Zimmer was scarred by the pickle juice game

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Remember that game? It caused fake tough guy Mike Zimmer to abandon an attack style defense in favor of being in constant fear of what the offense may do to us.

Be prepared for those 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5. The just stay in your lane pass rush against mobile QBs. A defense that absorbs punches, they don't punch back. All the things that led to the GROZ-Get Rid Of Zimmer movement here.

3:40 of the video the coward admits this.

I have a better theory about what went on there, sissy boy. It wasn't the scheme. Your players just sucked.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah he said Philly rushed for 220 that day….he also said in the interview with Werder that we might not get as many TO’s but the goal is to have a lower scoring Defense.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah he said Philly rushed for 220 that day….he also said in the interview with Werder that we might not get as many TO’s but the goal is to have a lower scoring Defense.
Didn't we use to rank near the bottom of the league for turnovers under him. I remember going through a period of time where we were in a turnover drought. For some reason I think it was under him.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Remember that game? It caused fake tough guy Mike Zimmer to abandon an attack style defense in favor of being in constant fear of what the offense may do to us.

Be prepared for those 10 yard cushions on 3rd and 5. The just stay in your lane pass rush against mobile QBs. A defense that absorbs punches, they don't punch back. All the things that led to the GROZ-Get Rid Of Zimmer movement here.

I have a better theory about what went on there, sissy boy. It wasn't the scheme. Your players just sucked.

Awesome. A DC that understands you need to stop the run first and foremost. Nothing better than hearing that to me.

edit: Also liked hearing the comment on working to be more disciplined. But, lip service isn't what we need. Hoping to see it on the field. Hopefully he can get some of these guys to focus more on football too but those days may be gone.

Last edited:

Jarntt

Reaction score
Mazi 305lbs??? Yikes! Let's get that up please
I knew the thread from yesterday saying he was 328lbs was way off. No way he could have gained that much weight so quickly without it being "bad weight"

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Mazi 305lbs??? Yikes! Let's get that up please
I knew the thread from yesterday saying he was 328lbs was way off. No way he could have gained that much weight so quickly without it being "bad weight"
Yeah that stuck out to me too! Pretty quiet about what they want him to be at.

dfense

Reaction score
Zimmer's D allowed a few 200+ yard rushers his first year as coordinator in Dallas. Campo had to step in.

week 1 Duece Staley 201yards 41 points
week 4 Charlie Garner 201 yards 41 points
week 14 Warrick Dunn 210 yards after allowing Jamal Lewis 187 the previous week.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

It's a good thing we decided to rehire him 20 years later after having NOT ever taken a team to a conference title game as either DC or HC. In JerryWorld you fail upwards.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Yup and we will find out how scarred he really is in the first few possessions of the first few games we play!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Didn't we use to rank near the bottom of the league for turnovers under him. I remember going through a period of time where we were in a turnover drought. For some reason I think it was under him.
He also was the architect of the defense that gave up an NFL record for 200 yard rushers in one season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It's a good thing we decided to rehire him 20 years later after having NOT ever taken a team to a conference title game as either DC or HC. In JerryWorld you fail upwards.
The Vikings were in the 2017 Conference Championship(1/21/18), lost to the eagles.

If you're going to **** on somebody, at least **** on them correctly.