Zimmer - who's not happy?

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
It really doesn't matter.

If the team takes the same approach to the off-season they always do, we won't win any more games this year.

If they do change their approach and actually sign free agents, we still have a fundamental flaw at QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm willing to give Zim another chance. Which is something I never thought I would say. Let's see what he can put together and how all that translates onto the field. First time I see the CB's line up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 4 I'm pulling my support again.

Side note - There is no salary cap for coaches. So putting together a coaching staff loaded with good coaches shouldn't be a problem. Yet I seem to be continually be disappointed by some of the coaches the Cowboys hire. It makes me question how serious Jerry is about winning another championship.

reddyuta

Reaction score
his style of Defense will not work because we dont have the players for it.just look at our LBs and DTs,all are undersized,heck even Mazi is undersized now.To replace all of them is not possible.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
At least we'll have the right sized players in their positions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
we didn't have much other options. Ryan or Zimmer. two out of work former coaches. would anybody else worth their dime come here, in a lame duck year with the head coach in his last year of contract? zimmer was best we could do....and that ain't saying much

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I think Jerry simply went with something he was already familiar with. He fits Jerry's 'yes man' profile.

MM was retained because Jerry knows he wouldn't be trying to wrestle control or power away. It's a perfect scenario in Jerry's eyes.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I'm willing to give Zim another chance. Which is something I never thought I would say. Let's see what he can put together and how all that translates onto the field. First time I see the CB's line up 10 yards off the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 4 I'm pulling my support again.

Side note - There is no salary cap for coaches. So putting together a coaching staff loaded with good coaches shouldn't be a problem. Yet I seem to be continually be disappointed by some of the coaches the Cowboys hire. It makes me question how serious Jerry is about winning another championship.
Jerry bases his hires on who will be the biggest threat to his media status and who won't. Jerry will never bring BB to Dallas for that reason alone. Can you imagine BB gets hired and within 2 seasons Dallas in an NFCCG? Jerry knows all the media attention would be directed at BB and what he has done for the franchise. Do you think that would set well with Jerry? Not a chance.

Until either Jerry finally gives up control or goes 6 feet under, and the latter is more likely to come first, there's no way anyone can think Jerry is really serious about winning.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won’t like any hire by Jerry that is a comfort hire. I also won’t like any hire Jerry makes that is supposed to be a decision by the coach.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Those saying the options were limited were they really? The Cowboys had 2 coaches already on staff they could have hired that they knew better than the teams that hired them. They could have interviewed defensive assistants from other teams, but chose not to. They ended up going with an experienced coach that has run successful defenses for a number of years in the past.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Under the circumstances, he was the best IMO.

**MM's margin is razor-thin...he needed a cheap DC who can hit the ground running
** There is a good chance Zim will improve our biggest weakness defensively (run game)
**Love the fact he's spent the last couple of years connected to the college ranks. That could help finding some good late-round draft sleepers