Recap: 103.3 Cowlishaw & Mosley On Dak Today

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I think Blitzing Dak will be more dicey than blitzing Romo,he can take off and he is a very accurate screen thrower.If i was the DC i would play coverage and make him beat them in the pocket on 3rd downs.

I doubt the blitzes will give him running lanes.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
I still don't get the love fest for a rookie who hasn't taken a single snap in a regular season game.

Here HERE....it's almost laughable. BTW it's KIRK Cousins not Kurt. Everyone will know his name after this year because he's going to have a great year again. That said, I hope the Cowboys win both games vs. the Foreskins. My head says Dallas goes 8-8 and Wash. goes 11-5. Hope I'm wrong but Washington is solid. We are in a constant state of flux.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
"Exotic blitzes" -- the new media buzz word to discredit excellent play by a rookie quarterback.

Here's the thing -- if our offensive line doesn't see the "exotic blitz" coming, it won't matter. Tony Romo's broken a collarbone twice from "non-exotic" pass rushes.

Exactly. Exotic...schmexmotic. We are still full go.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
If you want to pretend that there is not a significant increase in difficulty from college to the pros then have at it.

No Fuzzy. I'm not saying that at all. Only stupid people pretend that there isn't a significant increase in complexity and talent from college to NFL. I'd like to think I'm not stupid.. Having said that, he has seen these blitzes in college. Remember, he is from the SEC which sports mostly pro-style offenses and defenses. So he is better prepared than many others. Also, if you don't think he is getting force fed blitz recognition drills and filmwork from the moment Tony went down, your fooling yourself. Do I think he is going to be as good as Tony? No but I don't think a lot of current pro's are as good as Tony so.. there ya go. I think that he is going to have bumps and bruises but they won't happen as much as your typical rookie qb.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No Fuzzy. I'm not saying that at all. Only stupid people pretend that there isn't a significant increase in complexity and talent from college to NFL. I'd like to think I'm not stupid.. Having said that, he has seen these blitzes in college. Remember, he is from the SEC which sports mostly pro-style offenses and defenses. So he is better prepared than many others. Also, if you don't think he is getting force fed blitz recognition drills and filmwork from the moment Tony went down, your fooling yourself. Do I think he is going to be as good as Tony? No but I don't think a lot of current pro's are as good as Tony so.. there ya go. I think that he is going to have bumps and bruises but they won't happen as much as your typical rookie qb.

Sorry but the SEC does not sport pro style offenses. The spread is what it is. The school that actually runs pro style offense and defense is OSU. Further the run first style of schools like AL and LSU really has few analogues in the NFL. Teams like GA, Miss, and Dak's alma mater are even more archaic. Dak didn't even play pro style by his own admission until his senior season.

The SEC like the rest of NCAA creates offense and defense with a mind towards exploiting mismatches. Shotgun ad nauseum. That is not possible in the NFL due to parity. Further NCAA teams spend a lot more time teaching fundamentals as opposed to tactics and strategy because of high turnover and the point on the development cycle.

I don't really buy into the ESPN fed SEC hype. The lines are big and on average there perhaps better athletes but it's not like they run special offense and defense.

Dak has never had an NFL team gameplan him.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Sorry but the SEC does not sport pro style offenses. The spread is what it is. The school that actually runs pro style offense and defense is OSU. Further the run first style of schools like AL and LSU really has few analogues in the NFL. Teams like GA, Miss, and Dak's alma mater are even more archaic. Dak didn't even play pro style by his own admission until his senior season.

The SEC like the rest of NCAA creates offense and defense with a mind towards exploiting mismatches. Shotgun ad nauseum. That is not possible in the NFL due to parity. Further NCAA teams spend a lot more time teaching fundamentals as opposed to tactics and strategy because of high turnover and the point on the development cycle.

I don't really buy into the ESPN fed SEC hype. The lines are big and on average there perhaps better athletes but it's not like they run special offense and defense.

Dak has never had an NFL team gameplan him.
There was a blurb in the "smartest qb in the rookie class" thread where he said that the offense they ran at school was virtually a pro-offense. Did you not see that or are you disagreeing with him?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
There was a blurb in the "smartest qb in the rookie class" thread where he said that the offense they ran at school was virtually a pro-offense. Did you not see that or are you disagreeing with him?

His final year he finally started running a pro offense. Did you read what I said? Even then it is not like he operated under center doing so. Until he expands his game tendencies are going to be easy to see just by how he lines up.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Is that your pitbull. Beautiful. I am a pitbull owner and lover.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
His final year he finally started running a pro offense. Did you read what I said? Even then it is not like he operated under center doing so. Until he expands his game tendencies are going to be easy to see just by how he lines up.
Fuzzy, I'm not sure when I pissed in your weaties but you and I have always gotten along so I'm going to say I disagree with you and leave it alone. Enjoy the game tonight.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yep she's my baby. Spoiled like my actual daughter! :D
I have a male and 2 females presently. Fantastic dogs. Sweet as sugar. Great family dogs and loyal. I love them too much. I will send you some pics by and by. The male is a beauty. Thanks for sharing that great picture.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I have a male and 2 females presently. Fantastic dogs. Sweet as sugar. Great family dogs and loyal. I love them too much. I will send you some pics by and by. The male is a beauty. Thanks for sharing that great picture.
Very cool

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Fuzzy, I'm not sure when I pissed in your weaties but you and I have always gotten along so I'm going to say I disagree with you and leave it alone. Enjoy the game tonight.

I'm fine, holmes. I'm not mad, I just don't agree that NCAA football prepares QBs for the NFL. There are maybe a half dozen that have played well their rookie years in the past 10 years.

Going to watch the game. Hope all is well.