Zorn was ready to be a HC

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2236148 said:
so your comparing Jim Zorns coaching abilities to that of Coughlin ?????? Because I don't even think there is a comparison. Even your example of the giants doesn't even hold because the play calling wasn't run run pass and if its 3rd and short run you get the 1st run then play action on 2nd down. So say what even you want but the play calling was terrible.

Now where did I say that? Never even thought it and won't for a long time. How in the heck did you read that into what I said or are you just searching for a way to attack?

Temo

Reaction score
FFS, they lost by 9 points on the road to a division opponent that happened to be coming off a Super Bowl win. Give the guy a chance!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236137 said:
And I'm supposed to take that as Gospel? :laugh2:

so you're saying a guy who's used to coaching at most, 3 players, as opposed to someone who successfully coached at least 11, is more qualified to be HC?

how about Zorn's clock-management? or having his QB throw less than 15 passes on the night? you think he was the most qualified candidate to be HC?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236155 said:
Now where did I say that? Never even thought it and won't for a long time. How in the heck did you read that into what I said or are you just searching for a way to attack?

If you compare two teams why wouldn't you compared HC's that just seems type pointless. Not wanting to say that the giants of last year were better coached than the Commanders of this year and then use the giants team as an example is rather narrow minded.

Temo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236163 said:
so you're saying a guy who's used to coaching at most, 3 players, as opposed to someone who successfully coached at least 11, is more qualified to be HC?

how about Zorn's clock-management? or having his QB throw less than 15 passes on the night? you think he was the most qualified candidate to be HC?

You think you can judge his talent after one game against the defending Super Bowl champs?

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
If I was in charge, Williams would have been the HC. The Washington Defense seemed to lack the fire it had last season. BTW, I counted 4 interceptions that were dropped by the skins. However, I am not convinced that they would have gotten any points out of them. I thought Jason had turned the corner. I was definately wrong.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Temo;2236172 said:
You think you can judge his talent after one game against the defending Super Bowl champs?

I'm sorry I don't see the same team that won the super bowl last year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236163 said:

This other guy never entered into my thoughts much less my typing. I don't even know or care who he is.

The point I was addressing is you can't say Zorn isn't going to be a decent HC on the basis of one game.

There is probably no one on this entire board who has the ability to actually judge whether or not a coach is capable to be blunt.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Temo;2236172 said:

I think Vinny Cerrato was lying when he said that Spagnuolo wasn't qualified to be a HC

yet Zorn was...?

sounds like he's covering up for getting rebuffed by Spags, and Zorn didn't look too good tonight

while the Giants were pretty awesome on D, led by Spags' coaching

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236180 said:
This other guy never entered into my thoughts much less my typing. I don't even know or care who he is.

The point I was addressing is you can't say Zorn isn't going to be a decent HC on the basis of one game.

There is probably no one on this entire board who has the ability to actually judge whether or not a coach is capable to be blunt.

Why can't we look at the game and say that tonight he was incompetent???? Or terrible why can't we discuss how poor the team looked and how obvious his coaching mistakes were. Just because we aren't getting paid to hire coaches doesn't mean we still can't form our on opinion.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dmq;2236178 said:
If I was in charge, Williams would have been the HC. The Washington Defense seemed to lack the fire it had last season. BTW, I counted 4 interceptions that were dropped by the skins. However, I am not convinced that they would have gotten any points out of them. I thought Jason had turned the corner. I was definately wrong.

That should have been who he turned to. But without knowing all the facts then I can't say he was the man. Sure appeared that way to me though.

I thought the D played pretty well after about a quarter. But Eli started looking Eli-ish before the half ended.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236180 said:

I never said that

the thread is about both guys, so you should probably care about the other guy then

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
dmq;2236178 said:

Eli didn't look like he turned the corner either he looked really bad.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Temo;2236172 said:

After the 1st quarter they stopped playing like the super bowl champs. And he still stunk it up. He called horrible plays, and never put his team in position to win. His talent level is obivous

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2236169 said:
If you compare two teams why wouldn't you compared HC's that just seems type pointless. Not wanting to say that the giants of last year were better coached than the Commanders of this year and then use the giants team as an example is rather narrow minded.

I agree it would be. But I didn't compare Zorn to Coughlin. Not one time.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236197 said:
I agree it would be. But I didn't compare Zorn to Coughlin. Not one time.

Lets just compare the teams but not compare HC's....thats weak

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236188 said:
I think Vinny Cerrato was lying when he said that Spagnuolo wasn't qualified to be a HC

yet Zorn was...?

sounds like he's covering up for getting rebuffed by Spags, and Zorn didn't look too good tonight

while the Giants were pretty awesome on D, led by Spags' coaching

Again I never got into that. Don't care. I said you can't judge Zorn on this performance which was not remarkable either way.

Bob Sacamano;2236191 said:
I never said that

the thread is about both guys, so you should probably care about the other guy then

I'll care about what I wish. Don't jump to conclusions and actually read what people say, Bob. See how that sounds.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236205 said:
Again I never got into that. Don't care. I said you can't judge Zorn on this performance which was not remarkable either way.

I'll care about what I wish. Don't jump to conclusions and actually read what people say, Bob. See how that sounds.

but yet you say that I said that Zorn can't be an HC! when I never said it!

I think you need your glasses

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2236199 said:
Lets just compare the teams but not compare HC's....thats weak

Where are you getting this crap. It appears you're baiting me now rather than responding to what I said. Either that or your reading comprehension skills are poor.

If you want to discuss the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Giants and Skins as they were exhibited tonite then fire away.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236209 said:
but yet you say that I said that Zorn can't be an HC! when I never said it!

I think you need your glasses

Well I actually do need them all the time now. But now you're mind reading what I'm thinking.

Why don't you just type it for me and save me the trouble. I expect more from you, Bob.

I'm off to something substantial.