Zoners: Do we have a little too much?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: Do we have a little too much TALENT on our roster?

I am worried folks like the PATS (cheats) will be looking at our practice squad all year long......we will get robbed and nothing we can do about it. :bang2:

We have so much talent that our coaches will not be able to hide them all.

Guess it is a good position to be in--right?

GO COWBOYS :starspin

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I think we could end up with too much white collar player/talent and lose in the playoffs because of NOT SO HUNGRY blue collar players.... ala the Pats last year

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
YoMick;2093318 said:
I think we could end up with too much white collar player/talent and lose in the playoffs because of NOT SO HUNGRY blue collar players.... ala the Pats last year
After the past two early playoff exits, there shouldn't be ONE player on this roster who thinks they will be handed the trophy because of their "talent". If I'm hungry as hell for a title as a fan, they DAMN sure better be STARVING for one as players!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BehindEnemyLinez;2093323 said:
After the past two early playoff exits, there shouldn't be ONE player on this roster who thinks they will be handed the trophy because of their "talent". If I'm hungry as hell for a title as a fan, they DAMN sure better be STARVING for one as players!

Agreed.

But YOU and I dont know whats what with this team.... talking about "we won a playoff game with the bye"..... they dont seem all that upset that they lost to the Giants.... its almost like.... "well thats football"............... they should be pissed... ANGRY they lost.

How do you think the Giants beat us.... they WERE ANGRY that they lost the 2 regular season games.

Until further notice... this team is too finesse.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I don't think you can ever have too much talent, I'd rather be asking that question right now than asking "do we have enough talent" so no worries here.

I don't think hunger will be an issue, we've lost early in the playoff's two years in a row...everybody has to be fired up.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Our OL better get off their *** and learn how to block.

jimmy40

Reaction score
YoMick;2093318 said:
The Pats got beat because of one of the luckiest plays ever.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DanTanna;2093378 said:
Our OL better get off their *** and learn how to block.

They are pretty good at pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's very inconsistent.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Too much talent? No such thing. Were the 90's teams too talented? I didn't think so.

gbrittain

Reaction score
jimmy40;2093389 said:
The Pats got beat because of one of the luckiest plays ever.

Very true, but I think we can all agree that the Pats should not have been in a position to lose due to a lucky play.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know - I've been thinking hard about this and I agree we have too much talent on this team............let's level the playing field a little.........might I suggest cutting Roy Williams? :D

Angus

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2093281 said:
Zoners: Do we have a little too much TALENT on our roster?

I am worried folks like the PATS (cheats) will be looking at our practice squad all year long......we will get robbed and nothing we can do about it. :bang2:

We have so much talent that our coaches will not be able to hide them all.

Guess it is a good position to be in--right?

GO COWBOYS :starspin

There is always IR.

:eek:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If our talent is that good, I won't care about a few guys getting plucked from the practice squad.

A team has to be pretty weak in an area to commit a spot on their 53 man roster to a guy who is only a practice squad player...it happens, but not that often with rookies because a team that really wanted that guy on their 53 man roster could have drafted him or offerred him a big contract for the roster.

I'm not worried about guys like Amendola and Polk, who will be practice squaders this year.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wayne motley;2093462 said:
If our talent is that good, I won't care about a few guys getting plucked from the practice squad.

...and, if our talent was that good...might be nice to win a playoff game this decade................ ;)

Let's not get ahead of ourselves I say.............

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2093327 said:
Agreed.

But YOU and I dont know whats what with this team.... talking about "we won a playoff game with the bye"..... they dont seem all that upset that they lost to the Giants.... its almost like.... "well thats football"............... they should be pissed... ANGRY they lost.

How do you think the Giants beat us.... they WERE ANGRY that they lost the 2 regular season games.

..there is a fine line b/w being talented and still underachieving and being less talented and over-acheiving.

I think that is where we find Dallas at this point in development.

When it comes to being hungry for success, first I think you have to achieve success before you can know what it is you are hungry for.

Which I think Dallas did last year.

The year before in 2006, they made it into the playoffs as an under-achieving team and then had the embarrassing loss to the Seahawks and to their credit, they came back in 2007 as hungry and over-achieved as far as I was concerned to get to 13-3.

But then the Jints just played better.

I also think the Jints had more experience in playoff games as a team, over the preceeding 3-4 years vs. this Dallas team.

That makes a difference when you first start playing in post-season.

The Jints before last year were in the playoffs several years in a row and lost early in their playoff runs, to the point that before last season started, McCoughlin was said to be about to be fired and Manning was being critized all over the newspapers as not being his older brother Peyton.

Then bingo, they they got on a roll late in the season and they understood as a team from their past mistakes what it would take to win and move on once in the playoffs. They also had quite a bit more leverage to win and not repeat what had happened to them in order to not have to hear again about what was wrong with them.

The play of the Jints last year was something that had built up over several seasons in NY and you have to give them credit for taking advantage of their opportunities both the players and their coaches.

I see Dallas taking the next step this year and doing something in the playoffs.

I'm not sure they can repeat 13-3 again, but making the playoffs seems doable and then we'll see. The learning curve is in place. There is some controversy after having now lost two years in a row in the playoffs.

All healthy stops along the way to getting better.

But the important thing that happened last year to me was that Dallas realized how good they COULD BE last year.

Willl that translate to this year and a better team..? I don't know because this team has had a history of being a 'tease' eversince BP took over.

The first year under him, they went 10-6 and made the playoffs and then lost but were expected to get better.

They didn't, they stepped backward from there until 2006 and Romo emerged at QB and TO arrived as a playmaker.

Now last year, after BP leaves, they again played well at 13-3, but who knows if they will step up.

But it is up to the players. The coaches and the fans can only do so much for them.

We'll see.

:starspin ReDBaLL ExPreSS :starspin

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
let me ask you...is there ever too much sex? Is there ever to much speed? Is there to much money? Is there ever to many Cowboys Super Bowl wins?

my thoughts exactly

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2093327 said:
Agreed.

Man, as bad as I hate to admit it--your are right! :starspin

Our team did not seem angry at all about that game. In contrast, I was so mad at them I threaten to never watch them again......like all the other times I was over it the next day back in love with them agaiN!

I hope our new talent can put a mean angry streak into this team........I understand T.O. crying, however, I would of been much better if T.O. would of been kicking someone's *** after that game!

Still hurt in the big city of Cibolo, TX.:bang2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;2093428 said:
They are pretty good at pass blocking, it's the run blocking that's very inconsistent.

You got that right count.....writers want to suggest that MBIII got worn down in that game due to his first NFL start........heck, his OL got tired and quit opening holes ......when I rewatch that game MBIII is running hard with NO PLACE to cut.:starspin

nathanlt

Reaction score
YoMick;2093327 said:

I think Witten, Roy, Canty, Ellis, and some guy named Bigg Davis might disagree!

Bigg Davis does not know one thing about finesse!!!