Zorn was ready to be a HC

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
The Giants should have knocked the Skins out of the game in the 1st quarter. They moved the ball at will, but somehow the Skins always buckled down when they got near the end zone.

Washington's defense came out pretty strong in the second half. They still have NO pass rush. I don't know if Jason Taylor played so poorly because of his injury or what, but he was simply manhandled. He had no burst off the edge, and he, like the rest of the D, was worthless against the run.

Washington looks like that are doing the same old ****. They were running and getting nothing on the first 2 downs (if their wasn't a penalty), then they would throw a pass well short of the 1st down marker. As I recall, they didn't take one shot downfield until it was essentially much too late. The play calling was unimaginative, with loads of little screen and dump offs in the flats.

New York played a good game on defense. But come on, it's not like they really did anything that amazing. They consistantly were blitzing heavily on 1st and 2nd down. Then Campbell was looking for a blitz on 3rd, which often didn't come, and he was sort of shell shocked looking at 6-7 db's.

Eli looked really good at times, then came and make some bad mistakes. He easily could have thrown 4 picks that game.

New York looks great running the ball, and their defense looked solid.

Washington looks god awful in almost all aspects

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236214 said:
Where are you getting this crap. It appears you're baiting me now rather than responding to what I said. Either that or your reading comprehension skills are poor.

If you want to discuss the relative strengths and weaknesses of the Giants and Skins as they were exhibited tonite then fire away.

dude are you drunk ???????

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2236216 said:
Well I actually do need them all the time now. But now you're mind reading what I'm thinking.

Why don't you just type it for me and save me the trouble. I expect more from you, Bob.

what are you talking about? I've never attributed anything to you

gbrittain

Reaction score
The question at ES is:

Which QB Gives Us the Best Chance to Win Now? (Poll)

Colt Brennan is beating Campbell 121 to 109

I must say for at least one day this NFL season is perfect.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain;2236244 said:
The question at ES is:

Colt Brennan played in the West Coast in Hawaii and put up massive numbers.

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
gbrittain;2236244 said:
The question at ES is:

Campbell is horrible, but do they really expect Brennan to be much better? This is a great situation...for us at least.

Rudy

Reaction score
If you take away an arid though on Eli's part, Washington was never ever in this game.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I can see Brennan being successful in a WCO, he's a guy w/ a middling arm

a system guy

Campbell just isn't very smart

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236085 said:
I wonder if Danny is going to plop a steaming pile of icecream on Zorn's desk

Zorn just dropped a steaming pile of something on his...

silverbear

Reaction score
jobberone;2236128 said:
And I see some talent on the Skins who seem to be playing the same defense pretty well despite losing a very good DC.

The Giants gained 370 yards of total offense, which could have been much worse if Eli hadn't missed a few open receivers... they seriously gashed the Skins up the middle in the running game... I don't call that good defense...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236228 said:
he has to be

he doesn't know what this thread is about

and he doesn't know whom is saying what

You're getting personal. You two obviously are doing a lot of mind reading and now you're accusing me of being drunk.

Come back when you can discuss this with me by reading what I say and responding to that.

I admit I don't always stay on a thread topic but I was responding to what was being said in the thread.

My last comment on the matter. Respond with whatever but keep the personal insults out of it.

silverbear

Reaction score
dargonking999;2236193 said:
After the 1st quarter they stopped playing like the super bowl champs. And he still stunk it up. He called horrible plays

He really did call a lousy game... my nephew, who is a Skins fan, was incensed by the playcalling...

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2236163 said:
how about Zorn's clock-management? or having his QB throw less than 15 passes on the night? you think he was the most qualified candidate to be HC?
I will be the first to criticize Zorn's playcalling tonight. He clearly doesn't trust Campbell at this point. However, Zorn's clock management at the end of the first half was perfect, despite what that idiot Michaels had to say. As for the end of the game, he clearly called too many runs on the last drive. Campbell also made some poor decisions.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
From top to bottom, that was one of the worst coaching debuts I have ever seen.

It looked like there was no preparation but even the basics of clock management were absent.

His whole offense looks completely pathetic.​

silverbear

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;2236220 said:
Washington looks like that are doing the same old ****. They were running and getting nothing on the first 2 downs (if their wasn't a penalty), then they would throw a pass well short of the 1st down marker. As I recall, they didn't take one shot downfield until it was essentially much too late. The play calling was unimaginative, with loads of little screen and dump offs in the flats.

Which is basically what Campbell did all preseason...