1 Player who is standing out, 1 Player who isn't?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Sitting around thinking about players on this team and the success they've had, while others on this team who may have taken a slump for whatever reason. Please as the topic states, give 1 player who is standing out, then one who may be not standing out as expected. I'll start

Stand out player= Tyler Smith, who thought when we drafted him that he'd be this good. They've put a lot on his plate, and he's handled it well!! I can see him getting a huge payday, and being all pro for many years!!

Player who isn't standing out-I'd say Jourdan Lewis,he hasn't been horrible, just hasn't been anything great, I think I was expecting more, I like how savvy he is etc. There's still time left with him this season, I'm not sure he's on this team next season. Please give your thoughts, come up with your own thoughts!!!

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
you expect more from Lewis based off of what? He doin exactly what he was doin before the injury. He had this rep as a solid nickel back for whatever reason I can’t understand: he’s never been anything more than average as his position and that’s being generous. hes not quick, he’s not tall. He gets beat in any type of coverage. The only thing n give him credit for is he’s willing to stick his head in there for the tackle(usually after he gets beat for the reception but he doesn’t shy away from contact)

Einstein

Reaction score
For me the standout guy has been CeeDee... currently playing as well as any other WR in the league.

The one who hasn't is probably Steele... maybe it is due to returning from the injury, but his play has seemed below the level he was at pre-injury.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Stand out: Demarcus Lawrence. This has been the first season IMO where his contract was justified despite not having double digit sacks.

Non-standout: Sam Williams. I saw that impressive chart detailing how great the Cowboys’ 2022 draft class was, and I couldn’t help but notice that the second round pick may for the umpteenth time be the class’s weakest link.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
For me the standout guy has been CeeDee... currently playing as well as any other WR in the league.

The one who hasn't is probably Steele... maybe it is due to returning from the injury, but his play has seemed below the level he was at pre-injury.
I feel like with this team a guy who comes back from an ACL injury, they needs at least 2 years to be what they used to be or close

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
you expect more from Lewis based off of what? He doin exactly what he was doin before the injury. He had this rep as a solid nickel back for whatever reason I can’t understand: he’s never been anything more than average as his position and that’s being generous. hes not quick, he’s not tall. He gets beat in any type of coverage. The only thing n give him credit for is he’s willing to stick his head in there for the tackle(usually after he gets beat for the reception but he doesn’t shy away from contact)
I'm sorry this didn't please you, but it was MY opinion, there were several others I wanted to choose, but he just happened to be the scapegoat of this GREAT defense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Stand out: Demarcus Lawrence. This has been the first season IMO where his contract was justified despite not having double digit sacks.

Non-standout: Sam Williams. I saw that impressive chart detailing how great the Cowboys’ 2022 draft class was, and I couldn’t help but notice that the second round pick may for the umpteenth time be the class’s weakest link.
why do we even use 2nd round picks lol might as well package them and move up in the first or something

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Standout: Hankins, probably the best 1 tech in the Dan Quinn era. I know that is not saying much. :laugh:

Player that has not stood out/disappointment: Donovan Wilson. We paid him but I think our back up safeties would play just as well.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Standout: Hankins, probably the best 1 tech in the Dan Quinn era. I know that is not saying much. :laugh:

Player that has not stood out/disappointment: Donovan Wilson. We paid him but I think our back up safeties would play just as well.
very good picks on both, seems like when we pay players they they, never mind!!!! Yes Hanks has been amazing in there!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score

First season you've paid attention, apparently.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Not that Lamb is a shocker, but I'm not sure anyone knew this deep into the year he'd be third in the league in yards. He's been super impressive.

The Michigan boys are my disappointments. All 3 of them. Didn't expect much from any of the 3, but they've all underdelivered (Lewis, Mazi, Schoon)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not that Lamb is a shocker, but I'm not sure anyone knew this deep into the year he'd be third in the league in yards. He's been super impressive.

The Michigan boys are my disappointments. All 3 of them. Didn't expect much from any of the 3, but they've all underdelivered (Lewis, Mazi, Schoon)
Two are rookies and one coming off injury….i expected it I just thought Bland was our nickel so it didn’t matter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He’s made plays throughout his career. Nickel corner….its always one of those positions that will be overly criticized….give up 2 catches and fans freak out lol.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Steele just needs to focus on maintaining contact.

CCBoy

Reaction score

I don't agree here. Two rookies just getting into the zone where they should start showing up and play adequately in most situations.

CCBoy

Reaction score

There are two pretty strong defensive tackles now, and not depending on the rook.