Zorn rumored to be on the chopping block...

Boysboy

Reaction score
newlander;2497495 said:
not a shock. Looks like he's lost that band of chronic underachievers. Let the Cowher rumors begin again as Tony Kornheiser and Wilbon were just discussing on PTI...............:eek::

Zorn may have never been a coordinator, but there's no excuse from going 6-2 to tanking to infinity. Campbell sucks, yeah, but they really folded like a cheap suit, and that's the HC's responsibility.

Look at the Ravens' HC John Harbaugh-he was only a position coach his entire NFL career, and it was mostly ST(was only DB coach for one year last year). Look at the outstanding job he's doing with the Ravens.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Zorn if you are reading this...

I predicted you would go 8-8 and finish last in the NFC East on September 13th, when you were like 6-2 and destined for greatness I still said you would fumble away the season. Commanders trolls here said I was crazy.

Well whose crazy now?

You will probably lose your job, as you should. You are way in over your head. You are inexperienced and were always a temporary fix, backup plan if Dan couldn't get the real coach he wanted.

I will say this though, if you beat the eagles next week I will call you the "graetest coach in Commanders franchise history."

Now earn it.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Zorn seemed like a strange hire from the start. Once he held his first presser and started introducing his "interesting" practice methods, he appeared even more zany.

Anyone catch his press conference today? In a bizarre moment, he started talking about the failures of last week (or the last few weeks, I can't recall) and said, "I feel like the worst coach in America." Just odd to hear, especially the way he said it.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
YoMick;2497519 said:
Hell hath no fury like a head coach Zorned! :laugh2:

LOL... in time, I just know that a coach who gets "Zorned" will be similar to a bowler who gets "Munsoned"...

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2498845 said:
Zorn seemed like a strange hire from the start. Once he held his first presser and started introducing his "interesting" practice methods, he appeared even more zany.

Anyone catch his press conference today? In a bizarre moment, he started talking about the failures of last week (or the last few weeks, I can't recall) and said, "I feel like the worst coach in America." Just odd to hear, especially the way he said it.

Any owner in their decent mind would have promoted Gregg Wiliams. He had like 4 interviews with Snyder before pretty much getting his walking papers.

My guess is that Williams wanted to run the Skins like a decent football team SHOULD(i.e. have a SYSTEM-and likely wouldn't have wanted to draft all those WRs in the 2nd round), but Danny Boy and his stubbornness to play FF kept him from promoting him.

Like I said earlier-not all HCs were former coordinators. John Harbaugh was mostly ST coach with the Eagles before he got hired by the Ravens.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
There are only two owners in the NFL that I believe capable of being stupid enough to fire a coach after one year.

Al Davis

Dan Snyder

I wouldn't be shocked, at all, if the mental midget fired Zorn after one year and screwed around waiting for someone else to want the job only to have them all not want a thing to do with working for him and him having to settle on another poor guy who winds up in over his head like Zorn.