News: 10 Worst NFC East contracts

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
but I am 100% sure if we do go 14-3 and find post season success, you will credit the coach, the OC, the WRs, the TEs, the OL, zeke, section 403 row D, the janitor, the security guards, and say Dak doesn't deserve it, anyone could have done it...

tell me I am wrong..
You can think whatever you, but you don't know me and you really shouldn't predict how I would act.

I give praise where it is warranted. If Dak is throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs and we win then how would I deny that?

I'm not like some of these fans you argue you with on here. I give credit where it is due and when it is deserved. I don't, however, give out participation trophies for empty stats.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I welcome him to prove me wrong.

The thing is, it seems your opinions on Dak are concrete and set in stone, but mine can change if the success on the field warrants that.

The thing is, it seems your opinions on Dak are concrete and set in stone, but mine can change if the failures on the field warrants that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You can think whatever you, but you don't know me and you really shouldn't predict how I would act.

I give praise where it is warranted. If Dak is throwing for 400 yards and 4 TDs and we win then how would I deny that?

I'm not like some of these fans you argue you with on here. I give credit where it is due and when it is deserved. I don't, however, give out participation trophies for empty stats.
but if the offense performs, and defense doesn't you have been on record blaming Dak for the loss. so in essence, I do my job. but the rest of the team or coach doesn't. I am still at fault. that's what you have done. and you have flip flopped. you clearly in multiple posts have pointed to wins/losses and Dak, then in another post mention the defense isn't good, the coach wasn't good, but I still blame Dak.

in essence, you just want to blame Dak.

I will wait and see when we do have success, if you will be man of your words and give credit as you have said you would. or you will try to spin it and not give credit.....time will tell. internet doesn't forget :)

Reactions: CWR

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
but if the offense performs, and defense doesn't you have been on record blaming Dak for the loss. so in essence, I do my job. but the rest of the team or coach doesn't. I am still at fault. that's what you have done. and you have flip flopped. you clearly in multiple posts have pointed to wins/losses and Dak, then in another post mention the defense isn't good, the coach wasn't good, but I still blame Dak.

I will wait and see when we do have success, if you will be man of your words and give credit as you have said you would. or you will try to spin it and not give credit.....time will tell. internet doesn't forget :)
If Dak does more the first 3 quarters and we still lose then I will have no hill to stand on.

The following quote is straight from the game recap article on ESPN from after the Browns game, so it's not just me who can see through the pretty stats.

"Dak Prescott had his first 500-yard game, throwing for 502 yards and four touchdowns while becoming the first NFL quarterback with at least 450 yards passing in three straight games.
Prescott set that record because the Cowboys (1-3) have played from way behind three straight weeks, in part because of turnovers by him. He five the past two games."

Dak playing well for the whole game will help the defense stay off thew field. The constant 3 and outs, turnovers on offense, and always giving the opponents good field position because you're not moving ball really hurts the defense.

I hope to hear ya say "I told ya so" and we can enjoy the ride of a great season together, but save it until those stats equal wins.

visionary

Reaction score

he “should be a man of his word” and give Dak credit when the team has success but you don’t hold Dak accountable when the team does not have success.

that sure sounds fair

:laugh::laugh:

you’re just another Dak jock sniffer

garyo1954

Reaction score
I don't have to correct a claim I never disputed. My point was you don't need to win a super bowl to be in the HOF as a QB. You pointed out 5. I then pointed to two others that don't need a SB on their record to be in the HOF. Is Sonny Jurgensen in the HOF? I'll have to check. But I don't believe he won anything.

Jurgenson was on the 1960 NFL Champion Philadelphia Eagles. Same as any other QB who won a Championship before there was a Super Bowl.
Rather than continue, let's just agree that 1) Rodgers and Brees aren't in the Hall yet, 2) they both have a Super Bowl win, which makes the point an exercise a futility.

Fact: There are only 2 QBs in the Hall who never won, or even made it to the Super Bowl during the Super Bowl era. Moon and Fouts.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he “should be a man of his word” and give Dak credit when the team has success but you don’t hold Dak accountable when the team does not have success.

that sure sounds fair

:laugh::laugh:

you’re just another Dak jock sniffer
oh, on the contrary I have. I have criticized Dak for his short comings and his failures. but what I have argued about is dispeling the myths of why some of the dak detractors blame him or their incorrect logic. I have given ample opportunity for most to respond and they always go back to rhetoric and meaningless drivel.

and given your last sentence, I know which group you fall into

you are done!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dak does more the first 3 quarters and we still lose then I will have no hill to stand on.

The following quote is straight from the game recap article on ESPN from after the Browns game, so it's not just me who can see through the pretty stats.

"Dak Prescott had his first 500-yard game, throwing for 502 yards and four touchdowns while becoming the first NFL quarterback with at least 450 yards passing in three straight games.
Prescott set that record because the Cowboys (1-3) have played from way behind three straight weeks, in part because of turnovers by him. He five the past two games."

Dak playing well for the whole game will help the defense stay off thew field. The constant 3 and outs, turnovers on offense, and always giving the opponents good field position because you're not moving ball really hurts the defense.

I hope to hear ya say "I told ya so" and we can enjoy the ride of a great season together, but save it until those stats equal wins.
and I have proven that 3 quarter thing to be total myth. I provided the rankings (as you seem to like rankings) for offense and defense and it was clear that offense was average to above average for first 3 quarters and defense was below average to average....you have often blamed dak and offense for not scoring every opportunity and every drive, blaming them for incompetency of the defense. you used (or perhaps one of your colleagues, cohorts) Cleveland game as an example and placed entire season and career based on one game. the fact is that dallas offense hasn't been the issue, its the defense that has consistently ranked.

and I also found it funny, that you used defensive rankings as a means to prove defense was good in 2019 and in the very next breath dismiss Dak's offensive rankings and performance in the same season. seemingly the measuring stick changes depending on the argument you try to make.

and I am not dismissing the high yardage totals you put fort. as a matter fact I really appreciate it. it perfectly points to a defense incapable of holding anyone back, giving up 37+ points per game and thus putting the onus on the offense to score every drive, and score in bunches and try to win in shoot outs....thus you see the high yardage and high offensive outputs....my preference would be for the defense to show some competency. hold opponents. and for us to run the ball in the fourth preserving the leads....as a matter of fact, dallas defense ranked 32nd, 32nd, 32nd in 1st, 2nd and half time scores in the first 5 game of NFL in 2020.

Dak not having to play metal to the pedal would be a good strategy, thus not being forced to score 40+ pts a game to compete would be nice

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
and I have proven that 3 quarter thing to be total myth. I provided the rankings (as you seem to like rankings) for offense and defense and it was clear that offense was average to above average for first 3 quarters and defense was below average to average....you have often blamed dak and offense for not scoring every opportunity and every drive, blaming them for incompetency of the defense. you used (or perhaps one of your colleagues, cohorts) Cleveland game as an example and placed entire season and career based on one game. the fact is that dallas offense hasn't been the issue, its the defense that has consistently ranked.

and I also found it funny, that you used defensive rankings as a means to prove defense was good in 2019 and in the very next breath dismiss Dak's offensive rankings and performance in the same season. seemingly the measuring stick changes depending on the argument you try to make.

and I am not dismissing the high yardage totals you put fort. as a matter fact I really appreciate it. it perfectly points to a defense incapable of holding anyone back, giving up 37+ points per game and thus putting the onus on the offense to score every drive, and score in bunches and try to win in shoot outs....thus you see the high yardage and high offensive outputs....my preference would be for the defense to show some competency. hold opponents. and for us to run the ball in the fourth preserving the leads....as a matter of fact, dallas defense ranked 32nd, 32nd, 32nd in 1st, 2nd and half time scores in the first 5 game of NFL in 2020.

Dak not having to play metal to the pedal would be a good strategy, thus not being forced to score 40+ pts a game to compete would be nice
You're wasting word words, friend.

Dak can change my mind, not you.

visionary

Reaction score
oh, on the contrary I have. I have criticized Dak for his short comings and his failures. but what I have argued about is dispeling the myths of why some of the dak detractors blame him or their incorrect logic. I have given ample opportunity for most to respond and they always go back to rhetoric and meaningless drivel.

and given your last sentence, I know which group you fall into

you are done!

show me your posts critical of Dak for asking for 42 million per year while winning 1 playoff game in 5 years otherwise just slink off in the corner with your Dak strap

Praxit

Reaction score
...Zeke situation makes Dallas look bad. Hope he has monster year.

kskboys

Reaction score
No way you can do a top 10 worst contracts w/o naming Jaylon. Jaylon's contract is worse than EZ's.

Redline360

Reaction score
Dlaw
Zeke
Jaylon

All terrible contracts

Dak may go down as the worst gamble in history when its all said and done. But God I hope not

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys can change my mind. I don't put all the responsibility on one person and one player...unlike you
No, but you do take an awful lot of responsibility away from the most important player on the entire team though.

I just want the 2nd highest paid player ever to be consistent in all 4 quarter. I believe if he does that then it will make everybody's, including the defenses, job a whole lot easier.

I don't think that's a big ask from the QB.