Zoners: Spencer... what was he thinking?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
"You can't mail days in in this league," Spencer said Thursday. "And I definitely found I was doing that last year."

Why would Spencer admit to mailing it in last year?

Last year of his contract and he admits something like this?

I am sure Garrett is not happy.

It did not help his new contract negotiations with Stephen Jones.

Is he Stupid?

What was he thinking?:rolleyes:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I bet his respect among teammates just went through the roof. ...or not.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4095603 said:

I think many are in the same boat for what took place last year. More concerned with guys taking that personal responsibility of their play and doing something to correct it. I think a lot of guys need to go out and earn respect from teammates who did give their all and to the fans.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4095603 said:

Another great point I forgot to mention.

Also, looks like Ware who always hustles would of noticed and jumped down his throat! I wish we had a Ray Lewis type on D to get onto the SLACKERS!

Oh, forgot.......we have it now.....ROB RYAN!

Daillest88

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;4095620 said:
The decision of whether or not to re-sign him just got even messier

Well maybe he had a huge wake up call? people can change.. or not..hopefully he realizes that what he has is very rare. HOPEFULLY he goes back to 09 form.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Daillest88;4095623 said:
Well maybe he had a huge wake up call? people can change.. or not..hopefully he realizes that what he has is very rare. HOPEFULLY he goes back to 09 form.

Theres a reason Sensabaugh keeps getting 1 year deals. Some guys just dont have that Ware mentality and are either lazy, dumb, or football doesnt mean a lot to them.

I dont want to have to fill OLB but Spencer is making the case to NOT give him guaranteed money.

Huge year for Victor Butler. If he looks good think Id rather let him start and use assets to get more talent in the trenches.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
whole defense mailed it, he admits his part in what was obvious and he is an idiot?

:umm:

basstapp

Reaction score
rather have a guy tell the truth then 52 other people lie. lol

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Galian Beast;4095637 said:
whole defense mailed it, he admits his part in what was obvious and he is an idiot?

:umm:

Umm. Yeah. The term idiot sums him up pretty good.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
basstapp;4095642 said:
rather have a guy tell the truth then 52 other people lie. lol

How about just shut the hell up and do your job?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I want to know if he was still mailing it in after Garrett took over. People need to feel confident in the people that are leading them. So I can partially understand why players started mailing it in once things got out of hand under Wade. Still I would expect and demand better.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I think it just goes to show he has more respect now than he did for Wade. He knew he could mail it in under Wade, but knows now he can't do that under Garrett and Ryan.

I don't have a problem with him saying this, I just expect alot more from him now. I doubt he was the only player mailing it in last year under Wade, I saw alot of players not playing up to the 100% they could.

Gadfly22

Reaction score
A guy honestly admits a flaw and then commits to correcting it -- and some people criticize him for this.

Is Spencer "stupid"? I don't know about him, but I sure know who I think is stupid around here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gadfly22;4095682 said:
A guy honestly admits a flaw and then commits to correcting it -- and some people criticize him for this.

Is Spencer "stupid"? I don't know about him, but I sure know who I think is stupid around here.

I'm sure Garrett and Ryan will judge these players by their play and their work ethic not by what took place last year.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe he didn't realize at the time that he was "mailing it in". It could be that now, with Garrett setting the expectations, he realizes what is really required.

Looking back, it is hard to believe that anyone would keep Wade around as Head Coach. He is a nice guy and a decent DC, but he was "turrible" as a HC.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
LOL. A player admits to quitting on the field at the mid-way point of the season and somehow thats a positive.

Prediction: People will be glad we got rid of "that lazy bum Spencer" 8 months from now. And will note how the locker room is getting cleaned up

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4095612 said:
I think many are in the same boat for what took place last year. More concerned with guys taking that personal responsibility of their play and doing something to correct it. I think a lot of guys need to go out and earn respect from teammates who did give their all and to the fans.
*Cough* Jenkins

JPM

Reaction score
wade-phillips-confused.jpg

Who would mail it in for this guy ?