LOL...........

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
superpunk;1429875 said:
/superpunk hurries to start a poll

"Do we need loser thugs on the Cowboys - yes or no"/

/dbair gets a hernia/

actually I should clarify, I meant start a poll on which forum poster would start a thread about getting Pacthug Jones...seems we have at least one every day

"we dont need loser thugs" was just a statement

David

sago1

Reaction score
Totally against any effort by the Cowboys to bring Pacman to Dallas. I suspect many other teams will feel the same way should the Titans release him and if the Commissioner punishes him with significant suspension. If I remember right he's been involved in 10 incidents since he was drafted. I'm sure he's been warned often enough by the Titans (don't know if they've ever suspended him but certainly should have) yet he seems to continue to get in trouble. Some of you want TO gone just because of the distraction he supposedly brings to the team but which much of it caused by over media hype. Yet now you want to bring a thug to this team. No way will Jerry Jones do that.

Frankly if Pacman suspended for a year I think he will still get in trouble again during that year. From what I've been reading the NFLPA are totally on board with severe punishment to players who misbehave cause they are viewed by majority of other players as a distraction to the team and would offset/prevent the team from succeeding which would hurt each and every player and their livelihood.
Read where his attorney would be willing allow Pacman to either plead guilty or nola contendra depending on how NFL would view that action. This is the case where Pacman beat a police officer on his hand between thumb and next finger during some kind of fight, etc. DA refuses to drop the case and there apparently enough prove to charge Pacman with assaulting a police officer.

Frankly, I certainly wouldn't want CI'm totally been reported that last year he got in trouble with the police on 2 occasions & failed to inform the Titans of these incidents. The contract does not require that he be found guilty of anything to affect his contract.

Also I've read that both the NFLPA and the new Commissioner are working together & are very serious about taking significant action against players who bring embarrassment/extensive criminal behavior to the NFL, etc. My understanding of what I've read is that neither the Titans nor the NFL have to even wait for him to be found guilty of anything cause of his 2 violations of his contract (failure report 2 incidents with the police to the Titans). I don't know what the statement about reporting incidents to the Titans was specifically inserted into Pacman's contract or not. NFL & NFLPA are upset because over 60 players have been arrested since beginning of 2006 season.

If Pacman suspended for significant length of time, you better believe it will include loss of pay, etc. It's also very likely Titans will be able to seek return of monies paid to him, etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Billy Bullocks;1429840 said:
10 interviews with the police in a short period of time. The kid can't stay out of trouble. Forget it.
I'll play devil's advocate and say something positive in Pacman's defense...

He hasn't been shot as many times as Keith Davis..???

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
:cool:
DallasEast;1429913 said:
I'll play devil's advocate and say something positive in Pacman's defense...

He hasn't been shot as many times as Keith Davis..???

:lmao2:
:lmao2: :cool: LOL

Wow Zoners: I just read ALL of the replies to my question and it is a resounding NO, however, I try to be a optimistic person with the glass always half full.

Pacman, may just see the light.....most all of us have done some stupid things when we were YOUNG like PACMAN.

He is extremely talented and our Cowboys have wasted lot's of $$$$ on less players taking a chance on them.........

I just like looking for talented BARGAINS.......keep in mind.....I want him cheap

k19

Reaction score
me thinks someones been hanging out w/ Philo Bedsores :rolleyes:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
CC the thing about it is, you dont sign a guy and HOPE that he has learned his lesson, you just stay away. There's a reason we passed on Randy Moss. There's a reason we cut Ross, and Davis.

Spectre

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1429719 said:
:star: After he MATURES one year, should we sign him? :star:

Remember: he is one talented dude!
Are you a Social Worker or something?

This must be a joke.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;1429964 said:
I meant come, get your mind out of the gutter

PERVERT! :laugh2:
You set me up! I'm sending Keith Davis' nightclub/highway/church assassin to see you right now. He'll go by the name "The Hitcher". Expect to see him soon. :mad: :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;1429976 said:
You set me up! I'm sending Keith Davis' nightclub/highway/church assassin to see you right now. He'll go by the name "The Hitcher". Expect to see him soon. :mad: :)

HA! I outsmarted Keith, and bought myself a bullet-proof vest

MUWAHAHAHA!

onetrickpony

Reaction score
sacase;1429793 said:
Nothing is going to happen to him. He doesn't even have any Felony charges against him. The players union will prevent him from even getting a one game suspension. Hell others have had FELONY convictions and they have only had a 4 game suspension.

The NFL and the NFLPA might come to an agreement on some new rules but none will be retroactive. They will not apply to Pacman at anytime.

The problem is not his current issue in Las Vega. It's the 2 times he was arrested in the last year without notifying the team and the league. He is in violation of the personal conduct clause in his contract.

Whether he is charged with anything or not is not the issue. And the players union is just as concerned about the public perception of the league as a bunch of thugs as the NFL front office is. The vast majority of NFL players are good citizens whose reputation is being smeared but the few who insist on breaking the rules.

My guess is a 4 game suspension pending any action on the shooting in LV.

Angus

Reaction score
sacase;1429793 said:
Nothing is going to happen to him. He doesn't even have any Felony charges against him. The players union will prevent him from even getting a one game suspension. Hell others have had FELONY convictions and they have only had a 4 game suspension.

The NFL and the NFLPA might come to an agreement on some new rules but none will be retroactive. They will not apply to Pacman at anytime.

Jones is already in severe violation of the old rules. He was arrested a couple of times, I understand, that he did not report to the team or the NFL. That's enough, I expect, to get him cut out for a year.