$1 million to root for the Redsk*ns?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
My friends and I were debating this over lunch today...

How much money would it take for you to swear off your allegiance to the Cowboys and begin rooting for another team instead? In our conversation, the Redsk*ns were the team being proposed.

The dollar figure seemed to float between $50,000 on the low end and $1 million on the high end, depending on the circumstances.

I said that there's no way that $50,000 would do the job for me. Way too much of my personal happiness is tied to rooting for the Cowboys and against the Skins for me to give it up for that much. At the same time, I had to admit that it would be tough not to turn for a solid million bucks.

So I pose the question to the forum... Dan Snyder approaches you with his checkbook in hand. How much cold, hard cash will it take you to become a Redsk*ns fan?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I am not saying I could not be bought, but I don't think Snyder or even Bill Gates could afford it.

1fisher

Reaction score
that much money would be hard to turn down!!! I'd talk the skins up all week but root for the Cowboys on Sunday, secretely in my own home!:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
I'd say about tree-fitty. Me and the Loch Ness Monster could get some sweet swag.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Danny and Bug Eyed Vinny offered me a million for a three year deal.

I would demand a $15 mill signing bonus and at least $5 mill per year base salary.

I would tell them I refuse to adjust that total down the road to help them out with getting under the cap.

I would also tell them they would have to give up a player and a draft pick or two to the Dallas Cowboys.

:laugh2:

If all of those requirements were met I would sign for three years and haunt ES and be like a poster that is never happy with the team...you know the type. :laugh1:

I would be a closet Cowboys Fan posing as a skins fan. I would be like Wacky Ralph aka Scott David.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Danny White;1443842 said:

How much money would it take for you to swear off your allegiance to the Cowboys and begin rooting for another team instead? In our conversation, the Redsk*ns were the team being proposed.

The dollar figure seemed to float between $50,000 on the low end and $1 million on the high end, depending on the circumstances.

I said that there's no way that $50,000 would do the job for me. Way too much of my personal happiness is tied to rooting for the Cowboys and against the Skins for me to give it up for that much. At the same time, I had to admit that it would be tough not to turn for a solid million bucks.

So I pose the question to the forum... Dan Snyder approaches you with his checkbook in hand. How much cold, hard cash will it take you to become a Redsk*ns fan?

I would take the money and secretly cheer for the Cowboys. I would be the only skins fan smiling after the Cowboys kicked our butts. :lmao:

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Dan Snyder approaches you with his checkbook in hand. How much cold, hard cash will it take you to become a Redsk*ns fan?

I would have to be the billionaire that owns them$$$$$$$:starspin

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It depends upon how long.

And how much monitoring the other party could do in order to verify if I was lying.

Aikbach

Reaction score
I'd wear the burgandy and take the money but delight in their mishaps and clap when dallas won claiming it merely good sportsmanship on my part.:)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
for a million bucks I would get a tattoo of theisman on my butt cheek.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
To add a degree of realism to the debate (let's face it, Snyder isn't going to be approaching any of us with a suitcase full of cash anytime soon) we ended up with the following scenario:

The Redsk*ns hire your company as a consultant... your income is directly tied to the Redsk*n's success. How much of a financial difference would it have to make to you to make you start rooting for them?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Danny White;1443873 said:
To add a degree of realism to the debate (let's face it, Snyder isn't going to be approaching any of us with a suitcase full of cash anytime soon) we ended up with the following scenario:

The Redsk*ns hire your company as a consultant... your income is directly tied to the Redsk*n's success. How much of a financial difference would it have to make to you to make you start rooting for them?

Not much.

There is business and there is personal.

That's business.

I've had to root for Commanders in fantasy football before.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would be willing to tell them what they want to hear but I don't think I could ever walk away from being a Cowboys fan, it is just what I am.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Danny White;1443873 said:

Okay, this I actually can address. My Mom used to work for a newspaper owned by Jack Kent Cooke. One year (after Super Bowl XXVI) he cancelled all Christmas bonuses because of the lavish party he threw to celebrate their triumph. I can honestly tell you that if the Commanders had fans at that newspaper they wouldn't have dared announce it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I'd take the mil, root for the Skins for a couple of months, and then leave the country

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1443858 said:
I would take the money and secretly cheer for the Cowboys. I would be the only skins fan smiling after the Cowboys kicked our butts. :lmao:

:lmao2: :lmao:

juck

Reaction score

who is that in ur avatar?thats crazy.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score

I'm a fan everytime he brings out the checkbook.