1 reason why Dallas will sign Earl Thomas

GMO415

Reaction score
Sign him and McCoy from Tampa and we're in it too win it.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If he does sign here hopefully he can stay on the field.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Franchise Tag for Safties is only 11m

That bodes well for negotiations with EThomas

I say 3/27m with another 6m in incentives

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
If they can get him for the right price, AFTER they sign our own vital FA’s. I’d also try to land the run stuffing, space eating DT we need. Plus, Collins might be a better option (younger).

Agree. I like ET but his injury bug lately.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Like, how can he NOT be a Dallas Cowboy this coming season lol

I agree he likely will be a Cowboy but if they find they can sign Landon Collins for the same amount or just a little more, they might decide to do that instead. He’s younger and it would weaken a division rival. Just a thought.
Well Collins isn't good...so there's that.

The Cowboys can't cause turnovers and ET causes a ton of them. That's really the only reason that matters. He had 3 INTs in 4 games last year. The entire Cowboys secondary had 6. Demarcus Lawrence had as many INTs as all but 1 of our secondary players.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Franchise Tag for Safties is only 11m

That bodes well for negotiations with EThomas

I say 3/27m with another 6m in incentives
I think that's pretty much spot on, especially if a good chunk is guaranteed.

The Eric Weddle contract is a pretty good starting point and he got 4x$26.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like the idea of adding ET.

But, we got gashed up the middle in games that mattered. The Rams killed us up the middle and outside. We desperately need a huge, tough 1T to attack the run AND
apply double team pressure up the middle. I do like the idea of adding a great FS, but only after addressing the 1T position.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Why can't we just draft a young guy with instincts in the 2nd round? Or are there only 50 or so players worth getting in the draft and no one is worth our pick?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas offered a 2nd rounder for ET less than 6 months ago. I think they’ll be very interested in a deal. And if Earl is serious about playing for Dallas, he’ll make some contract concessions.

It’s as good as a done deal. Only way he goes elsewhere is if someone offers stupid money. And no one is likely to do that coming off two serious injuries.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Create turnovers, thump, AND cover? So the most perfect safety ever.

Also Earl doesnt thump
I beg to differ. Don’t mistake his lack of size for lack of impact. Go watch any highlight reel of his. His only questions are recent injury history and is Father Time catching up with him. On the field, the desire to hit, cover, and Football IQ are there.