1 Player who is standing out, 1 Player who isn't?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Standout: Bell. No one saw that coming. Has been a life saver with all the LB/S injuries and letdowns.
Standdown: Sam Williams. Getting better though. I do it to myself. I had him pegged for a season like Dorrance Armstrong did the other year. Kid impressed me many times last year. I thought he would be at same point Fergy is right now.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Standout: Bell. No one saw that coming. Has been a life saver with all the LB/S injuries and letdowns.
Standdown: Sam Williams. Getting better though. I do it to myself. I had him pegged for a season like Dorrance Armstrong did the other year. Kid impressed me many times last year. I thought he would be at same point Fergy is right now.
I don't know something about him last season beginning of this season just spoke to me saying "rotational player" for his career

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Standout - DaRon Bland. Yes obvious, as I think most knew he was good in his role. But when Diggs went down, many also seemed to think, oh no, who will step up. Well bland has.

Standdown - I would say Pollard, but the last couple of games he has really come on to play like we expected. So not him. I will say the TE's as a group. As to me their overall impact is not what I thought they would be. Not horrible, but not dominating either.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's too easy to find someone that stands out. You might ask which stands out the most and you'll get a decent 20 page debate.

Someone that did not standout? My first thought is every rookie drafted rookie. Some didn't get the opportunity, but the fact remains, they didn't stand out.

My next thought goes to the O-linemen decorating injured reserve, guys like Waletzko and Ball.

Finally, Malik Hooker seems to have disappeared. Last season he had 3 INT's and returned a fumble for a TD. He had a couple tackles for a loss. This season he's been average.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Standout - DaRon Bland. Yes obvious, as I think most knew he was good in his role. But when Diggs went down, many also seemed to think, oh no, who will step up. Well bland has.

Standdown - I would say Pollard, but the last couple of games he has really come on to play like we expected. So not him. I will say the TE's as a group. As to me their overall impact is not what I thought they would be. Not horrible, but not dominating either.
With Pollard, he's starting to feel the flame under his butt and career.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
you expect more from Lewis based off of what? He doin exactly what he was doin before the injury. He had this rep as a solid nickel back for whatever reason I can’t understand: he’s never been anything more than average as his position and that’s being generous. hes not quick, he’s not tall. He gets beat in any type of coverage. The only thing n give him credit for is he’s willing to stick his head in there for the tackle(usually after he gets beat for the reception but he doesn’t shy away from contact)
I was really down on Lewis earlier this season, and wanted to bench him, however, these last few weeks, I've seen some improvement, and he does have a competitive fire. Maybe he is getting more comfortable coming off the injury. I would say a he a high-end JAG.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I was really down on Lewis earlier this season, and wanted to bench him, however, these last few weeks, I've seen some improvement, and he does have a competitive fire. Maybe he is getting more comfortable coming off the injury. I would say a he a high-end JAG.
People who bag on Lewis have no realistic expectations for a slot CB.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

good points

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
so because they're playing slot, they can't excel??
He's an average slot CB. Doesn't matter if they're slot our outside, the #3 CB on every team gets beat all the time.

Expecting 3 corners to excel is unrealistic. He's an average #3 who is going to struggle against teams with depth at receiver (like Philly) and look good against teams with poor passing offenses, like NYG.

Slot CBs also have much more difficult coverage responsibilities because they have to defend option routes and can't play with leverage. Even elite CBs would get constantly beat in the slot, like Sauce.

0 chance for the CB on this route

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Player that has not stood out/disappointment: Donovan Wilson. We paid him but I think our back up safeties would play just as well.
This right here. Wilson has been flat out bad for most of the year and really isn’t making any plays. The fact Dallas paid him just adds insult to injury.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Standout- Brandon Aubrey and yes I saw all 3 missed extra pts. but I'll gladly take the automatic 3 pts. Lots of standouts but this has to be the biggest surprise.
Standown- The O-line with maybe one exception- LG

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He's not better this year than he has been, is the point.

This is probably his least-effective year.
But he is getting paid less after he took the paycut, making his play justify his pay

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, this is absolutely his best season since 14.5 sacks. Hes been borderline elite this year