Zuerlein needs to go

rambo2

Reaction score
Than some? Aren’t there only two in the HOF? I suspect his % vs the average kicker today is not better than theirs against their peers. You can’t compare eras like that
Lol, I don't care, but to complain about our kicker and claim that he should be cut is just ignorant.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Zuerlein is going to cost Dallas a few games if he continues with his erratic kicks. He is going to lose a close game when it hurts the team the most which will probably be in the playoffs. His relationship with his coach seems to have priority over his kicking production. Is anybody else concerned about his unreliable kicking?

Missing 1 PAT in a game happens.
Missing 2 PATs in a game should not. Ever.

cristglo

Reaction score
I feel like there are several kickers walking the streets that could consistently make extra point kicks. Dallas has been lucky so far with very few of the games being close. Greg the leg will cost this team at some point. Many of the fans seems to think it is not a big deal and that he will make the kicks when it counts. I don’t think it is very smart for the team to continue with Zuerlein when they know that he is inconsistent. When he misses an extra point or FG and the Cowboys are out of the playoffs, it will be too late to fix the problem.

He already has cost us two games that I know of.
Buc's and Radiers

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The topic is this year. Does anyone feel confident this guy can make a 50 yarder to win us a playoff game this year? Heck, anyone confident he won’t miss an extra point to lose us a big game?
Dude, he beat the Chargers with a 55 yard field goal at the stadium that will host the Super Bowl. I trust him more then any kicker we have ever had to perform in playoff situations.

Cmac

Reaction score
Z says "How about my FGs with the shady red zone offense?"

Jarntt

Reaction score
Dude, he beat the Chargers with a 55 yard field goal at the stadium that will host the Super Bowl. I trust him more then any kicker we have ever had to perform in playoff situations.
That was 3 months ago after a game we might have won if he made all his kicks.And he just missed 2 XPs in one game. I can’t imagine anyone is confident in him right now based on what we have been seeing. Guy has missed 5 XPs this year. How is that not a huge red flag.

cowboyec

Reaction score
he's the reason mccarthy went for it on 4th down so many times.

the defense is the reason why lately...not so much.

fivetwos

Reaction score
And if we sign an unknown off the street and he fails they get killed for going with an unknown.

Z is the guy. Sink or swim.

BTW the wind was not a factor yesterday. I felt zero wind all day.

reddyuta

Reaction score
you cant have such a shaky kicker in the playoffs,the margin is razor thin and its almost a certainty he will be relied upon to win us the game

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He just doesn't care about XPs. He's elite at FGs though.

It's a matter of focus. Zuerlein is like the QB with the rocket arm that can make any throw. He's the Brett Favre of kickers. Favre could thread the needle on any throw but also throw some of the worst interceptions with questionable decision making.

silvernblu

Reaction score
Zuerlein is going to cost Dallas a few games if he continues with his erratic kicks. He is going to lose a close game when it hurts the team the most which will probably be in the playoffs. His relationship with his coach seems to have priority over his kicking production. Is anybody else concerned about his unreliable kicking?

He already cost us the Bucs and Raiders game.

zekecowboy

Reaction score

THe wind blew his one field goal 3 feet to the left. He adjusted after he missed the point after the touch down.