Zoners: Do we have a little too much?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2093432 said:
Too much talent? No such thing. Were the 90's teams too talented? I didn't think so.

Dont get me wrong, I just mean in regards to having to put very talented players on our practice squad.....which makes them eligible to be picked up by the other teams.....they will be raping out talented practice squads.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
the kid 05;2093476 said:
let me ask you...is there ever too much sex?

Well, there was this time once on spring break... Ahem. Nevermind.

Incidently, did you know that human skin actually smokes before igniting? I didn't know that.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
YoMick;2093327 said:
Agreed.

But YOU and I dont know whats what with this team.... talking about "we won a playoff game with the bye"..... they dont seem all that upset that they lost to the Giants.... its almost like.... "well thats football"............... they should be pissed... ANGRY they lost.

How do you think the Giants beat us.... they WERE ANGRY that they lost the 2 regular season games.

Until further notice... this team is too finesse.

I couldn't agree with you more.

I've asked DCFanatic in a couple of threads he started whether he could quiz some of the players about this in detail, since he occasionally gets the opportunity to interview them. He never answered me, which is fine. I certainly respect his intuition and his own goals for the interviews.

Still, I would really like to try to get some honest, as opposed to PC cliches, opinions from the players as to why they struggle in December and January. What happens to them that they morph into an average team? We have our theories but we JUST DON'T KNOW.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
We have good talent, not to much just enought to win...However I'm more worried about the heart and passion of some of our players. We need more MArion Barber type players.

Leave the coach pets at home..We need warriors, bad mother-Fn Warriors.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
nathanlt;2093486 said:
I think Witten, Roy, Canty, Ellis, and some guy named Bigg Davis might disagree!

Bigg Davis does not know one thing about finesse!!!

Yes we have individuals that are tough but the team as a whole is not.. That goes for HC.

dooomsday

Reaction score
gbrittain;2093435 said:
Very true, but I think we can all agree that the Pats should not have been in a position to lose due to a lucky play.

Same with us on a Crayton drop....

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
That's like asking if John Holmes had a little too much ... oh, forget it.

dooomsday

Reaction score
bbgun;2093648 said:
That's like asking if John Holmes had a little too much ... oh, forget it.

Yeah, call me selfish but I still want some more talent at a couple positions.

dooomsday

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2093488 said:
Dont get me wrong, I just mean in regards to having to put very talented players on our practice squad.....which makes them eligible to be picked up by the other teams.....they will be raping out talented practice squads.

Well, if we are that good that quality players are being pushed to PS then that means the depth is kick *** and we dont need'em.

Of course they'd have to stay active with any team that snatches them up. I am not seeing too many of those on PS this year.

Bartel maybe be a guy we could lose if he doesnt make the 53, considering KC almost took him last year. Thats about it. Until we see the PS.

DBoys

Reaction score
All we have to do is keep drafting well and the player losses won't matter.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DBoys;2093679 said:
All we have to do is keep drafting well and the player losses won't matter.

Well we haven't let a good player walk yet, we've just been stock piling guys and Jerry seems reluctant to let any good guys go now that we're finally among the elite again.

dooomsday

Reaction score
TheCount;2093718 said:
Well we haven't let a good player walk yet, we've just been stock piling guys and Jerry seems reluctant to let any good guys go now that we're finally among the elite again.

No doubt dude. We have very little cap flexibility as a result tho. Our core vets (Flo, Ellis, Roy) are from the friggin Campo days! We never let anyone walk. Which is great if your a SB team. But even NE loses top players a every year to avoid being cap strapped.

Be nice to add some draft picks aside from PK who really excel and push starters. Last brilliant draft pick before this year was ware, 4 years ago!

Lets see how this group pans out.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
TheCount;2093428 said:
They are pretty good at pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's very inconsistent.

Did you actually watch the 2nd half of our playoff game against the Giants last year? It looked to me like Flozell was taking a lunch break while we were trying to beat a very tough team. He wasn't the only one at fault but Osi was continuously chasing Romo all over the field. But hey, we paid him millions of dollars to stay so he must be ok, right?:mad:

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
starfrombirth;2093961 said:
Did you actually watch the 2nd half of our playoff game against the Giants last year? It looked to me like Flozell was taking a lunch break while we were trying to beat a very tough team. He wasn't the only one at fault but Osi was continuously chasing Romo all over the field. But hey, we paid him millions of dollars to stay so he must be ok, right?:mad:

Very true - but ya gotta hand it to the Giants, they put a pass rush on us... and Tom Brady that was relentless - they stepped their game up BIG time.

Point well taken though, our OL played like dirt.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2093432 said:
Too much talent? No such thing. Were the 90's teams too talented? I didn't think so.

Yes.

Our back ups turned into good starters for other teams. Ron Stone comes to mind.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
AsthmaField;2093491 said:
Well, there was this time once on spring break... Ahem. Nevermind.

Incidently, did you know that human skin actually smokes before igniting? I didn't know that.

Sick man, sick!:)

burmafrd

Reaction score
If you drop a body from a tall enough building it will bounce.