Zoners: Do we have a little too much?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dooomsday;2093645 said:
Same with us on a Crayton drop....

Let me get this out of the way first...

Crayton is human... he made a mistake. Ok it happened. I/We get over it right.

NOW... when you are an Elite team... your players make that play... we didnt. The course of this teams future may hinge on that VERY play.

Its happened before in the history of sports/nfl.... one play set off dynasties.... I dont need to list examples... YOU'ALL know.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yeah, the PLAY. Thanks for giving me a nice paper cut and then pouring lemon juice on it.

We now have the talent to win it all. Last year we were short. This year there should be no excuses. Spencer, Thomas, Adam Jones*, rookies, a healthy Henry, TG back*, Jenkins and Scandrick. It's all there.

dooomsday

Reaction score
YoMick;2094183 said:
Let me get this out of the way first...

Crayton is human... he made a mistake. Ok it happened. I/We get over it right.

NOW... when you are an Elite team... your players make that play... we didnt. The course of this teams future may hinge on that VERY play.

Its happened before in the history of sports/nfl.... one play set off dynasties.... I dont need to list examples... YOU'ALL know.

I know my man.

I was responding to the poster who said NE should have never been in a position to lose on a lucky play.

It shouldnt have come down to needing one single play or us either. We were equally more talented than the Gints as NE.

You are right. Couple plays could have set things in motion. Are we talking about needing WRs at this level if he isnt the scapegoat? Probably not with the same passion.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;2093389 said:
The Pats got beat because of one of the luckiest plays ever.

yep. And the 1st Giants SB win was from a missed chip shot kick. They have 2 SB wins from luck & bad luck from the Bills.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
jazzcat22;2094224 said:
yep. And the 1st Giants SB win was from a missed chip shot kick. They have 2 SB wins from luck & bad luck from the Bills.

Was "luck" pummeling Brady like he was a crash test dummy?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2093961 said:
Did you actually watch the 2nd half of our playoff game against the Giants last year? It looked to me like Flozell was taking a lunch break while we were trying to beat a very tough team. He wasn't the only one at fault but Osi was continuously chasing Romo all over the field. But hey, we paid him millions of dollars to stay so he must be ok, right?:mad:

It happens. I think our coaches are more to blame than any of the guys on our line. Adjustments should have been made.

We were in that game till the very last play, it's not like we got blown out.

I'm still sore about the loss too, but I understand it happens in football. I would almost rather our season ended the way it did than the way New England's did.

Brady had been standing like he was posing for a statue in the pocket all year, up until he met the Giants.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
jazzcat22;2094224 said:

No one can take away a Super Bowl from any team that wins it, but two of the Giant's three titles were won by teams that were far from dominating. If the Bills had played them 10 times when they met in 1991, the Bill would've won 7 or 8 of them. You can probably say the same thing for this past year's game. The Giants just got hot when they needed to. The same thing can be said for the Steelers three years ago. I don't think anyone believes they were the best team in the league, but they have the hardware and that's pretty much all that matters. We on the other hand have won our titles with extremely dominating teams. Here's to # 6.

sbark

Reaction score
Might i say the injury bug has not hit us too hard for several years.....not since haveing to play 2 marginal Tackles on the OL year

Too much talent could be thinned quickly via injury bug at 1 position

....knock on wood

dooomsday

Reaction score
sbark;2094718 said:
Might i say the injury bug has not hit us too hard for several years.....not since haveing to play 2 marginal Tackles on the OL year

Too much talent could be thinned quickly via injury bug at 1 position

....knock on wood

I think we were stung pretty hard in the secondary last year. One or the other CB was practically injured all season. Throw in TG, TOs ankle and Romo's thumb and we had our fair share.

Luckily the depth was suffice to cover for a while. But when you move a guy up then the depth is effected. One could argue the injuries and depth may have burned us in the end. We probably should have upgraded 3rd CB and 2nd WR if we could during last year for serious SB run.

2ndary has been addressed. Should be good there. Still a little top heavy at WR if TG cant go.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2094425 said:
Was "luck" pummeling Brady like he was a crash test dummy?

I'm not saying the Giants don't deserve the wins, because they do. Many other plays shape those games accordingly. It is just those are the 2 plays that stand out.
Manning still had to make the plays and the throws to get the TD after that catch. And he did.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
jimmy40;2093389 said:
The Pats got beat because of one of the luckiest plays ever.

Huh?!

You clearly weren't watching the game. They got beat because the Giants defense MANHANDLED the Patriots offense and held them to a whimpy 14 points!

BuckyG

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2093281 said:
Zoners: Do we have a little too much TALENT on our roster?

I gotta admit that when I first read this, I thought you were talking about the CowboysZone forums. Obviously, too much talent here.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I think our team has problems mentally and they can be too soft at times. I think they're mental midgets because they can't go a game without doing multiple stupid things. It's almost not a Cowboys' game until 2 or 3 Olineman pick up a false start, we give up a big special teams play, and somebody gets a personal foul. I think they're soft because a team that's not soft would never get bullied the way this team does sometimes. That Commanders game in week 17 should've told everyone what they needed to know about whether or not this was finesse team. Yeah, I know we played a lot of backups in that game, but if really if our depth is that bad we're probably not championship caliber anyway.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
BuckyG;2095196 said:
I gotta admit that when I first read this, I thought you were talking about the CowboysZone forums. Obviously, too much talent here.

:laugh1: Honestly, you bring up a very valid point.

The CowboyZone has tons of untapped talent.......writers, scouts, cap experts, coaches, fans, player wannabees etc.....you name it the Zoners have it available.

Best Dallas Cowboys site ever!

Silverstar

Reaction score
I'm not worried about talent on this team anymore. I think all the pieces are there to win another SB. The only thing that worries me now is Romo and just how far his play takes us. Let's face it, the only reason we're talking about winning #6 is because of him. Romo is the key to this team winning it all and if you don't believe me, just remember that Meredith and White also had tons of talent to work with too.