Zorn Stripped of Playcalling

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3022811 said:
They first hired him as a offensive coordinator.

He had never been a coodinator.

Then they gave him the head coaching job, but it's clear he has nothing to do with the defense.

So if he isn't calling plays anymore then what the heck will he be doing on Sundays except standing around looking like a moron for three hours.

I would have resigned if I was him.

Have some dignity.

Sounds like the path Garrett is on. And Zorn outcoached Garrett.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Never heard of a head coach being stripped of his duties without being fired. Leave it to Snyder and the Commanders to be the first.

Reaction score
Zorn has been stripped of his manhood is more like it... He's a complete joke in D.C., watching the local TV personalities like Brian Mitchell rip him has been rather funny.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3022811 said:

Then they gave him the head coaching job, but it's clear he has nothing to do with the defense.

So if he isn't calling plays anymore then what the heck will he be doing on Sundays except standing around looking like a moron for three hours.

Have some dignity.

If he quits, his contract voids. I'd wait to be fired and have the remaining years honored.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3022811 said:

Have some dignity.

if you resign, you don't get paid, if you are fired you get paid, only a moron would quit

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3023117 said:
If he quits, his contract voids. I'd wait to be fired and have the remaining years honored.

money > pride/dignity

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
bbgun;3023122 said:
money > pride/dignity

if you have a mortgage to pay, people to feed etc, then yeah probably, we all have to eat,,,, at work when don't want to do so, it comes with being employed

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3023122 said:
money > pride/dignity

You'd really let Daniel Snyder manipulate you into giving up a guaranteed contract? And pat yourself on the back as you walked away with the mistaken notion that your dignity was intact because you rolled over and took it?

This move says worlds about Snyder and Cerrato and almost nothing about Jim Zorn. That organization is a complete joke and they deserve the status of laughingstock they've worked so hard to achieve the last ten years or so.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3023118 said:
if you resign, you don't get paid, if you are fired you get paid, only a moron would quit

Yea, I agree.

Its like an average joe's work place, if you quit then you get jack.

If you get fired however, you usually get severance pay, you can keep your insurance under Cobra for 18 months, you can get up to a year of unemployment and sometimes longer with the extensions Congress passed, you get compensation for non-used vacation and sick days, ect....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;3023132 said:
if you have a mortgage to pay, people to feed etc, then yeah probably, we all have to eat,,,, at work when don't want to do so, it comes with being employed

We all have had jobs that we hated at some point in our lives, and I am sure the only reason all of us kept getting up and going to work each morning to a job that we hated was simply because of the money.

When you have a mortgage, a car payment, and groceries to buy then money becomes the overriding issue.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think someone else mentioned this, but if somehow Holmgren ended up here as HC, if Zorn is dumped in DC he'd almost assuredly end up on our staff in some role.

There's nothing impressive about the way any of the Redstinks QB's play, so not sure I ant him here coaching Romo in any capacity.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
bbgun;3023122 said:
money > pride/dignity

Big time. His contract is worth 15 million. He won't get a pay day like that again, and more then likely won't get another head coaching job.

Kilyin

Reaction score
dbair1967;3023204 said:
I think someone else mentioned this, but if somehow Holmgren ended up here as HC, if Zorn is dumped in DC he'd almost assuredly end up on our staff in some role.

There's nothing impressive about the way any of the Redstinks QB's play, so not sure I ant him here coaching Romo in any capacity.

Not that I disagree, but the Skins QBs were already in place and putrid before Zorn even came into the picture.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
M'Kevon;3023117 said:

Good point, some are going a little over board with this humiliation thing. Zorn is being paid handsomely and he would be a fool to leave agreed upon money on the table. He was already a buffoon prior to the hiring, a little more buffoonery will not hurt his image either way imo.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3022984 said:
I wouldn't dogpile on him too much. If Jerry brings in Holmgren he could be our next QB coach.

Perfectly fine to dogpile on Commanders franchise and their fans, though.

Wouldn't that be fitting - Zorn on the offensive staff and Campo on defense. We'd have a monopoly on the two worst HC's in NFL history.