0 Wins vs a team with a winning record this season

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Winning close game is not luck-based for truly good teams.

Average teams swap close games with each other. Elite teams win them most of the time. The Patriots, Seahawks, and Steelers have been doing it for years.

This isn't true (with the exception of the Patriots). As with just about any statistic over the last 20 years, the Patriots are the greatest outlier/exception in sports history. Records in close games from 2014-2019:

Patriots - 21-9 (High win % = 100% this year so far, low = 60%, Median = 71%, 21% above expected 50%)
Steelers - 29-20 (High win % = 80%, low = 50%, Median = 56% --> 6% above expected)
Seahawks - 26-22 (High win % = 88%, low = 29%, Median = 50% --> 0% above expected)
Cowboys - 23-17 (High win % = 80%, low = 0% this year so far, Median = 61% --> 11% above expected)

Record in close games is extremely random year-over-year but over time usually ends up around 50%, which is the very definition of luck-based (with the exception of the Patriots as usual).

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This isn't true (with the exception of the Patriots). As with just about any statistic over the last 20 years, the Patriots are the greatest outlier/exception in sports history. Records in close games from 2014-2019:

Patriots - 21-9 (High win % = 100% this year so far, low = 60%, Median = 71%, 21% above expected 50%)
Steelers - 29-20 (High win % = 80%, low = 50%, Median = 56% --> 6% above expected)
Seahawks - 26-22 (High win % = 88%, low = 29%, Median = 50% --> 0% above expected)
Cowboys - 23-17 (High win % = 80%, low = 0% this year so far, Median = 61% --> 11% above expected)

Record in close games is extremely random year-over-year but over time usually ends up around 50%, which is the very definition of luck-based (with the exception of the Patriots as usual).

Incredible work.

I think we all recognize by now that @erod is a post and hope kind of poster. He throws out his own version of facts and just hopes that what he said is actually factual without any research done or backing to his claims. For those that have played video games is the equivalent to someone spraying and praying.

Pro Dak crowd is very data, facts, research, and stat driven.
Anti Dak crowd are post and hopers or trolls the majority of the time.

Harsh reality.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Incredible work.

I think we all recognize by now that @erod is a post and hope kind of poster. He throws out his own version of facts and just hopes that what he said is actually factual without any research done or backing to his claims. For those that have played video games is the equivalent to someone spraying and praying.

Pro Dak crowd is very data, facts, research, and stat driven.
Anti Dak crowd are hope post and hopers or trolls the majority of the time.

Harsh reality.
I've seen a bit of hyperbole by the pro crowd, but I agree w/ you, not all that much.

The anti Dak crowd often just flat out lies. Very strange bunch, especially since even w/ the hardest evaluation, Dak is at the barest minimum a good NFL QB. At this point, the argument on Dak is whether he's top 10 or top 15.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I've seen a bit of hyperbole by the pro crowd, but I agree w/ you, not all that much.

The anti Dak crowd often just flat out lies. Very strange bunch, especially since even w/ the hardest evaluation, Dak is at the barest minimum a good NFL QB. At this point, the argument on Dak is whether he's top 10 or top 15.

Yeah that's true. Good point KSK.

ESisback

Reaction score
With the Eagles losing last week we have now officially not won 1 game vs a team with a winning record this season.

Impressive stuff Mr.Jones.....

I understand being frustrated, by wanting more, by having concerns, but ALL YOU DO is complain. Is there ANYTHING about the Cowboys you like? Do you have ANY hope whatsoever? If not, why are you here? Being a fan normally means you enjoy the diversion. Lighten up, Francis!