him. Won’t have to worry about this as the DC.

What Big Mac needs too in a lame duck year.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Zimmer only overlapped with Parcells in Dallas for one year, and Parcells didn't choose him, he inherited him. Zimmer is a 4-3 guy and Parcells was a 3-4 guy, which is probably why he only lasted 1 year with Parcells
I'm fully aware of their relationship. The fact that Parcells chose him to stay and jettisoned the rest is what I refer to as a Parcells connection. In that, he was a coach that Parcells wanted and trusted.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If Zimmer gets hired what I bet Jerry try’s to do is keep Harris also. They can if they want, likely have zimmer and Harris meet and see if their compatible.

But if Harris is that important to the locker room and he can adapt to zimmers style of play then I could see that happening. Harris would also learn from Quinn and zimmer and be gaining a wealth of knowledge and versatility

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I agree, mostly because it’s been so long since he was a coordinator, but the last time he was, he was great.
In his first year coordinating the Bears defense, they were #13 overall. In his second season, they were the number 1 total defense.
In his third and final season, they were #3. He ran the Tampa 2. In San Diego, he had less to work with, but they improved every year.

These guys may be older and not as sexy because they were fired as head coaches, like Quinn, but they were both tough defensive coordinators. Our defense could use a little less flash and a little more toughness.
What did he run at San Diego? It sure wasn't the Tampa 2.