“The Score” ranks Cowboys “QB Room” 9th among all 32 teams

Hardline

Reaction score
Funny, Hurts gets respect everywhere but here..

Runner up in MVP and the 2nd best dual threat with the Ravens having the best dual threat.

Herbert has quietly set the record for yards and TDs in his first 3 seasons and I wonder how many people have actually watched him play? He has as good, if not the best, arm in the game.
I respect Hurts so much that I was hoping he would fall to us in the 2nd round.
I knew he would develop into a very good duel threat QB.

Last edited:

Nav22

Reaction score
it’s clear Herbert hasn’t reached his ceiling while dak has
"Hasn't reached his ceiling" but you just had him beating the 49ers on the road? Even though he captained a colossal choke job vs the Jaguars?

So which is it? Is he good enough RIGHT NOW or not?
:laugh:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well what all this says to me is the talent is very deluded in the NFL at this point half the teams don't have a good quarterback.

We are lucky to have a quarterback as good as Dak and to have found him in a late round was very fortunate.

It's pretty simple there's just too many teams and not enough good quarterbacks to go around.

ghst187

Reaction score
Ranking those guys other than Mahomes over Rodgers….lol. Lamar over Rodgers….wow.

rambo2

Reaction score
Well what all this says to me is the talent is very deluded in the NFL at this point half the teams don't have a good quarterback.

We are lucky to have a quarterback as good as Dak and to have found him in a late round was very fortunate.

It's pretty simple there's just too many teams and not enough good quarterbacks to go around.
The talent is better today than ever before.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The editors of the football site The Score have published their “QB Room Rankings” for all 32 NFL teams. They have the Cowboys ranked in their “Very Good” category- specifically 9th. They have 6 teams listed in the “Elite” category- Ravens, Chargers, e-girls, Bills, Bengals and chiefs.

Other than ravens and egirls- Seems about right to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2653563
Cooper Rush is 5-1 as a starter. How are we not No. 1? Will Grier must be bringing us down. Knew we should have kept DiNucci.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Actually, I'd probably have Baltimore behind us because I'm not a big believer in Jackson, but that's about it at this point. Eighth to ninth seems about right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The editors of the football site The Score have published their “QB Room Rankings” for all 32 NFL teams. They have the Cowboys ranked in their “Very Good” category- specifically 9th. They have 6 teams listed in the “Elite” category- Ravens, Chargers, e-girls, Bills, Bengals and chiefs.

Other than ravens and egirls- Seems about right to me. Your thoughts?

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2653563
We shall never get to elite level with Deek as our QB.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They like Greer as much as Rush.
Who? The Score? I don't think so. The Cowboys? Maybe, because Rush isn't that great. Great football IQ, bad arm.

But I was mostly joking. Don't think Greer is that far off from Rush or that DiNucci is anything great. I would have kept DiNucci over Greer because I think there's more upside, but it doesn't mean DiNucci will ever reach his potential.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Runner up in MVP and the 2nd best dual threat with the Ravens having the best dual threat.

Herbert has quietly set the record for yards and TDs in his first 3 seasons and I wonder how many people have actually watched him play? He has as good, if not the best, arm in the game.
His release kills me.

T-RO

Reaction score

Hurts deserves top-five billing playing within the Eagles system and with their personnel.

But you put him on another team where he doesn't have 5 superior blockers up front, two top-tier WR, and top-five tight end....I could see him tumble out of the top ten. He's just not a great thrower of the football.

Their offense works because its positively stacked at every position, and the Hurts dual threat stresses the hell out of opponents.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Amazing we actually have Cowboy fans who dont see the greater talent level and arm of Herbert over Prescott.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yea, the more I thought about this post the more it pretty well discredits many analysis on this forum. But I guess it’s to be expected on a Cowboys fan forum. Still disappointing though. Not the kind of fans I’m interested interacting with.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How about simply he can make throws dak can’t? Dak was the main reason we lost that. Dude is a head case imo and caves to the pressure.
He threw for 58% in his playoff game how is that "Elite" arm talent? so in your logic Dak's great game against TB doesnt count but Herberts bad game in his only playoff game showed elite arm talent...good stuff.

Havic

Reaction score
He threw for 58% in his playoff game how is that "Elite" arm talent? so in your logic Dak's great game against TB doesnt count but Herberts bad game in his only playoff game showed elite arm talent...good stuff.
Match up both side by side and put a poll up for who you would rather have as your qb and build a franchise with. Herbert would get 75% of the vote easily.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Hurts deserves top-five billing playing within the Eagles system and with their personnel.

But you put him on another team where he doesn't have 5 superior blockers up front, two top-tier WR, and top-five tight end....I could see him tumble out of the top ten. He's just not a great thrower of the football.

Their offense works because its positively stacked at every position, and the Hurts dual threat stresses the hell out of opponents.
We decry QBs around here because some don't seem to understand that great QB play goes hand in hand with being surrounded by talent. Sure, some QBs elevate the talent around them, but rarely do you see a QB succeed on a no-talent team. Where would Aikman have been without Emmitt, Irvin and a top-notch offensive line? He still would have been a very good quarterback, but I doubt he's a Hall-of-Famer.

I think Matthew Stafford is a good example of this. Stafford had some offensive talent around him in Detroit, and even had his best QB rating (106) while there, but he goes to LA, ties the highest completion percentage of his career, has one of his top passing yardage totals, ties his most TD passes and wins a Super Bowl. His QB rating was only his second one over 100 in his career. Now, Stafford has been a top 10 QB multiple times in his career, but he was top 5 that year and probably put himself in the conversation for the Hall of Fame when the time comes.