Zoners: Trade or not to trade... that's the question?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson, RB Minn is absoulutely a Stud and tearing the NFL up.

DMac is supposed to be better--are you kidding me? :)

If DMac is BETTER then AD then WHY would we not trade with Miami for his right?

AD in hindsight is worth our entire 07 draft class. :cool:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
First, AP is NOT worth our entire 2007 draft class. He's a great RB, but a great RB clearly couldn't carry his entire team to the playoffs. You can't give up 7-9 draft selections for one player.

Second, I haven't heard or read anywhere that anyone projects DMac to be better than AP...I think it's actually the opposite in that no one has him rated as highly as AP was...a little lower.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
wayne motley;1950917 said:
First, AP is NOT worth our entire 2007 draft class. He's a great RB, but a great RB clearly couldn't carry his entire team to the playoffs. You can't give up 7-9 draft selections for one player.

Second, I haven't heard or read anywhere that anyone projects DMac to be better than AP...I think it's actually the opposite in that no one has him rated as highly as AP was...a little lower.

I disagree he did carry that team it just so happened that Travis JAckson is the worst QB every to step foot in the NFl and shouldn't be a QB in the NFL they Vikings need to go QB in the 1st round

Nick Folk was huge for us and so was Spencer give the others time to devlop and given a shot to start and lets see if AP hits a sophmore slump

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
wayne motley;1950917 said:

I had dinner with the Defensive coordinator of the Oklahoma Sooners about 3 weeks ago. He told me out of his mouth that Dmac is and will be a better player than AD. I was totally surprised when he said that. Here's a guy who has watched AD up close and personal for 2 years and he said this. He said Dmac is more powerful and faster and if you like what AD is doing on the next level, wait until you see Mcfadden. Those are his actual words. His name is Bobby Jack Wright: http://soonersports.com/school-bio/bobby_jack_wright.html By the way I am not advocating we give up both #1s for Mcfadden but if we can get him for a #1 and a player, we may need to look at that.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I don't care how good DMAC is he is not worth an entire draft class. He can't help our secondary. That is were we need the most help.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1950906 said:
Adrian Peterson, RB Minn is absoulutely a Stud and tearing the NFL up.

DMac is supposed to be better--are you kidding me? :)

If DMac is BETTER then AD then WHY would we not trade with Miami for his right?

AD in hindsight is worth our entire 07 draft class. :cool:

No single player is worth an entire draft class. That has been proven over and over again in the NFL.

This isn't baseball or basketball where one player can change the fortunes of a team. Ricky Williams never brought a championship to any team he has been a part of. Peterson will never bring a title to the Vikings. LaDanian Tomlinson hasn't won anything yet either. Emmitt was just a part of the reason why we won 3 SBs in the 90s.

Great players are key to winning but you cannot sacrifice the rest of your team to bring in one player, it just doesn't work that way in football.

McFadden may end up as a great NFL RB but not for us.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
THUMPER;1950943 said:
No single player is worth an entire draft class. That has been proven over and over again in the NFL.

This isn't baseball or basketball where one player can change the fortunes of a team. Ricky Williams never brought a championship to any team he has been a part of. Peterson will never bring a title to the Vikings. LaDanian Tomlinson hasn't won anything yet either. Emmitt was just a part of the reason why we won 3 SBs in the 90s.

Great players are key to winning but you cannot sacrifice the rest of your team to bring in one player, it just doesn't work that way in football.

:hammer:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1950939 said:
I don't care how good DMAC is he is not worth an entire draft class. He can't help our secondary. That is were we need the most help.

1500 + yards goods you wouldn't want. Its surprising how fresh a defense is when you run the ball a lot. 2ndary this 2ndary every1 keeps stating how poor it is but our pash rushing needs to imrpove we need a better DT one that requires double teams. An upgrade on Spears its amazing how bad you make a QB look when theres a DL barreling down on him be4 he throws the ball.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1950946 said:
1500 + yards goods you wouldn't want. Its surprising how fresh a defense is when you run the ball a lot. 2ndary this 2ndary every1 keeps stating how poor it is but our pash rushing needs to imrpove we need a better DT one that requires double teams. An upgrade on Spears its amazing how bad you make a QB look when theres a DL barreling down on him be4 he throws the ball.

I guess our secondary giving up big passes all day vs the Giants was all in my imagination.

Thanks for clearing that up.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1950951 said:
I guess our secondary giving up big passes all day vs the Giants was all in my imagination.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Big passes lets see playing 10 yards off the ball+ slants and quick passes + poor tackling = big passes then year your right.

The one drive before halftime is meh... we played to loose and they were very aggresive.

In order to set up pass the deep ball or big pass plays you need time for the WR to get down field it would be nice if some of our D-lineman could get to the QB instead of playing pitty pat with the O-lineman. It's a lot better when you can drop 7 or 8 men in coverage as opposed to five

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THUMPER;1950943 said:

Very well said. :thumbup:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;1950938 said:
I had dinner with the Defensive coordinator of the Oklahoma Sooners about 3 weeks ago. He told me out of his mouth that Dmac is and will be a better player than AD. I was totally surprised when he said that. Here's a guy who has watched AD up close and personal for 2 years and he said this. He said Dmac is more powerful and faster and if you like what AD is doing on the next level, wait until you see Mcfadden. Those are his actual words. His name is Bobby Jack Wright: http://soonersports.com/school-bio/bobby_jack_wright.html By the way I am not advocating we give up both #1s for Mcfadden but if we can get him for a #1 and a player, we may need to look at that.

Wow Goldenrich, that is quite a compliment from someone in the know.....man,

How can we get DMac and KEEP MBIII!

That is Mr. Jones' problem to figure out........:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1950939 said:

I would not give up the entire draft and I don't think Dallas would. However if they choose to make a move and give up 2 late 1st rd picks to move up into the top 5 for AD while I still may think it is a risk I would consider it a risk with a very high upside to it should AD be as good as many think he will be.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1950965 said:
I would not give up the entire draft and I don't think Dallas would. However if they choose to make a move and give up 2 late 1st rd picks to move up into the top 5 for AD while I still may think it is a risk I would consider it a risk with a very high upside to it should AD be as good as many think he will be.

You mean DMAC vs AD--right?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1950967 said:
You mean DMAC vs AD--right?

I'm sorry, yes I was referring to DMAC. Clearly I would not do what the Saints did to get Ricky Williams which was give up their entire draft. However If Dallas can work a deal without giving up all day 1 picks this year then while I would still consider it a risk you also have to look at the upside to it.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1950964 said:
Wow Goldenrich, that is quite a compliment from someone in the know.....man,

How can we get DMac and KEEP MBIII!

That is Mr. Jones' problem to figure out........:bang2:
I have no idea. I am a big Barber fan but if it would only take a 1st and Barber to get Dmac I think I would do that deal. That way we could still get our CB with our other 1st rder. Our draft could look like this:
1st Dmac
1st Cromartie or Cason
2nd Calwell/Avery/Hawkins

I might add that I am against picking a RB in the 1st unless we can swindle someone in a trade that won't set us back by giving up too much.

By the way coach Wright also spoke highly of Curtis Lofton and said he will have an impact like a Willis out of San Fran. I asked him about Reggie Smith and he said he will test well but he wasn't really high about him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
When we have bigger needs than a rb I don't see the need to give away the house to get a rb. Two first round picks is not going to be enough to move up. We'd have to send a future #1 or player when we already have Barber, who we will need a new contract. As nice as it would be to have Barber and DMac that is too much money at one position. Plus we can stay where we are and get a rb that will compliment Barber for much cheaper.

I'm sorry but no one will ever convince me that we need to trade up. I don't care if the guy is the next Walter Payton.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
mcfadden may be big and fast but he does not know how to run... in terms of pure running ability, he wasn't even the best on his college team, felix jones was. i see mcfadden much like reggie bush. he has always gotten by on the fact that he was always the fastest guy on the field... that does not work in the pros. the league is filled with guys that were big and fast and never amounted to anything. i would not trade up.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Would both firsts and a player like Carpenter and/or Fascano be enough to trade up for DMac?

How much would that kill the cap?

burmafrd

Reaction score
If we get Dmac that means MB is either gone or gets reduced carries. In the end HOW MUCH MORE do we get with DMAC vs MB3 plus another back.
You are talking maybe 3-400 yds OVER A SEASON more plus maybe 3-5 MORE TDs then we would get otherwise. So that is at most 3 pts per game and maybe an extra 35-40 yds. AT THE MOST.
VS losing a lot of draft picks that could help us elsewhere and A VERY LARGE CAP HIT in a couple of years.