“The Score” ranks Cowboys “QB Room” 9th among all 32 teams

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
It’s interesting that you credit Herbert for stats. Dak doesn’t get any such leeway around here.

Herbert is barely a .500 QB and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

https://stathead.com/tiny/j6bgB

Imagine what that would look like if Dak had those results. I wonder if the Zone would be kinder to Herbert. I imagine they might be.
Hmmm! Interesting Captain. Interesting

and dead on

Kwyn

Reaction score
You can see Herbert’s arm talent on display, which is why he gets the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention the chiefs dominate that division. Imo we beat the 49ers if Herbert was our qb that day
How exactly has “arm talent” resulted in wins?

His avg yards per attempt is actually less than Dak.

Completion percentage the same

Dak just wins more consistently

It’s arguments about things like “arm talent” that show the moving goalposts people do with Dak all the time.

Convinced he could win a Super Bowl and get trashed by fans here

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

It’s arguments about things like “arm talent” that show the moving goalposts people do with Dak all the time.

100% the fact some even bring up stats for Herbert is ridiculous after all the "Stats dont matter" that is thrown around here to discount anything Dak does.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s interesting that you credit Herbert for stats. Dak doesn’t get any such leeway around here.

Herbert is barely a .500 QB and is 0-1 in the playoffs.

https://stathead.com/tiny/j6bgB

Imagine what that would look like if Dak had those results. I wonder if the Zone would be kinder to Herbert. I imagine they might be.
You know when it comes to the argument against Dak being elite or even “good” people create all these different reasons and standards that they don’t hold anyone to. I’m 2017 he wasn’t good because he can’t throw for over 200 yards. Then it became he can’t throw the deep ball. Then it became he can’t beat teams over .500. Meanwhile people will say Herbert is top 5. That’s how I know this whole QB argument is crap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

So much goal post moving lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can see Herbert’s arm talent on display, which is why he gets the benefit of the doubt. Not to mention the chiefs dominate that division. Imo we beat the 49ers if Herbert was our qb that day
This type of stuff is why people kept thinking Jay Cutler was good because of his “arm talent”.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The editors of the football site The Score have published their “QB Room Rankings” for all 32 NFL teams. They have the Cowboys ranked in their “Very Good” category- specifically 9th. They have 6 teams listed in the “Elite” category- Ravens, Chargers, e-girls, Bills, Bengals and chiefs.

Other than ravens and egirls- Seems about right to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2653563
Jackson elite? Eagles Elite? Yah, not in agreement there.

Funny how Rams QB was elite a year ago and all of a sudden hes average? These are all biased by recent team success or lack there of.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Funny, Hurts gets respect everywhere but here..

Runner up in MVP and the 2nd best dual threat with the Ravens having the best dual threat.

Herbert has quietly set the record for yards and TDs in his first 3 seasons and I wonder how many people have actually watched him play? He has as good, if not the best, arm in the game.
This was Hurts first great season and he was surrounded by pretty much a all star team on both sides of the ball. Team success a big factor in his rise.

Herbert has the arm, but leadership, choking, and crunch time and team failures have defined him so far. San Diego has one of the worst run games in the NFL so throwing the ball is pretty much all they do.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im good with it for the most part. I think it’s a bit misleading because they imply the roster of QBs, but give high scores for teams with great QBs and crap for backup such as the Chargers. I think Dallas and Philly should both be really high (I know Philly is) because they have quality starters, and proven backups.

Still, list ain’t too bad and I’m just nitpicking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never said they were bad. If Mahomes is elite I can’t say he and Herbert and Hurts are of the same tier. I just can’t. Herbert’s arm is irrelevant in the discussion.

Hurts runner up one year does not make him elite. Cam Newton actually won a MVP and made a SB with junk around him and nobody ever confused him with being elite.
That Newton D he had was one of the better defenses in NFL history. It was THAT and his running ability that got them to the SB.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Man you are preaching. For the life of me I don’t get it. People give Herbert the same respect as Burrow and I don’t understand it. They aren’t even in the same tier until Herbert has more success.
Hebert has come up short in the leadership and clutch category. Burrows is great in both.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL.........yah right. Hebert had a 20 point lead or bigger going into the 2nd half and choked against the Jags.

With zero run game, poor line blocking and only Lamb to throw to against the #1 D in the NFL what was Hebert going to do? That comment is laughable.

Hebert has been one of the biggest chokers in the NFL since he got here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for. Karma's not much fun if your own qb gets hurt.

Hurts may be a one hit wonder but philly has surrounded him with a good cast just like last year. I expect the eagles to be division contenders if not more. Not a fan but Jalen did a pretty nice job last season imho.
No, that is a fact inherent with top rushing Quarterbacks, and the Dallas defense is strong at making an opponent pay for success against it. Uncovered, Philadelphia will have it's QB at risk...fact. Not wishing injuty, buy making him pay for ANY succees....you bet! This is football!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak's ranking is about right in that 9-12 range but there may only be about 3 elite QB's right now and a bunch of really good ones.