Zorn rumored to be on the chopping block...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Damn shame. There should be some kind of a quiz potential owners have to pass.

He deserves another couple of years and complete authority to clean current roster. JMO, of course...........

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That would be a very stupid thing to do.

So there's a good chance Snyder does it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They don't have more than a handful of players that can fit Cowher's schemes on either side of the ball. He would have to totally rebuild and that would take 3-5 years with there lack of draft picks this year and cap situation. Then there's always the little fact that Cowher is very close with Shotty who was treated very badly by Snyder. Cowher will be in such demand that he will not have to settle for the skins.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
It makes sense.

If you look at the way Zorn was hired. As OC, then all of a sudden lil danny says "Hey, you want to be HC?", it makes sense that he was just a stop gap until Cowher, or someone else came along.

That team will never be successful as long as they change coaches every few years.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2497599 said:
I think Zorn has done some good stuff this year. He looked pretty damn smart when they beat us.

Honestly, if you hire a young coach, you need to give the guy at least two years, maybe three. Young guys make mistakes. He'd likely have his team still in the playoff hunt if he didn't lose both his OTs.

this is a coach whose never been an offensive coordinator, think about that, and he's asked to run a team with a doofus at QB with little, overall talent

RoadRunner

Reaction score
You know I sometimes lose my patience with Jerry Jones, because of the lack of playoff success for a while now, but I certainly would not want to have Danny the boy king Snyder at the helm.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Well, Snyder does love shiny new toys. Another rumor has Zorn going back to Seattle.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
From 6-2 and playoff talk to 7-7 and playoff watching, clearly his stock has went south the last few weeks. The little general has to be fuming.

ddh33

Reaction score
This is why you wait to write the story.

A few weeks ago people had the Commanders as being one of the best teams in the NFC. Zorn was going to be coach of the year. Portis was going to be MVP...

Now, they look like they'll finish the season in the cellar of the division.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ddh33;2497859 said:
This is why you wait to write the story.

A few weeks ago people had the Commanders as being one of the best teams in the NFC. Zorn was going to be coach of the year. Portis was going to be MVP...

Now, they look like they'll finish the season in the cellar of the division.
They are who we thought they were?

:lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tennione72;2497581 said:
Campbell's never gonna get to learn one system

Wait... didnt they cut that 700 page playbook down to 1 page for Quincy v2.0??

:laugh2:

Nexx;2497596 said:
he took a very very average QB in a new offense and combined it with an over achieving defense and had them in the running for the playoffs and they want to fire him already? ok, go for it little danny.

Actually I agree with this.... I was telling a Commander poster that posts on here the same thing... all he did was botch and moan.... saying it was real and HE KNEW.... uh huh lol

AbeBeta;2497599 said:
I think Zorn has done some good stuff this year. He looked pretty damn smart when they beat us.

Honestly, if you hire a young coach, you need to give the guy at least two years, maybe three. Young guys make mistakes. He'd likely have his team still in the playoff hunt if he didn't lose both his OTs.

Yep. He outcoached us and get his players to outplay us.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am opposed to this idea. I want to say "hail to the maroon, black, and yellow" for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Let me tell ya, living in the DC area is pure heaven these days. Today, was absolutely wonderful...:lmao2:

StylisticS

Reaction score
Nexx;2497596 said:
he took a very very average QB in a new offense and combined it with an over achieving defense and had them in the running for the playoffs and they want to fire him already? ok, go for it little danny.

Which is why I do not believe they get Cowher. Cowher is not going to work for an owner like that.

That said, all of my skins co-workers really want to get rid of Zorn in the worse way.