“First Take” is a microcosm of our Forum

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Two are there to try to entertain, the other actually knows and alalyzes football.....Where SAS is right though is that the team has to prove things when games count. We have yet to see this

ESisback

Reaction score
yea, because we all know that the owner being happy about his team and saying we have a legit shot(anyone actually think we dont) so hello Mr. Obvious... but him stating the obvious will doom this team. The players will all be so full of themselves that they will stop watching film and playing hard because Jerry said we have a shot.

Well the Rams owner is quiet and they suck.
Quite true.

aikemirv

Reaction score
First Take featuring Stephen A, Michael Irvin and Dan Orlovsky is truly representative of our Fan Zone because it has 3 very differing opinions of the hosts as does our forum. Hers the 3 takes

1. Michael Irvin - “We played the best game of the season and we are the best team in the NFL”

2. Stephen A Smith - “The Cowboys beat a overhyped fraudulent team in the Vikings and they are an accident waiting to happen and will collapse in the playoffs”

3. Dan Orlovsky - “The Cowboys played a complete dominating game but I will have to see consistency in doing so before putting them up with the Eagles, Bills and Chiefs”

Where does your opinion fit in among these 3 cats?….

Mine is with Orlovsky as I’m a “Missouri Show Me” type guy….however Stephen A has been correct for a long time now, but yesterdays game made me feel like a Michael Irvin after the game.

They are up there with the Bills and the Eagles. They have all had poor games like the Cowboys. Chiefs - I just don't know. Mahomes is an unstoppable force with protection - he just makes play after play. There was a stat that came up on the TV when the Chiefs had 1:40 left and down by 4,. It said the Chiefs had a 25% chance to win. That was crazy. You give Mahomes 1:40 and 4 downs to work with he is scoring a TD 75% of the time if not more!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They are up there with the Bills and the Eagles. They have all had poor games like the Cowboys. Chiefs - I just don't know. Mahomes is an unstoppable force with protection - he just makes play after play. There was a stat that came up on the TV when the Chiefs had 1:40 left and down by 4,. It said the Chiefs had a 25% chance to win. That was crazy. You give Mahomes 1:40 and 4 downs to work with he is scoring a TD 75% of the time if not more!
If we asked 100 people from this board if they thought the Chiefs would win when they got the ball left at the end, Im guessing 90 of them would have said Chiefs will win. He is now like Brady.... you just know you are done if you give him the ball with roughly 2 minutes.

Biag

Reaction score
I hate agreeing with Orlovsky but he is dead on. I think if Dallas and Philly both bring their A game Dallas is the better team. Eagles are more consistent and mange to still eek at wins when they are off.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I watch them every Sunday for the past 50 plus years, but I am not a, we are going to win the Super Bowl every year, type of fan. I am a realist. I hope we have success in the playoffs and win a Super Bowl, but this team has come up short many of times over the years. I am not ready to hand them the Super Bowl after one blowout win against the Vikings. They could still lay an egg in the playoffs just like they did last week against Green Bay. You have the Super Bowl championship parade route already planned out. A lot of football to be played before we hand out any Championships.
A realist is what a hater says to make himself feel better. Feel important.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Set aside Dak's 22 for 25 passing and the blowout score, this was the most complete game Dallas has played in forever.

A lot of things went right, but I think the keys to success were, first, the Dallas defensive front seven shut down the Vikings' running game and harassed Cousins all game long and, second, the Dallas OL dominated the run game and kept Dak upright.

No doubt Pollard and Dak had a great game, but the game was won in the trenches.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I don't believe either Smith or Irvin actually believe what they say. It's all showmanship for ratings.

Orlovsky is the X and O's guy. He plays it down the middle. This is where I am.

If they play like they did yesterday, they are very tough to beat. But their problem is staying at that level consistently. There is no history of them doing so. Especially in the playoffs.
Orlosky is a Cowboy hater and a Eagles supporter. Loves Wentz.

Reactions: BAT

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Calling other fans haters is the biggest make-myself-feel-better-feel-important thing I've ever seen.
No it’s not. It’s just the truth and the truth hurts sometimes. People who are always negative are cancers to everyone around them.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm with Dan the Man.
We do this to ourselves every year.
We lay a dud and the sky is falling.
We have a dominant game and it's Super Bowl or bust.
I'm now a week by week guy.
Great win. Complete win. Dominant win.
Now, let's see we do against the NY Giants.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I know I can't, because unless I say the Cowboys will win every game 100 to 0, I am a hater?

You are the reason why most people hate Cowboy fans.
No, nothing like that. You’re a hater if all you do is be constantly negative like you are.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I feel the same way Orlovsky does. Cowboys have to show me that they can do this more on a consistent basses. After the past 27 plus years of letdowns, I am mot going to let one blowout win against a good team make me forget about the past 27 years. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 27 times, shame on me.

Same. Dallas has a few games like this every year. Where every single thing clicks and we destroy a team. We did it to Philly both times last year.And the hype starts. And then the true Cowboys always comes around in the end to end our season.

I want to see Dallas win more games like last week. Defense needing to make a play or stop. Offense to keep a drive going. Because these are what the playoffs will be. Especially in today's game. We aren't going to go out and win 40-3 in the playoffs. Parsons was nowhere to be found last week.

jgboys1

Reaction score
No, nothing like that. You’re a hater if all you do is be constantly negative like you are.
Ok. thank you for showing me the light. I am much positive person now. I know the Cowboys will never lose another game in our lifetime. We will probably not give up anymore touchdown too.
I see a 30 year run of consecutive Super Bowl championships in our future.