$1 million to root for the Redsk*ns?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile;1443856 said:
Money simply isn't that important to me.

http://i6.***BLOCKED***/albums/y210/jarvman/Low_07_FLHRC_R_big.jpg

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Danny White;1443842 said:
My friends and I were debating this over lunch today...

How much money would it take for you to swear off your allegiance to the Cowboys and begin rooting for another team instead? In our conversation, the Redsk*ns were the team being proposed.

The dollar figure seemed to float between $50,000 on the low end and $1 million on the high end, depending on the circumstances.

I said that there's no way that $50,000 would do the job for me. Way too much of my personal happiness is tied to rooting for the Cowboys and against the Skins for me to give it up for that much. At the same time, I had to admit that it would be tough not to turn for a solid million bucks.

So I pose the question to the forum... Dan Snyder approaches you with his checkbook in hand. How much cold, hard cash will it take you to become a Redsk*ns fan?

i'd probably just quit watching football first.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile;1444032 said:
Schwing!!!

That is sex on wheels.

If Danny boy would buy me that, I would let his cheerleaders ride *****...

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
zrinkill;1443904 said:
What would any of you do if your Son or another close family member was drafted by the Skins?

Now that's actually a more realistic scenario than the one where Snyder can buy your loyalty. I think most of us would gladly take the money knowing deep down it wouldn't be genuine but where one would really feel torn would be the scenario that zrin just mentioned. To be honest, the most common response would be to root for your son to do well while hoping that the Skins continue to lose. That's how I would treat it anyway.

Here's a better one to consider:

Let's say that it's your dad/husband/brother that gets hired by Snyder to be the new coach for the Commanders. You realize like everyone else that a coach's success is based off of wins and losses followed closely by the "what have you done for us lately" mentality. And your dad/husband/brother is someone that you truly love and want to do well.

Would this be enough to convince you to root for the Commanders and really mean it?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Draegerman;1444057 said:
Heh...way to pull out the trump card, Jarv. ;)

A picture can only do soooo much.

We need sound effects on the forum !

Loud pipes guys !

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I've already made a million in my lifetime and am closing in on another million.

But, if Danny offers me the money, I'd take it, root for the Skins and give the money to world peace and to the gals at the Kitty Kat Club in West Dallas.

And secretly I would root for the Dallas Cowboys, the most glamorous and well-known team in the universe as we know it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Draegerman;1444057 said:
Heh...way to pull out the trump card, Jarv. ;)
That was dirty pool. Now I'm all Jonesing and actually trying to think about it.

:bang2:

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
zrinkill;1443904 said:
What would any of you do if your Son or another close family member was drafted by the Skins?

Don't worry, I'll be long gone before the Commanders actually have a draft pick. :laugh2:

Reaction score
Ya'll can say what you want, but for an extra $1 million, that I DON'T have to work for, call me what you want but I'll be a Deadskins fan for a year!

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1443877 said:
I would be willing to tell them what they want to hear but I don't think I could ever walk away from being a Cowboys fan, it is just what I am.
Same here.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1444118 said:
Ya'll can say what you want, but for an extra $1 million, that I DON'T have to work for, call me what you want but I'll be a Deadskins fan for a year!

It's not a deal for a year, it's a deal forever.

Consider it a deal with the devil...literally.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Jarv;1444017 said:

Hostile;1444032 said:
Schwing!!!

That is sex on wheels.

minus the saddle bags for lack of better terms

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Danny White;1443842 said:
Dan Snyder approaches you with his checkbook in hand. How much cold, hard cash will it take you to become a Redsk*ns fan?
Good question. I would tell him to put his checkbook away and have him ask me what I would accept as compensation.

If he said no deal, I would tell him to stick his checkbook where the sun doesn't shine. If he was stupid enough to agree, I would say that my price was ownership of his franchise.

If he were to completely lose his mind and handed his franchise over to me, I would sell off all holdings connected with his company/team (maybe sell the team itself to the CFL where it belongs). After the shock had worn off and he asked me why, I would calmly ask him, "What did you expect from a Cowboys fan"?

Of course, I would use some of his money on a defense team as protection against his breach of contract lawsuit. It'll be money well-invested.
Danny White;1443873 said:
The Redsk*ns hire your company as a consultant... your income is directly tied to the Redsk*n's success. How much of a financial difference would it have to make to you to make you start rooting for them?
None. If my company was driven to succeed, it will land enough clients to offset any profits lost from Snyder's Commander tainted paychecks.
zrinkill;1443904 said:
I would pray that he has a long career and hope that he becomes the best Commander player of all time. If he is smart enough, he'll leave them for the first team that'll reward him with a fat contract. If he's stupid, I'll look him up in a decade or so later. After all, he's family.
Draegerman;1444055 said:
Let's say that it's your dad/husband/brother that gets hired by Snyder to be the new coach for the Commanders. You realize like everyone else that a coach's success is based off of wins and losses followed closely by the "what have you done for us lately" mentality. And your dad/husband/brother is someone that you truly love and want to do well.

Would this be enough to convince you to root for the Commanders and really mean it?
Only a politician could fake that much sincerity. Nope. Couldn't do it. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. And nope.

This thread is making me feel very ill and sticky...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
i would take a million easily but then on the outside i would cheer for whichever team but on the inside i would always b a cowboy fan

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole thread is one big
190460.jpg

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
DallasEast;1444256 said:
This whole thread is one big
190460.jpg

That's a great comparison. That's exactly how I'd feel if I took Slimy Snyder's money.

I'd like to think no amount of money could make me betray my principles... and my hatred of all things burgandy and gold is one of my most treasured principles! :D

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ive rooted for the skins on many occasions........in fact i have also rooted for the eagles, niners, packers, steelers, etc......

anytime another team can help out the Cowboys by winning, I root for them...the instantly become my second favorite team for 3 hours.....and if they win, they stay that way for the next day or two.....then it's back to being a scumbag team....