Zorn was ready to be a HC

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
Alexander;2236293 said:
From top to bottom, that was one of the worst coaching debuts I have ever seen.​

It looked like there was no preparation but even the basics of clock management were absent.​

His whole offense looks completely pathetic.​
Zorn looked like an awful coach, and he sure doesn't get any help from Campbell to make him look better. Neither one can help the other.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2236291 said:
I will be the first to criticize Zorn's playcalling tonight. He clearly doesn't trust Campbell at this point. However, Zorn's clock management at the end of the first half was perfect, despite what that idiot Michaels had to say. As for the end of the game, he clearly called too many runs on the last drive. Campbell also made some poor decisions.

It has nothing to do with trust in the QB. The offensive design was horrible.

And this was from a supposed expert in the WCO.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Rawhide Kid;2236298 said:
Zorn looked like an awful coach, and he sure doesn't get any help from Campbell to make him look better. Neither one can help the other.

Campbell has always been a marginal talent, no matter what the Commander faithful have been belching for years. But I don't know who could have run that offense tonight to victory. It was fundamentally flawed. Cooley was almost completely ignored. They had far too many plays which were not even designed to get the yards needed for a first. That is all on Zorn.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2236300 said:

I think I saw the O have the receivers run 2 slants

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
silverbear;2236295 said:
Which is basically what Campbell did all preseason...

I honestly did not watch one minute of their pre season. I just heard they were horrible on this board.

I meant they looked as unimaginative as with Gibbs. But I see your point. They were horrible.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236305 said:
I think I saw the O have the receivers run 2 slants

I think you might be right, and the one they threw to Randle-El worked pretty niceley.

I was really wondering why the hell Washington was so adamant about running the ball on 1st and 2nd down. NY was blitzing heavily on 1st and 2nd down, then backing off on 3rd down. Zorn never once switched it up and tried to counter the blitz.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Alexander;2236300 said:

I think allowing Campbell to pass 19 times in the first 58:30 says a lot about Zorn's confidence in him. Down 9 and Zorn was still running the ball.

BuckyG

Reaction score
jobberone;2236128 said:
Every bit of it. You guys are so intent on blasting the other team I don't think you give the players credit when due. You don't have to be a fan of a team to see the talent on them.

How can you take one game and prognosticate anything substantial?

Last year the SB Champs (God I hate having to say that) lost their first two games and were down at the half to the Skins 17-3. They came back and won that game and unfortunately we know the rest. And they looked bad.

I see more talent than I'd like on the Giants. And I see some talent on the Skins who seem to be playing the same defense pretty well despite losing a very good DC.

So what part of it do you disagree with?

Or is all you can say is the Skin's suck?

The jokes ARE funny at times.

Main things I saw were (1) Eli Manning doesn't look much better than he did most of last year, even with a dominating run game and a healthy Plaxico Burress--anyone expecting greatness from this guy is going to be disappointed; (2) front seven of the Skins is physically overmatched--any team that can hammer the ball will kill them; (3) Jason Campbell is pretty bad. Giants look like a solid, physical team; and with the fourth pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders choose . . .

Best part of the game is that an NFL East rival already has a division loss one game into the season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2236319 said:
I think allowing Campbell to pass 19 times in the first 58:30 says a lot about Zorn's confidence in him. Down 9 and Zorn was still running the ball.

Man if I was you i'd hit the panic button right now.

Ken

Reaction score
It is so comical that the Skins publicized these comments. It is one thing to think this, or at least delude yourself into thinking this, it is entirely another to announce it on national tv.

The thought of bashing a coordinator who just won the Super Bowl, on the back of his unit, is amazingly stupid but epitomizes this organization.

Zorn is Danny's attempt at getting a Jason Garrett. Period. He wants a young, offfensive minded, genius. Uh, he is young, that is about it. He knows Jerry is going to hand the reigns over to Garrett and it is killing him.

Zorn has no clue. He had his headset off with 2 minutes to go. What an idiot.

Campbell is terrible. Has not progressed even a little since his rookie year. That is pathetic.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2236291 said:
I will be the first to criticize Zorn's playcalling tonight. He clearly doesn't trust Campbell at this point. However, Zorn's clock management at the end of the first half was perfect, despite what that idiot Michaels had to say. As for the end of the game, he clearly called too many runs on the last drive. Campbell also made some poor decisions.

it wasn't innovative or genius though, in fact I think they only had to run 3 offensive plays

they were aided by a huge kickoff return, and a penalty on that drive

maybe he'll improve, maybe he won't, but Cerrato trying to justify not hiring Spagnuolo is a bunch of crap, if he's not ready to run a team, what does that say about Zorn? at least Spags has coordinated a successful unit

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Ken;2236336 said:
It is so comical that the Skins publicized these comments. It is one thing to think this, or at least delude yourself into thinking this, it is entirely another to announce it on national tv.

The thought of bashing a coordinator who just won the Super Bowl, on the back of his unit, is amazingly stupid but epitomizes this organization.

Zorn is Danny's attempt at getting a Jason Garrett. Period. He wants a young, offfensive minded, genius. Uh, he is young, that is about it. He knows Jerry is going to hand the reigns over to Garrett and it is killing him.

Zorn has no clue. He had his headset off with 2 minutes to go. What an idiot.

Campbell is terrible. Has not progressed even a little since his rookie year. That is pathetic.

I think Zorn is in his 50s

Snyder can't even pull off the Garrett idea right

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236339 said:
it wasn't innovative or genius though, in fact I think they only had to run 2 offensive plays

they were aided by a huge kickoff return, and a penalty...
True, but in what was a very frustrating game, having Michaels harp on Zorn's clock management at the end of the first half when they scored a touchdown and left only 20 seconds for the Giants made me want to go find him and beat some sense into him. Zorn should have used his timeouts? Really Michaels you midgit?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2236348 said:
True, but in what was a very frustrating game, having Michaels harp on Zorn's clock management at the end of the first half when they scored a touchdown and left only 20 seconds for the Giants made me want to go find him and beat some sense into him. Zorn should have used his timeouts? Really Michaels you midgit?

lol, I totally missed that, if he said that, then he is pretty stupid

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BuckyG;2236322 said:
Main things I saw were (1) Eli Manning doesn't look much better than he did most of last year, even with a dominating run game and a healthy Plaxico Burress--anyone expecting greatness from this guy is going to be disappointed; (2) front seven of the Skins is physically overmatched--any team that can hammer the ball will kill them; (3) Jason Campbell is pretty bad. Giants look like a solid, physical team; and with the fourth pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Washington Commanders choose . . .

Best part of the game is that an NFL East rival already has a division loss one game into the season.

Eli looked good the first quarter plus then returned to form. If he wants to be great and lead his team back to a SB then he needs to be that first quarter QB and not the other one.

The Giants did lean on them until they started blitzing including run blitzes. I can't tell how good the Giants are vs how mediocre the Skins are. I suspect the Skins are a little light in the rear and I suspect they are depth poor. But I wouldn't discount the Giants OL and their RBs which are better suited to hammer than we are actually. Not much but enough to matter.

And I agree with the Skins being challenged at the QB position. I think Campbell can be better but he's not the QB I'd put in that offense. I have seen Campbell play a lot better. But my overall impression of him is nearly what yours is although I don't think he's a mature QB yet.

One things for sure. The Skins did not have a game plan that worked for them the entire first quarter. Maybe Zorn and his coordinators fixed that although maybe the Giants played down to the level of competition and just didn't capitalize. Probably a little of bothl. I'm not knowledgable to say more than they got themselves back into the game and kept it close enough to win.

They aren't going to win a lot of games scoring less than 10 points a game and having that anemic an offense. They will do well giving up less than 17pts/g.

Too early to predict either's demise or fall into obscurity but 100% fact is one has a loss and the other a mediocre win. They will lose their share not scoring more than 16 pts a game, missing scoring opportunities or deflating the worth of drives, and letting teams get back into the game.

Wonder what they're saying on ES.

Good post BTW.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hey, I felt bad for the guy. His DBs can't catch, Landry and Cooley were jokes, Campbell can't make decisions and he clearly doesn't trust Campbell's dummass to run a two minute drill when it's clearly needed.

Overall grade, F-. And on top of that his team sucks, and lacks decent talent.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I guess Campbell hitting on like every pass in those first two preseason games meant nothing? :)

I don't think he's terrible, but the more he plays the less he looks like a franchise QB. There's just something missing. He can play in this league, but his future more looks like that of a backup. An average one.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2236319 said:

It's because you guys suck, that's all there is to it. Have fun with a 5-11 season. Campbell is the 2nd best QB on the team, Cooley is a joke, Landry? Pshhh

Moss is the only good player on that team.