Zoners: ROMO are you kidding me?

Batman

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2484479 said:
Zoners:

Repeat after me!

ROMO is not our problem:banghead:

Have we forgotten the before ROMO QB's and the heartache watching our team play? :lmao2: What a joke those QB's who followed Mr. Aikman turn out to be.....

The Joking is over now!

Yes, ROMO, admittedly so had a bad game against the steelers.....it was horrible conditions.....broken pinkie in that weather had to effect his throws....common sense suggest it. :banghead:

ROMO is the reason we at least have a chance to win!

SUPPORT ROMO ZONERS!;)

Excuses, excuses. Tony Romo was the Steelers most valuable player. When it comes to big games like this, I am tired of the excuses. He needs to figure out how to win an important game. He either needs to take a **** or get off the pot.

PullMyFinger

Old Fashioned
Reaction score
Until he proves to me that hes not a choke artist in Dec and in the playoffs, and throws 3 INTs and fumbles at least once a game, Im not even going to call him by his name anymore. To me he's "The Quarterback"

Doesnt "The Quarterback" know how to improvise, how to check down, call an audible?

THROW IT TO WITTEN, yep thats the answer, he's the only weapon we have.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Batman;2484965 said:
Excuses, excuses. Tony Romo was the Steelers most valuable player. When it comes to big games like this, I am tired of the excuses. He needs to figure out how to win an important game. He either needs to take a **** or get off the pot.

I seem to remember other QB's that were blasted for NOT WINNING THE BIG GAME:rolleyes:, the team's stood by them and they turned out all right.

Lets see a guy named Manning comes to mind, and a fellow named Elway ,yea that's them .
They were criticized that they couldn't win the big one and guess what , Oh hell you know.;)
Romo's not in their category yet, buy after only playing two years I believe he has time to catch up.

And as far as Crazy goes ,He aint so Crazy.:bow:

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Brian_C82;2484631 said:
So you're saying that Romo isn't the problem because he's a better QB than scrubs like Ryan Leaf and Quincy Carter? Nice leap of logic there.

I think it's interesting that the pinky didn't affect him against San Francisco and Seattle. It's also interesting that Roethlisberger threw a touchdown and no interceptions in the same weather conditions.

But don't let the facts get in the way of being a mindless fanboy. :rolleyes:
Bingo!right on the money. the excuses for Romo are just unreal.

The Panch

Reaction score
sandtrapp;2485148 said:
I seem to remember other QB's that were blasted for NOT WINNING THE BIG GAME:rolleyes:, the team's stood by them and they turned out all right.

Lets see a guy named Manning comes to mind, and a fellow named Elway ,yea that's them .
They were criticized that they couldn't win the big one and guess what , Oh hell you know.;)
Romo's not in their category yet, buy after only playing two years I believe he has time to catch up.

And as far as Crazy goes ,He aint so Crazy.:bow:
1. It took Manning a decade and 4 years with championship caliber teams before he got it together. This is the Dallas Cowboys and not the owner, the fans or the lame media are patient with this franchise. And last time I checked, Manning won because he grew up. He stopped trying to win the game by himself and relied on a running game and started doing a better job of taking what the defense gave him. Something Romo doesnt seem to have learned yet.

2. Elway got to the SB multiple times before he got TD, but he just lost to the NFC teams that were simply superior in every way. That's just how it was up until Favre choked it all away.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
if you gave me a choice of any QB, i wouldnt want anyone else. I would pick the man who scrambles for that extra time when his o-line is doing bad, the one who turns a would be sack into a TD, the man who threw 5 int (if im not mistaken) in one game and still had the cajones to lead his team to victory, the man who never points the finger at any of his team mates, the man who's as competitive as they come, and the only person id trust on a 3rd and 20. Yes he has his faults, but theres no other QB id rather have defending the star. So giants, ravens, and eagles, get ready for the rising star....

Batman

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2485916 said:
if you gave me a choice of any QB, i wouldnt want anyone else. I would pick the man who scrambles for that extra time when his o-line is doing bad, the one who turns a would be sack into a TD, the man who threw 5 int (if im not mistaken) in one game and still had the cajones to lead his team to victory, the man who never points the finger at any of his team mates, the man who's as competitive as they come, and the only person id trust on a 3rd and 20. Yes he has his faults, but theres no other QB id rather have defending the star. So giants, ravens, and eagles, get ready for the rising star....

You would not take anyone else over Romo? I respect your loyalty, but let's be real. If I could have a healthy Tom Brady or Tony Romo, I would take Brady over Romo in a fraction of a second and have no regrets. Romo is not even remotely close to being in the same league as Brady.

I would also take Peyton Manning or Eli Manning over Romo. Both have figured out how to win the big games and with the WRs and TEs we have, they would have a much easier time winning another Super Bowl than they did with the teams they are on.

I would take Ben Roethlisberger over Romo as well. It was not Ben who choked in that Steeler game last Sunday. It was not Ben who turned the ball over 4 times. It was not Ben who threw just as many TD passes to the other team as he did his own team. I would take Ben over Romo any day. And again, he knows how to win a big game.

I would take Kurt Warner over Romo, he has won big games and just knows how to get the job done.

QBs like Cutler, Flaco, Quinn all have better upside than Romo and are younger. Even that 49er QB, Hill is playing better than Romo and he has nothing in talent compared to what we have.

Romo is overrated, there are several QBs that could do better with this team than what Romo has.

The Panch

Reaction score
Batman;2485947 said:
You would not take anyone else over Romo? I respect your loyalty, but let's be real. If I could have a healthy Tom Brady or Tony Romo, I would take Brady over Romo in a fraction of a second and have no regrets. Romo is not even remotely close to being in the same league as Brady.

I would also take Peyton Manning or Eli Manning over Romo. Both have figured out how to win the big games and with the WRs and TEs we have, they would have a much easier time winning another Super Bowl than they did with the teams they are on.

I would take Ben Roethlisberger over Romo as well. It was not Ben who choked in that Steeler game last Sunday. It was not Ben who turned the ball over 4 times. It was not Ben who threw just as many TD passes to the other team as he did his own team. I would take Ben over Romo any day. And again, he knows how to win a big game.

I would take Kurt Warner over Romo, he has won big games and just knows how to get the job done.

QBs like Cutler, Flaco, Quinn all have better upside than Romo and are younger. Even that 49er QB, Hill is playing better than Romo and he has nothing in talent compared to what we have.

Romo is overrated, there are several QBs that could do better with this team than what Romo has.
Im taking it this post was sarcasistic cause you included Eli, Roethlisberger, Quinn, Flacco and Hill.

Id take Peyton and Brady, even at their age, over Romo in a heart beat. Not sure who else. I like Brees and Cutler, but im not convinced they can do more than Romo can outside of the deep ball. Warner's probably gonna retire in a year or two, so no.

Batman

Reaction score
The Panch;2485949 said:
Im taking it this post was sarcasistic cause you included Eli, Roethlisberger, Quinn, Flacco and Hill.

Id take Peyton and Brady, even at their age, over Romo in a heart beat. Not sure who else. I like Brees and Cutler, but im not convinced they can do more than Romo can outside of the deep ball. Warner's probably gonna retire in a year or two, so no.

I would easily take Roethlisberger over Romo. He is in a run first offense, yet he threw 32 TD passes last year. Outside of Ward I can not name any of their WRs, and Ward is not even close to being the impact WR T.O. is. Oh, and Roethlisberger has done this thing Romo can't do, that is win big games, play off games and Ben does have a Super Bowl ring. The Steeler-Cowboy game was a big game. Ben wins yet another big game, and no surprise, Romo chokes.

elcocinero

Reaction score
PullMyFinger;2485139 said:
Until he proves to me that hes not a choke artist in Dec and in the playoffs, and throws 3 INTs and fumbles at least once a game, Im not even going to call him by his name anymore. To me he's "The Quarterback"

Doesnt "The Quarterback" know how to improvise, how to check down, call an audible?

THROW IT TO WITTEN, yep thats the answer, he's the only weapon we have.

Labeling him as a December choke artist is quite a stretch. He has had 2 playoff games. One as a first year player taking over for Bledsoe and one where he played good enough to win the game. Too bad he had to depend on a chump like Patrick Crayton that quit on routes and dropped balls.

2006 vs Seattle - 17/29, 189 yards and 1 TD. No Interceptions, no lost fumbles. Led game tying drive, but had the botched extra point

2007 vs New York Giants - 18/36, 201 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT and 0 Lost Fumbles.

The Panch

Reaction score
Batman;2485960 said:
I would easily take Roethlisberger over Romo. He is in a run first offense, yet he threw 32 TD passes last year. Outside of Ward I can not name any of their WRs, and Ward is not even close to being the impact WR T.O. is. Oh, and Roethlisberger has done this thing Romo can't do, that is win big games, play off games and Ben does have a Super Bowl ring. The Steeler-Cowboy game was a big game. Ben wins yet another big game, and no surprise, Romo chokes.
Roethlisberger damn near choked away the SB. He had the worst passer rating of any SB winner in history. Their defense, Hines Ward, and the zebras beat the Seahawks. Ben just rode the bus.

Not to mention, he put his team in a major hole in last year's playoffs by throwing 3 first half picks against the Jags despite having open receivers on the field.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2484479 said:
Zoners:

Repeat after me!

ROMO is not our problem:banghead:

Have we forgotten the before ROMO QB's and the heartache watching our team play? :lmao2: What a joke those QB's who followed Mr. Aikman turn out to be.....

The Joking is over now!

Yes, ROMO, admittedly so had a bad game against the steelers.....it was horrible conditions.....broken pinkie in that weather had to effect his throws....common sense suggest it. :banghead:

ROMO is the reason we at least have a chance to win!

SUPPORT ROMO ZONERS!;)
Don't get me wrong, I love Tony Romo, but I think Owens gets unfairly bashed by some for things that Romo has more control over than he does, in particular and specifically bad passes and poor decisions.

Ultimately what sucked about Sunday was that it wasn't Buffalo again. He didn't make up for the mistakes with a shot to set up the win this time... Dallas had them beat and turned around and beat themselves. For me anyway, that's what sucked so bad about that game.

Batman

Reaction score
The Panch;2485975 said:
Roethlisberger damn near choked away the SB. He had the worst passer rating of any SB winner in history. Their defense, Hines Ward, and the zebras beat the Seahawks. Ben just rode the bus.

Not to mention, he put his team in a major hole in last year's playoffs by throwing 3 first half picks against the Jags despite having open receivers on the field.

I could really care less about how the Steelers won the Super Bowl against the Seahawks, they won it and that is all that matters. Ben was a big part of getting them there. The Jags game, I did not see it, but hey at least Ben has done something Romo has never done and may never do,that is win a playoff game.

If we could play against the Steelers, but we have Ben as QB and they have Romo, the big difference would be that Romo just would have thrown 3 ints maybe more as a Steeler as where Ben would have done just enough for us to win. Give Ben the WRs and TEs we have here and he would do better than Romo.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Batman;2485960 said:

Did Ben score that last touchdown, NO.. Did he throw the last pass NO.. Just be ready to eat crow once Romo reaches his potential.. And i wouldnt rank TO as an impact wide reciever anymore.. the guy gives up on routes, he gets a breathe of air and gives up. Not the same guy that seemed to be around last year..Eli manning, brady, and payton manning would get clobbered when this o-line isnt healthy (most of the time). Romo makes something out of nothing. Yeah he's not the best, but he's the right guy for this team.

Batman

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2485997 said:
Did Ben score that last touchdown, NO .

Ben didn't have to throw the last TD pass in that game. Tony Romo did it for him.

If you really think Brady would get clobbered behind our OL, then you must not have seen many Pats games. Brady takes pressure off his OL because of how fast he can read a defense and get the ball to open WRs. If Brady was behind our OL, he would take a lot of pressure off of them and hardly ever get sacked.

Batman

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2486007 said:
and that makes ben better because???

You are missing the point. Under pressure, Ben drove his team down the field to tie the game. Under pressure, Romo choked and threw a TD pass to a Steeler defender. Ben did not give away the game like Romo did. Romo is a choker.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
ya..on his own turf..with his offense in sinc..with a whole stadium rooting for him..and with soft defensive play calling...some pressure...:banghead:

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
tony turnover will not be stopped! he is good for at least 3 ints fumbles or a little bit of both a game. sad but true. i lost faith in him but he is my quarterback no matter what

Batman

Reaction score
DALLAS D;2486020 said:
ya..on his own turf..with his offense in sinc..with a whole stadium rooting for him..and with soft defensive play calling...some pressure...:banghead:

Oh well there you go then, then by this standard you should never expect the Cowboys to ever win a road game. What a weak attempt for yet another excuse for Tony "Can Do No Wrong" Romo.