Zoners: Question on our #1 pick

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tommyboy10;2060801 said:
I loved the pick. Felix is a great runner with serious speed. His deepest impact will be seen in our return game.

He protects the ball well. DMC was the one in that backfield with fumbleitis! For those that keep saying he split time and dogging him, keep in mind that Houston Nutt NEVER THREW THE DAMN BALL! That's why Mustain transferred and Monk was a 7th round steal! Felix touched the ball plenty, and DMC got most of his yards in the second half of games after the defense was worn out. In fact, if you really go back and look, Felix was the one getting more carries earlier in games when defenses were fresh.

Having said that, he was more of an East/West guy, and will have to do a little better job between the tackles.

All in all though, great pick for this team!

A lil better if you describe him as an east/west guy he will have to do a lot better.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060824 said:
no i didn't say he had a fumbling problem all i ssaid was that he fumbles and i wasn't sure if it was a problem
And just what the hell does that mean??? ALL RUNNING BACKS FUMBLE THE BALL AT SOME POINT DURING THEIR COLLEGE CAREER! Unless you can produce significant footage of him fumbling, it's not indicative of a problem. Why mention it in the first place if you're not certain that it's a problem?
DaBoys4Life;2060824 said:
you on the other hand believe he never let the ball hit the ground.
hmmm...

"I'm an LSU fan and I can't recall him putting the ball on the ground against us. Maybe some other SEC fans could comment on this question?

Anyhoo, ESPN says nada, zlitch, zero:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=170926"

Did I or did I not ask other SEC fans whether they can remember Jones fumbling the ball? If I knew the answer, why would I ask?

Forget it.

I posted ESPN's link to show what I found. If it's inaccurate, fine, but could someone PLEASE show evidence of a fumbling problem because "I've seen him fumbling on a clip and read that he had a bad game and that means he has fumbilitis".

gd. I'm going to work.

tommyboy10

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2060831 said:
A lil better if you describe him as an east/west guy he will have to do a lot better.

Not at all...He can run well between the tackles, he just went East/West alot because his speed allowed him around the edges....especially out of the Wildcat formation....he has he tools....he will be fine, and the prefect complement out of this draft to pair with MB3.

Our team got stronger through this draft....no doubts

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
And just what the hell does that mean??? ALL RUNNING BACKS FUMBLE THE BALL AT SOME POINT DURING THEIR COLLEGE CAREER! Unless you can produce significant footage of him fumbling, it's not indicative of a problem. Why mention it in the first place if you're not certain that it's a problem?hmmm...

You ask me if i was unsure about an answer and then go on to say that im unsure is a problem however when you do it .....

"I'm an LSU fan and I can't recall him putting the ball on the ground against us. Maybe some other SEC fans could comment on this question?

Anyhoo, ESPN says nada, zlitch, zero:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=170926"

Did I or did I not ask other SEC fans whether they can remember Jones fumbling the ball? If I knew the answer, why would I ask?

Forget it.

I posted ESPN's link to show what I found. If it's inaccurate, fine, but could someone PLEASE show evidence of a fumbling problem because "I've seen him fumbling on a clip and read that he had a bad game and that means he has fumbilitis".

gd. I'm going to work.

Then you try to support your case of Jones not fumbling by throwing out some BSPN stats. Now you want me to provide you with video footage/ evidence that he has a fumbling problem when that was never stated by me. Lets just go over this again so you can understand

me : Jones fumbles i don't know if its a problem though
you: he fumbles when where against who
me: i can only find this info fumble stats are hard to find in college
you; I am big bad LSU fan he don't fumble against us any one from SEC recall him fumbling here's my source ESPN.
me: BSPN is wrong they clearly don't keep fumble stts
you: oh you proved me wrong yet again however your original point was a meaningless post therefore i will disregard it even though my post about jones not fumbling that i wasn't to sure of is okay. throws temper tantrum goes to work and you need video footage / evidence to convie me he has a fumbling problem
me: i didn't say he had that problem where are you getting this from.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said Felix has a "thick bottom" like Emmitt. If that's the case, he'll be fine running inside. But I'm surprised that comment didn't get as much attention as Jones saying Aikman looks good in the shower. :laugh2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
tommyboy10;2060864 said:
Not at all...He can run well between the tackles, he just went East/West alot because his speed allowed him around the edges....especially out of the Wildcat formation....he has he tools....he will be fine, and the prefect complement out of this draft to pair with MB3.

Our team got stronger through this draft....no doubts

So his speed + the gimmick offense helped him a lot. HE has all the tools i don't think so he lacks in the size department weight and his time speed isn't a fast as expected. Doesn't have the strength there's to many question marks how good is he at catching the ball out off the backfield? How good is he w/o the gimmick offense? How good is he w/o Dmac lined up at QB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2060732 said:
Zoners: Felix Jones is awesome! Great 7 yds per carry in his career, however, I have not read ANYTHING about fumbling.....which I assume is good.

Question: for those of you who have watched his career.......does he protect/hold onto the football good?

I read that he did not lose a fumble last year, but I have not researched it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Good lord...can any topic ever not resort to people getting their panties in a bunch?

Geez.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060873 said:
You ask me if i was unsure about an answer and then go on to say that im unsure is a problem however when you do it .....
sigh

You should have your researched before you typed anything. Instead, you decided to type, "he fumbles i dont kno if its a problem though."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Does Felix Jones have a fumbling problem or not? And if he does, why not find out first if he does have a fumbling problem instead of offering some nonsense like, "he fumbles i dont kno if its a problem though."

good gravy

Then you try to support your case of Jones not fumbling by throwing out some BSPN stats. Now you want me to provide you with video footage/ evidence that he has a fumbling problem when that was never stated by me.
You asked me, "I saw a clip of him fumbling during another players highlight reel during the draft if you really want me to look it up i can ill do that."

I replied, "Sure, knock yourself out."

At that point, it was up to you whether or not you wanted to present "video evidence". I didn't ask you. You asked me. I couldn't give a flip since I (obviously) have seen a lot more of Jones than you. BUUUUUT, if you want to dig up some more "evidence", knock... yourself... out...

*shakes head*

Lets just go over this again so you can understand

me : Jones fumbles i don't know if its a problem though
you: he fumbles when where against who
me: i can only find this info fumble stats are hard to find in college
you; I am big bad LSU fan he don't fumble against us any one from SEC recall him fumbling here's my source ESPN.
me: BSPN is wrong they clearly don't keep fumble stts
you: oh you proved me wrong yet again however your original point was a meaningless post therefore i will disregard it even though my post about jones not fumbling that i wasn't to sure of is okay. throws temper tantrum goes to work and you need video footage / evidence to convie me he has a fumbling problem
me: i didn't say he had that problem where are you getting this from.
"Big bad LSU fan". :rolleyes:

You know what? You win. Felix Jones is a fumbling machine because you've seen some 'clip' and Wikipedia notes one game in his college career where he fumbles. The next time you reply to a thread question with a paradox type answer, I'll refrain from posing any questions for you to explain it.

tommyboy10

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2060884 said:
So his speed + the gimmick offense helped him a lot. HE has all the tools i don't think so he lacks in the size department weight and his time speed isn't a fast as expected. Doesn't have the strength there's to many question marks how good is he at catching the ball out off the backfield? How good is he w/o the gimmick offense? How good is he w/o Dmac lined up at QB.

I haven't got to the third page of the thread yet, so if this has been addressed, forgive me.

He isn't just a product of no tools and a gimmick offense. He proved himself for the last three years....over and over in fact. Remember, he is a rookie. He will be a great upgrade over Julius Jones, and he brings instant credibility to our return game. We won with this pick.

His size or strength have never been an issue. Times at a combine don't make or break someone.

Remember.....this goes for both he and DMac....everyone knew what the Razorbacks were going to do. Run the freakin ball. Yet they still were both over 1,000 yards. He has proven himself already. Now we just have to sit and wait and watch!

tommyboy10

Reaction score
DallasEast;2061751 said:
sigh

You should have your researched before you typed anything. Instead, you decided to type, "he fumbles i dont kno if its a problem though."

Does Felix Jones have a fumbling problem or not? And if he does, why not find out first if he does have a fumbling problem instead of offering some nonsense like, "he fumbles i dont kno if its a problem though."

good gravy

You asked me, "I saw a clip of him fumbling during another players highlight reel during the draft if you really want me to look it up i can ill do that."

At that point, it was up to you whether or not you wanted to present "video evidence". I didn't ask you. You asked me. I couldn't give a flip since I (obviously) have seen a lot more of Jones than you. BUUUUUT, if you want to dig up some more "evidence", knock... yourself... out...

*shakes head*

You know what? You win. Felix Jones is a fumbling machine because you've seen some 'clip' and Wikipedia notes one game in his college career where he fumbles. The next time you reply to a thread question with a paradox type answer, I'll refrain from posing any questions for you to explain it.

Sounds like we need a group hug here today! LOL

I'm with you East.....but I think we could be here doing this all day!

lol

CPonder14

Reaction score
He had fumble problems his first 2 years but I think he only had 1 fumble this year.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
sigh

I don't know if he has a fumbling problem or not however he does fumble you on the other hand goes off the deep end and say OMG Felix Jones blah blah blah blah. You claim my post is no sense however you posted "he didn't fumble against LSU and i don't remember i need help" then you proceed to post a link from BSPN and say zlitch zada nope he don't fumble as if that brought credence to your statement. I think you need to rethink some stuff. If you can't take the fact he fumbles and I can't answer whether its a problem or not with him and you don't understand the fact then i don't know what to tell you.

good gravy

*shakes head*

I meant it as looking up fumble stats i wasn't going to look up a video clip of one fumble of him becuase that wouldn't prove anything and you would have just said thats only one game.

Your cocky and arrogant and felt that becuase your an LSU fan ZOMG im a Felix expert. I don't understand he fumbles i don't know if its a problem. How do you get from that the inability to understand it and then the assumption of me claiming that he has a fumbling problem.

tommyboy10;2061932 said:
I haven't got to the third page of the thread yet, so if this has been addressed, forgive me.

He isn't just a product of no tools and a gimmick offense. He proved himself for the last three years....over and over in fact. Remember, he is a rookie. He will be a great upgrade over Julius Jones, and he brings instant credibility to our return game. We won with this pick.

His size or strength have never been an issue. Times at a combine don't make or break someone.

Remember.....this goes for both he and DMac....everyone knew what the Razorbacks were going to do. Run the freakin ball. Yet they still were both over 1,000 yards. He has proven himself already. Now we just have to sit and wait and watch!

I don't think he has proven himself if he would have stayed his senior season and repeated what he did his JR year. Times at combine do make a break people Andrius Bowman, Mike Hart all had poor 40 times and saw the stock bottom out. Ray Rice Antoine Cason Aqib Talib put away their doubts with their 40 time solidified their draft spots. Calasis Campbell terrible 40 time dropped him but you get what im saying.

If your a defensive coodinator and the team has an All American heishman canidate in the back field who do you focus on him or his back up ?

tommyboy10

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2062152 said:
sigh

I don't know if he has a fumbling problem or not however he does fumble you on the other hand goes off the deep end and say OMG Felix Jones blah blah blah blah. You claim my post is no sense however you posted "he didn't fumble against LSU and i don't remember i need help" then you proceed to post a link from BSPN and say zlitch zada nope he don't fumble as if that brought credence to your statement. I think you need to rethink some stuff. If you can't take the fact he fumbles and I can't answer whether its a problem or not with him and you don't understand the fact then i don't know what to tell you.

good gravy

*shakes head*

I meant it as looking up fumble stats i wasn't going to look up a video clip of one fumble of him becuase that wouldn't prove anything and you would have just said thats only one game.

Your cocky and arrogant and felt that becuase your an LSU fan ZOMG im a Felix expert. I don't understand he fumbles i don't know if its a problem. How do you get from that the inability to understand it and then the assumption of me claiming that he has a fumbling problem.

I don't think he has proven himself if he would have stayed his senior season and repeated what he did his JR year. Times at combine do make a break people Andrius Bowman, Mike Hart all had poor 40 times and saw the stock bottom out. Ray Rice Antoine Cason Aqib Talib put away their doubts with their 40 time solidified their draft spots. Calasis Campbell terrible 40 time dropped him but you get what im saying.

If your a defensive coodinator and the team has an All American heishman canidate in the back field who do you focus on him or his back up ?

I don't think you get it. I'm not saying you're not right...not at all...and everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinions...that's what makes this fun.

However, you do realize that good ole Dmac wasn't always on the field, right? I get what you're saying about 40 times...that's fair...my reference wasn't more than saying that numbers on paper aren't the end-all-be-all. Guys have bad days. That's where HE HAS proven himself on the field. I don't blame him for leaving. I think he'd have helped himself as a top 10 - 15 pick potentially if he had stayed his senior year under Petrino. He has a habit of making a feature back look even better, and catching alot of balls out of the backfield in his system as a check-off helps guys get ready for their role at the next level. Id've loved as a Razorback fan to see him back. All that said, again, he absolutely proved himself. How many other guys do you know from a second back position that did what he did behind a Heisman runner-up two years in a row?

Seriously? Didn't prove himself? You've got to be freakin kidding me.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2060884 said:
He catches the ball very well. It's considered one of his strengths.

How good will Dmac be without F Jones on the field with him? Anybody ever thought about that? It's possible that Jones' playmaking ability helped Dmac a little bit too, you know.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
I remember him and McFadden both fumbling in one game this last season, can't remember which. And I think Felix fumbled on a kickoff return once. So maybe twice this season...in general I'd say he does a good job of protecting the ball. McFadden fumbled more even though he wasn't careless with the ball. Probably just the nature of SEC football.