0 Wins vs a team with a winning record this season

Reaction score
If I count right, there are only 3 teams that have a winning record.

Minnesota, Green Bay and New Orleans.

So to say they haven't beaten any teams with a winning record is right, it's not like they have played that many to begin with.

Frankly, the Cowboys should have beat both Minnesota and New Orleans.

The NFL is starting to look more like the NBA with most games being decided in the last few minutes. The offense needs to be better at finishing and the defense needs to get better at closing.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
And how many if them lost to the Jets?

Cowboys still haven't beaten anybody.

I'm not claiming that they have. But given that each season is a very small sample size highly susceptible to random events, entire seasons come down to record in close games (which has proven to be luck-based in general). The Cowboys were 8-2 in 7 point games or less last season and 0-3 this season.

I think underlying basic and advanced stats tell you more about a team than the record itself does for this reason.

Qcard

Reaction score
Wins vs teams with winning record:
Bills - 0
Patriots - 1 (ironically the Bills)
Vikings - 2 (both 6-4 - us and the raiders)
49ers - 1 (6-4 rams)
Texans - 2 (both 6-4)
Colts - 2 (both 6-4)

Most playoff teams aren’t rolling over endless teams with winning records. The cowboys lost to 2 of the winning teams they faced by a combined 6 points. I think you’re confused about how the NFL works.
This post deserves 10,000 likes!!

Great Post sir!

Qcard

Reaction score
I dont know how to, but it was funny as hell. I hope everyone knows that it was a fake. Im no Bennett fan but I dont want people to misjudge him by this picture, LOL
I think most logical folks would know Bennett would be out of the league if he burned Old Glory in locker room.
But that is a great visual summation of Bennett "he's likely to do or say almost anything" in most people's minds.

I think the Bennett boys are the most misunderstood players in the NFL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Wins vs teams with winning record:
Bills - 0
Patriots - 1 (ironically the Bills)
Vikings - 2 (both 6-4 - us and the raiders)
49ers - 1 (6-4 rams)
Texans - 2 (both 6-4)
Colts - 2 (both 6-4)

Most playoff teams aren’t rolling over endless teams with winning records. The cowboys lost to 2 of the winning teams they faced by a combined 6 points. I think you’re confused about how the NFL works.

You win the Internet today

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate to see what Prescott's done to this fan base.

I don't remember a single disagreement before he arrived. It was just all compliments.

2 QB went down for the Cowboy Anti-Christ (Dak) to arrive on the scene as they say.
In his wake only waste land and misery will follow....

P.S. 24 years or 34 years we're pretty much used to being the new Cleveland Browns or Detroit Lions incognito all these years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
With the Eagles losing last week we have now officially not won 1 game vs a team with a winning record this season.

Impressive stuff Mr.Jones.....
look it doesnt work like that , when we beat them we added loss and they had a wining record when we beat them..

captain obvious theres only a bit 17 posts beating dead HORSE ON WHO WE HAVENT BEATEN YET..

its like this place needs to be reminded and what does all this venting and complaining do? does it miraculously change things? I choose to see the silver lining , its tarnished but we lost 4 games by a total of 15 points , we are in first place and if we can tighten things up win the division and limit mistakes we have shot..

the contact negativity in here is brutal.. Fans are supposed to at least be balanced but the hate and constant whining posts are just unnecessary..Im not happy but I refuse to join the constant bashing of players and team at this point.. save it until after the season when we actually have the final results..

erod

Reaction score
I'm not claiming that they have. But given that each season is a very small sample size highly susceptible to random events, entire seasons come down to record in close games (which has proven to be luck-based in general). The Cowboys were 8-2 in 7 point games or less last season and 0-3 this season.

I think underlying basic and advanced stats tell you more about a team than the record itself does for this reason.
Winning close game is not luck-based for truly good teams.

Average teams swap close games with each other. Elite teams win them most of the time. The Patriots, Seahawks, and Steelers have been doing it for years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I hate to see what Prescott's done to this fan base.

I don't remember a single disagreement before he arrived. It was just all compliments.
You weren't on the old boards. If so, you wouldn't say this. Guaranteed. It was constant war over there for years upon years.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Winning close game is not luck-based for truly good teams.

Average teams swap close games with each other. Elite teams win them most of the time. The Patriots, Seahawks, and Steelers have been doing it for years.

Cowboys were 10-3 in one score games last season. Lol.

Winning close games is very much luck based. Which makes sense if you use critical thinking, considering it can come down to one play, one flag, one blown call, one drop, etc. That's why most predictive stats for future team records closely analyze if a team over/under performed in one-score games.

Last edited:

Creeper

Reaction score
I forget who it was that said in baseball there are games you are going to lose that you are expected to win, games you are going to win when you were expected to lose and all the rest determine how you finish the year - or something like that. I think the same thing applies to most teams in football. Maybe its only one game, but there is a game you lose that you should win and a game you win that you should lose. The rest pretty much go as expected. The Cowboys lost to the Jets in a game they should have won easily. Maybe this is the game they win that they should lose. We let them play and see how it turns out. Anything can happen.