News: 10 Worst NFC East contracts

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
see, there you go again...and again, I have to include this disclaimer, that by mentioning the QB I am not comparing, mere bring forth facts....your expectations are that in 5 years he had won and MVP or Superbowl. so how many top 10 QBs? and will all of them make it to those awards? and if not are they not deserving? and if they get one of those, does it mean that for the rest of their careers they are exempt from any criticism and get a pass?

and further more...just because they didn't win it in 5 years, doesn't mean they won't or that they are not capable to do so. Manning was 0-4 for his first 6 years in the playoffs. Stafford in 12 years is 0-3. what would be your judgement for those QBs after 6 years and 12 years?

and I agree, I think this is where you and I are in agreement that right now he is "Tony Romo". Full of potential. defintley capable. but hasn't done it yet. will he? we shall wait and see. however, then we differ that I think he is capable and gives us the best chance. you tend to scruitinize two games, the Jets game and the Philly game and make a conclusion based on those two games.

and I don't put QBs who have delivered above criticism. Wilson led seattle to a superbowl win and another superbowl. but he had Lynch and Great defense. since the great defense and lynch are not there, Wilson hasn't had any success. in fact he has had 1 playoff win in 5 years. so should I assume based on your statement Wilson gets a pass for the rest of his career?

and I hope we see Dak perform this season. unlike you I don't put all the losses on Dak. and unlike you I don't scrutinize every loss and completely ignore the wins. I don't demand perfection. no QB is perfect.
I have high expectations, not just for Dak, but anybody that would play QB for the Cowboys. Maybe you don't, but I do.

You're right, just because they've not won anything in 5 years doesn't mean they won't. I'm not judging Dak on what he MIGHT do. I judge him on what he has done.

My judgement for Manning would have been the same for Dak. Hey, those are pretty numbers, but where's the wins? Stafford is in the same boat, nice numbers, but where's the wins?

You're also right about not putting QBs who have won above criticism. I'm saying that it's a different type of criticism when you have proven that you can win as opposed to having 1 Wild Card win. It's a lot harder to say things like "See, Rodgers just can't get it done" when he has proven that he, in fact, can get it done. Dak has not proven that yet.

You're just going to have to accept that I have high expectations. That's just how I am wired as a fan of the team. It's been a quarter of a century, but I'm still not at the point where I willingly accept mediocrity. Anything less then a Super Bowl for the team is failure every year. Dak may be the most skillful QB in Cowboys history, and that's cute and all, but until he wins something he is just another Tony Romo.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
like I said in my post, Rodgers, Mahomes can't go wrong with either. I just think Hill, Kelce, the OL and their RBs are all better than what Rodgers has had.

Mahomes has had a weak rushing attack for two years. I thought their top draft pick would change that, but he didnt do well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have high expectations, not just for Dak, but anybody that would play QB for the Cowboys. Maybe you don't, but I do.

You're right, just because they've not won anything in 5 years doesn't mean they won't. I'm not judging Dak on what he MIGHT do. I judge him on what he has done.

My judgement for Manning would have been the same for Dak. Hey, those are pretty numbers, but where's the wins? Stafford is in the same boat, nice numbers, but where's the wins?

You're also right about not putting QBs who have won above criticism. I'm saying that it's a different type of criticism when you have proven that you can win as opposed to having 1 Wild Card win. It's a lot harder to say things like "See, Rodgers just can't get it done" when he has proven that he, in fact, can get it done. Dak has not proven that yet.

You're just going to have to accept that I have high expectations. That's just how I am wired as a fan of the team. It's been a quarter of a century, but I'm still not at the point where I willingly accept mediocrity. Anything less then a Super Bowl for the team is failure every year. Dak may be the most skillful QB in Cowboys history, and that's cute and all, but until he wins something he is just another Tony Romo.

Your expectations arent higher than anyone else on here. Certainly not mine. Dak lived up to those when he led the #1 offense in NFL history before he got hurt last year. Averaging 370 yards passing per game and 32 points per game.

Not Dak's fault we didnt win those games. He was the best player for the Cowboys and was the biggest reason they actually had a shot in all of them.

Anyone that blames Dak for those losses is just football dumb.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Your expectations arent higher than anyone else on here. Certainly not mine. Dak lived up to those when he led the #1 offense in NFL history before he got hurt last year. Averaging 370 yards passing per game and 32 points per game.

Not Dak's fault we didnt win those games. He was the best player for the Cowboys and was the biggest reason they actually had a shot in all of them.

Anyone that blames Dak for those losses is just football dumb.
Thank you for responding to a post that wasn't even replying to you. I appreciate your insight even when it wasn't asked for.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I think we agree on most, but slightly different views. with that Said, its about a QBs ability and potential to get it done. Dilfer got it done.does it him a better QB than Marino? and equal to Brees and Rodgers? Grossman and Garoppolo got to the superbowl. would you take them over Josh Allen and Deshan Watson? there is some subjective analysis and expectations for each QB. experts are expected to be able to make those calls and projections.

and my expectations aren't any lower than yours. I want superbowl for the cowboys. nothing less.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah it’s moronic to even put Dak on there when he hasn’t even played a snap under the deal smh.
Doesn't matter if you like Dak or hate Dak he is overpaid. His contract should of been more in line with Wentz. And it doesn't matter that Wentz was cut. The contract he was given was assuming he was a franchise QB. There are probably 10 QBs that most GMs around the league would take over Dak. I think his contract was a terrible move for any QB that isn't considered elite.

Hadenough

Reaction score
One question:

Who was leading the league last year in passing before he got hurt? Brees? Rodgers? Mahomes?
Those guys all won SBs and performed on the biggest stage. Dak has been way too inconsistent to win anything.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Those guys all won SBs and performed on the biggest stage. Dak has been way too inconsistent to win anything.

They also had defenses that weren’t setting records for futility.

How did Dak’s stats compare with Aaron Rodgers’ when they met in the playoffs?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you like Dak or hate Dak he is overpaid. His contract should of been more in line with Wentz. And it doesn't matter that Wentz was cut. The contract he was given was assuming he was a franchise QB. There are probably 10 QBs that most GMs around the league would take over Dak. I think his contract was a terrible move for any QB that isn't considered elite.
Wentz was the worst starting quarterback in the league last year.....like I said above he hasn’t even played a down under the new contract to say if it’s bad.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wentz was the worst starting quarterback in the league last year.....like I said above he hasn’t even played a down under the new contract to say if it’s bad.
I was using Wentz as an example not to compare. When Wentz was given that contract they thought he was a franchise QB for a while. Dak was given his contract in hopes that he will be the same. That's just too much money and than you throw in that nasty injury and fans better pray he comes back normal because you know he's not coming back better. JMO but I think it's a terrible contract for the Cowboys and dream come true for Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I was using Wentz as an example not to compare. When Wentz was given that contract they thought he was a franchise QB for a while. Dak was given his contract in hopes that he will be the same. That's just too much money and than you throw in that nasty injury and fans better pray he comes back normal because you know he's not coming back better. JMO but I think it's a terrible contract for the Cowboys and dream come true for Dak.
That's fine. I think the Cowboys aren't a very good football team but I can't say they will be bad next season because the season hasn't even been played yet.

Wentz got paid because the Eagles sacrificed far more draft capital in him then anyone else just like Jared Goff. So they signed them early to what they considered to be bargain deals. Had they waited on Wentz he would've showed them what he truly was.

Think its premature to say Dak can't get better. Quarterbacks get better with each year in the league especially the good ones.