Zuerlein needs to go

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Funny that he has a better percentage than some kickers that are in the Hall of Fame.
Sorry, but what a dumb comment. I’m not going to waste my time explaining why kickers today are better than some kickers in the Hall of Fame.

817Gill

Reaction score
Ugh good free agent kickers in week 15 are more rare than good free agent QB’s. This is obviously an offseason thing not something you do now. Is this even a question?

At least Z is headstrong and confident, any street FA crumbles after a miss and once the confidence goes the kicker is done.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Zuerlein is going to cost Dallas a few games if he continues with his erratic kicks. He is going to lose a close game when it hurts the team the most which will probably be in the playoffs. His relationship with his coach seems to have priority over his kicking production. Is anybody else concerned about his unreliable kicking?
We can't have him here at our social club, no more. I mean that much I do know.

cristglo

Reaction score
Z says look at game film, instead of doing math at the end of the game.
enough blame to go around but still, he makes those missed kicks we win. Nothing to squabble over was just responding to post . :D

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cowboys COO Stephen Jones said on Friday when asked if Dallas is considering changes at kicker after a Thanksgiving game loss to the Raiders. “We feel really good about Greg.''o_O

Draft one of these college kickers. Those kids can kick to the moon lol.
Funny that he has a better percentage than some kickers that are in the Hall of Fame.
:facepalm: He's ranked 25th in the NFL this season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The first game we lost by 2, he missed a EP and another chip shot FG. It didn’t totally cost us the game, whose to say brady didn’t drive it in for a TD instead of getting into FG range.

He needs to hit these chip shots. He hits all the others and hit a 56 yarder to win the chargers game..

blueblood70

Reaction score
ridiculous
hes not perfect but 2 straight games before Sunday he was perfect on all fgs, xps, and all touchbacks. He was perfect in fgs again that 3 straight games without a missed Fg, ys occasionally the xp thing can be frustrating but hes not an issue and hasnt been yet..he has not cost us a game yet..

keep talking about the Bucs game if he made those Tampa changes the way they play the next drives and still WIN..the defsne couldnt stop cold that day..ok glim!!

Silly

Reaction score
It is such an important part of the game, I don't know why more draft capital is not allocated to finding a good kicker.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm puzzled by this kicker. He sure hits them at crunch time though.

Deep_South

Reaction score
On FGs this year, Greg is 28 for 33 - 84.8%. On XPs this year, Greg is 26 for 31 - 83.9%. So, he's slightly better kicking FGs from various distances than he is XPs so far. Trying to find another kicker who is better will be a crap shoot, IMO, so I think we should stick with him and deal with the issue in training camp next year. The Saints have gone through 4 kickers in the last ten games and ended up with Brett Maher.

blueblood70

Reaction score
On FGs this year, Greg is 28 for 33 - 84.8%. On XPs this year, Greg is 26 for 31 - 83.9%. So, he's slightly better kicking FGs from various distances than he is XPs so far. Trying to find another kicker who is better will be a crap shoot, IMO, so I think we should stick with him and deal with the issue in training camp next year. The Saints have gone through 4 kickers in the last ten games and ended up with Brett Maher.
and 3 misses were from 57-61 so it better then that as those are like hail marys to end halves..

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm puzzled by this kicker. He sure hits them at crunch time though.

Yes. This is the most "what the ...." kicker we've had. It gives me nightmares that we'll do our own version of that Saints video "Oh, NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! He missed the extra point. OMG, how could he do that?" I can't recall any Cowboys kicker ever missing 2 extra points in a game. Has any Cowboy ever done that? I remember Maher was unreliable, but I can't remember if he did that.

Then Zuerlein nails all those field goals.

I have this nightmare of finally playing in the Super Bowl after all these years and the team having to make one more TD and the extra point to send the game into overtime. They make some extraordinary play to get that 6 of 7 points needed and then ... "Oh, NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO! He missed the extra point!"

glimmerman

Reaction score
ridiculous
hes not perfect but 2 straight games before Sunday he was perfect on all fgs, xps, and all touchbacks. He was perfect in fgs again that 3 straight games without a missed Fg, ys occasionally the xp thing can be frustrating but hes not an issue and hasnt been yet..he has not cost us a game yet..

keep talking about the Bucs game if he made those Tampa changes the way they play the next drives and still WIN..the defsne couldnt stop cold that day..ok glim!!
Lol. I never disagreed with you. I said in my post that brady would have just drove it in the endzone instead of FG range. But would have been nice to make them have to do that instead of a FG. The next week greg hit a 56 yarder in the closing seconds and wins the game. I only get nervous when he kicks easy ones. It’s frustrating.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes. This is the most "what the ...." kicker we've had. It gives me nightmares that we'll do our own version of that Saints video "Oh, NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO! He missed the extra point. OMG, how could he do that?" I can't recall any Cowboys kicker ever missing 2 extra points in a game. Has any Cowboy ever done that? I remember Maher was unreliable, but I can't remember if he did that.

Then Zuerlein nails all those field goals.

I have this nightmare of finally playing in the Super Bowl after all these years and the team having to make one more TD and the extra point to send the game into overtime. They make some extraordinary play to get that 6 of 7 points needed and then ... "Oh, NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO! He missed the extra point!"

Lop, yup. He's the perfect Cowboys kicker, absolutely full of drama.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I found the play. I have nightmares of the Cowboys doing this in the Super Bowl.

How good is that guy who filled during Zuerlein's COVID?