Zimmer - who's not happy?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, he left Dallas
He was pushed and shoved out the door. There would have been rioting in the streets had he returned. All kinds of lawlessness. Cats chasing dogs. It would have been anarchy!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think considering our options zoom is a good candidate for this upcoming season. We will know more about McCarthy and whether he will be the coach in 2025 so for this one season I think Zimmer was a good hire. Your thoughts?
It was the worst possible choice. It was asinine and a middle finger from Jerry after saying he was going all-in. Promoting one of our own assistants or poaching one from a good defensive team would have been the way to go.

Zimmer is guaranteed mediocrity.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
relax man.

Zimmer's coaching record is excellent.

And he's HC also.

If he was Nolan, I would worry.

that AA Gap defense is for real. Jim Johnson made it famous.
His coaching record is the very definition of mediocre. I guess you like not winning championships because a Zimmer Defense has never done that. Shouldn't going all-in require hiring a guy who has actually won something of note as a DC and/or HC?

Kumala808

Reaction score
kc did it with an older staff, just need the right players and not be satisfied with who we have

lwehlers

Reaction score
Anyone who remembers his first tenure.
i remember zimmer when he was here before. prevent defense and teams running the ball whenever they want. going to be a few games when the offense is going to have to score thirty or more to outscore our defense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was pushed and shoved out the door. There would have been rioting in the streets had he returned. All kinds of lawlessness. Cats chasing dogs. It would have been anarchy!
lol, I'm not sure about the pandemonium. Again, the problem was really that he wasn't the best coordinator for a 3-4 defense. I think that was the understanding between Zimmer & the team - that it just wasn't a good fit.

After he left Dallas and went back to coaching 4-3 he was successful enough he got offered a head coaching gig.

And, at the end of the day, the team no longer runs a 3-4, it runs a 4-3 that Zimmer has a proven track record with

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No he has not. Defense wins championships. Zimmer's never has.
So, you're saying the 49ers didn't have a good defense this year? Really?

This logic is weak because obviously the best defense doesn't win the championship every year, and every year there are very good defensive teams that don't end up winning the Super Bowl. In addition, sometimes there are champions that win shootouts in which the offense takes center stage. Besides, the saying "defense wins championships" doesn't mean all a team needs to win is defense, it just means that defense is a bigger factor.

Why do you think Zimmer got the chance to be a head coach? It was because of his success as a coordinator. Look at the defenses he had with Cincy. One of the top defenses in the NFL 4 out of his 6 years as the Bengals D-Coordinator.

Rayman70

Reaction score
happy is too optimistic of a word. I'd say not mildly amused. For me, I am a bit dismayed it wasn't Rex Ryan. Seems like we settled for Rex lite. Maybe I will be surprised.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If he uses Parsons like that it will be the beginning of the end of his career. Zimmer needs be much more creative than that else why hire him?
If I'm correct, Danielle Hunter, who was switched to OLB after Zimmer left, was a DE under Zimmer. He's a little heavier than Parsons but also slightly taller. Zimmer doesn't like to blitz, and I don't think he's going to put Parsons at a position where he's not going to be regularly going after the quarterback. However, he does like using "simulated pressure," which could see him keep Parsons at linebacker and bring him while dropping a lineman into coverage. That's supposed to fool teams on whose rushing, though, and I don't think any team is going to buy that Parsons isn't rushing the QB.

ReverendFelcher

Reaction score
This all seems temporary and weird. I think plans are in place to let Belichick take over the team next year.