Zoners: Question on our #1 pick

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: Felix Jones is awesome! Great 7 yds per carry in his career, however, I have not read ANYTHING about fumbling.....which I assume is good.

Question: for those of you who have watched his career.......does he protect/hold onto the football good?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
According to the reports I've read both Felix Jones and Tashard Choice do an excellent job of protecting the ball.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
NorthTexan95;2060737 said:
According to the reports I've read both Felix Jones and Tashard Choice do an excellent job of protecting the ball.

Thanks....that is great to know......for some reason I did not read that about Jones.....guess I was so caught up in his ability to catch and speed to burn:star:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
DallasEast;2060755 said:
I'm an LSU fan and I can't recall him putting the ball on the ground against us. Maybe some other SEC fans could comment on this question?

Anyhoo, ESPN says nada, zlitch, zero: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=170926

thanks

With you being an LSU fan, you can appreciate Felix Jones stats being so big against the toughest competition........great pick huh?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2060758 said:
thanks

With you being an LSU fan, you can appreciate Felix Jones stats being so big against the toughest competition........great pick huh?
IMO, one has to temper the enthusiasm of evaluating that stat somewhat by remembering that he split carries with McFadden, but he protected the ball pretty well. He is a very good pick based on Dallas' offensive philosophy. Great pick is still a question mark, but I believe he's going to be the better pick over Mendenhall for as long as Garrett is the OC here.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2060732 said:
Zoners: Felix Jones is awesome! Great 7 yds per carry in his career, however, I have not read ANYTHING about fumbling.....which I assume is good.

Question: for those of you who have watched his career.......does he protect/hold onto the football good?

he fumbles i dont kno if its a problem though.

His 7.7 YPC average doesn't impress me forget everything he done in college let see what he does in the League.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060766 said:
Oh? He does? How often? Against which teams?

Thoughts?

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2060766 said:

His 7.7 YPC average doesn't impress me forget everything he done in college let see what he does in the League.

Lets forget what all the players did in college. :banghead:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2060771 said:
Oh? He does? How often? Against which teams?

Thoughts?

I saw a clip of him fumbling during another players highlight reel during the draft if you really want me to look it up i can ill do that.

Bungarian;2060775 said:
Lets forget what all the players did in college. :banghead:

once a player is drafted what they did in college becomes meaningless they are now in the NFL lets see what they do here.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060785 said:
I saw a clip of him fumbling during another players highlight reel during the draft if you really want me to look it up i can ill do that.
Sure, knock yourself out.

tommyboy10

Reaction score
I loved the pick. Felix is a great runner with serious speed. His deepest impact will be seen in our return game.

He protects the ball well. DMC was the one in that backfield with fumbleitis! For those that keep saying he split time and dogging him, keep in mind that Houston Nutt NEVER THREW THE DAMN BALL! That's why Mustain transferred and Monk was a 7th round steal! Felix touched the ball plenty, and DMC got most of his yards in the second half of games after the defense was worn out. In fact, if you really go back and look, Felix was the one getting more carries earlier in games when defenses were fresh.

Having said that, he was more of an East/West guy, and will have to do a little better job between the tackles.

All in all though, great pick for this team!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2060755 said:
I'm an LSU fan and I can't recall him putting the ball on the ground against us. Maybe some other SEC fans could comment on this question?

Anyhoo, ESPN says nada, zlitch, zero: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/stats?playerId=170926
ESPN doesn't show fumbles for college players if you look at DMac it will show up zero fumbles also.

USC and Arkansas both came into the game with a number of question marks, as USC had lost stars Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart to the NFL, and Arkansas's star running back Darren McFadden was injured in an off-field incident. Although the game was close until the latter minutes of the second quarter, a combination USC's high-powered offense wearing out Arkansas's defense, and running back Felix Jones' three fumbles, stretched the margin in the second half to the final score.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Arkansas_Razorbacks_football_team

ESPN doesn't tell you anything its hard to find the fumble stats overrall however thats just one example i ll look for some more.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060806 said:
ESPN doesn't show fumbles for college players if you look at DMac it will show up zero fumbles also.

USC and Arkansas both came into the game with a number of question marks, as USC had lost stars Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart to the NFL, and Arkansas's star running back Darren McFadden was injured in an off-field incident. Although the game was close until the latter minutes of the second quarter, a combination USC's high-powered offense wearing out Arkansas's defense, and running back Felix Jones' three fumbles, stretched the margin in the second half to the final score.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Arkansas_Razorbacks_football_team

ESPN doesn't tell you anything its hard to find the fumble stats overrall however thats just one example i ll look for some more.
Good find. Keep looking.

Question: Do you feel that Jones' performance against U-S-C is indicative of his 'fumbling problem'? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/indicative

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tommyboy10;2060801 said:
I loved the pick. Felix is a great runner with serious speed. His deepest impact will be seen in our return game.

He protects the ball well. DMC was the one in that backfield with fumbleitis! For those that keep saying he split time and dogging him, keep in mind that Houston Nutt NEVER THREW THE DAMN BALL! That's why Mustain transferred and Monk was a 7th round steal! Felix touched the ball plenty, and DMC got most of his yards in the second half of games after the defense was worn out. In fact, if you really go back and look, Felix was the one getting more carries earlier in games when defenses were fresh.

Having said that, he was more of an East/West guy, and will have to do a little better job between the tackles.

All in all though, great pick for this team!
ssssshhh!

Arkansas was a good passing team while McFadden and Jones were there. hush!

tommyboy10

Reaction score
And one more thing....you've got to love a guy that was as good as he was, produced as much as he did, and never once griped about being second fiddle. We need more of those!