Zimmer - who's not happy?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think considering our options zoom is a good candidate for this upcoming season. We will know more about McCarthy and whether he will be the coach in 2025 so for this one season I think Zimmer was a good hire. Your thoughts?
I don't get the huge objection some have with the hire. Zimmer has proven to be successful as an NFL D-Coordinator.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think considering our options zoom is a good candidate for this upcoming season. We will know more about McCarthy and whether he will be the coach in 2025 so for this one season I think Zimmer was a good hire. Your thoughts?
Does it matter what the defense does?
Stop the run stop the run stop the run............Yes you can say it till you turn blue but in the end, when the defense has held our offense can't score enough points.
Make Rowdy the DC you will get the same results............Just ask the Niners!!!!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
he selected someone who didn't scare him. I wish Vrabel would have gotten the job and kicked Jerry's old leather asp. I liked it when Ratliff was going to kick it in the locker room. Then everybody started hating him.

1942willys

Reaction score
I don't get the huge objection some have with the hire. Zimmer has proven to be successful as an NFL D-Coordinator.
don't have a huge objection just do not think he is going to make much difference

visionary

Reaction score
Im not happy because i wanted Jim Harbaugh

Zimmer might “work” but this is all patchwork. We needed someone who will cut out the tumor not give us morphine

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who’s not happy?

A lot of the defensive players probably aren’t happy.

Especially guys like Micah.

They’re used to being coddled and told how great they are. Accountability is foreign to them.

Changes are coming, hopefully. And I think that’s great.

Let the weak be exposed and get them out of here.

visionary

Reaction score
Who’s not happy?

A lot of the defensive players probably aren’t happy.

Especially guys like Micah.

They’re used to being coddled and told how great they are. Accountability is foreign to them.

Changes are coming, hopefully. And I think that’s great.

Let the weak be exposed and get them out of here.
If Zimmer does that, it will be a good start

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the same guy we ran out of town before.

When the team owner says we are going all in and then they bring him back, it gives us reason to question.
No, he left Dallas to become D-Coordinator in Atlanta where he could run the 4-3 defense he knew and favored rather than Parcells 3-4 defense that he had no experience with. It was just a bad fit. The Cowboys now run a 4-3, and Zimmer has a history of success with that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't care. I will sit back and see what happens.
I am not wasting any brain cells on this, or much of anything else. I will waste my brain cells on beer. :muttley:

Maybe I will respond accordingly to how I feel at the moment.
I just find it entertaining at times, that many fans and posters repeat the same thing about the same players, coaches, Jerry, topics.
It is like watching a movie or maybe I should say cartoons, that you seen 1,000 times already. You know what is coming and will happen, or will be said. But you have the same response every time.

I always found it very boring when I hear people quote lines from movies over and over. Kind of like that.

:lmao:

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t hate it. His track record speaks for itself and if he has a say in the draft, he can fill some holes in terms of LBs and DLs. The main issue is, his defenses don’t generate TOs like Quinn’s did here, meaning it’s going to impact this offense that needs whatever help it can get with our amazing QB at the helm.

mardwin

Reaction score
I would have preferred Ron Rivera. His defenses have been to 2 Super Bowls with the Bears and Carolina.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
After that humiliating playoff loss to GB, heads should have rolled. Change was needed to purge the stench of that gutless embarrassment!!!! In my opinion, it's not a matter of whether MM or Zimmer, or Ryan can coach. It all boils down to having an owner/FO, that has the vision to hire the best GM, Coaching staff, that money can buy (there is no cap on GM's + Coaches)....and then put together a cohesive team with players who can execute that plan. Personally the winning formula seems pretty obvious, a blue chip QB, and a dominant D. For some reason, Jed +Jethro, want to do it their same old losing way, with re-tread coaches, wasted draft picks on injured players + head cases, later round QBs who cant get us over the hump, going cheap in FA, but handing out HUGE contracts to losing players, insytead of curtting bait.

Jerry had the tenacity and vision to hire a young, innovative coach named Jimmy Johnson, who knew the college players, was a tough disciplinarian, and put together a winning Coaching staff. As a result we won 3 out of 4 Lombardi's. Not sure why Jerry strayed from that winning formula other than ego. Sucks for this once proud franchise and the fans!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
First of all that's absolute nonsense I had nothing to do with it one year left on his deal... It had far more to do with the fact that he is the offensive coordinator and the head coach that actually has won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight ears and the window slightly cracked they're gonna try to win this year this is not a throwaway year that is nonsense I don't know what owner who does that without purposely tanking and that's not what they're doing they never have..

75% of the new hires this year were all retreads 100% of them in the NFC East were all retreads the carousel of coaches is very small in the NFL most of them are all moving from team to team there are very few new hires as far as coming from college or first time at their position very very rare and that's not a guarantee and none of it means anything you think there's indicators here and there is not...​
Jerry is giving Mike McCarthy in that offense and his team won last shot that is it this whole retread nonsense it is a dumb word it is pretty much how the world works you know how many people that changed jobs around the world but they have the same position and they work for many companies over their lifetime all in the same position they get hired either quit or fired and they get rehired in the same position in the NFL it's no different veteran coaches have been passed around from team to team for decades upon decades upon decades... It's pretty much normal again there aren't very many new hires there are few but it's rare but the normalcy around sports is coaches are moved from team to team they're all retreads.​
So when you wanna make a comment so you feel like you know something and you wanna feel like you want me to 1st to say it you're not and you'd be also wrong you don't know what garry's intent is but I can tell you this it isn't to lose on purpose because of a one year contract it'll be a lot different if you owed him four years this man has won a lot of games over the last three seasons yes we fall short in the playoffs but there's a reason he's here and not fired it's more because of all the games they won two division titles three straight playoff games and 36 wins over three years it's not something you typically get fired over... Him not getting a new deal is actually being shots fired at him is saying you either get better go further in the playoffs or you won't be here in 2025..​
You need anymore proof than Jason Garrett was a lame duck coach actually went to the playoffs and got a new contract here with Jerry Jones he was not on a one year deal because of the money he was told to go win if you want a new contract and in this case with Mike McCarthy they wanna see an NFC championship game appearance at minimum or he's gone so yeah the likelihood he's probably gone but it has nothing to do with a lame duck here players usually have what we call contract years why don't we call them lame duck years but most of the time those players step up and play pretty well Jerry is challenging Mike McCarthy Mike Zimmer is just a normal hire he just left Minnesota he's been in the league even since here and he also was a consultant with sanders team at one point...​
Sorry, but hiring a geriatric defensive coordinator who’s been out of the league for 3 years and saddling him up to a lame duck head coach is the antithesis of trying to win next year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry, but hiring a geriatric defensive coordinator who’s been out of the league for 3 years and saddling him up to a lame duck head coach is the antithesis of trying to win next year.
100% disagree

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Hard to be happy about it. We’ve already been there with Zimmer. Jerry knows him and with McCarthy in the final year of his contract, Zimmer was probably the most interested in the job. He probably figures he could end up the Cowboys next HC which is a sickening thought. The DC isn’t going to matter anyway unless we getter bigger and more physical. Our defense will continue to be our downfall with our lack of size upfront and at LB. We were completely manhandled defensively in 4 our losses including to Green Bay.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wrong let's just stay in the NFC East you're trying to tell me they're not retreads and older guys or failed coaches name Dan Quinn , Kingsbury, Kellen Moore ,and Fangio.
All failures three of which were already with the Cowboys at one time and exactly what did they do for the NFL before they just got retreaded to other teams??
Now go look around the NFL 75% of the NFL are all moving the same coaches from one team to the other pretty much seasonally....