Recap: 103.3 Cowlishaw & Mosley On Dak Today

jrumann59

Reaction score
True, all he could do so far is play in the preseason but he also got benched in every preseason game he's played. He hasn't finished one of them. It's embarrassing.

8c3a8c91e5ee54b920f5065ed1f04b75.jpg

chagus

Reaction score
Honestly, when I watched Grudens QB camp, Dak was the QB I was least impressed with. Now, I'm no talent evaluater by any means but I do believe that show could have influenced some folks as far as Daks draft board rating was concerned. Just my two wooden cents worth.

T-RO

Reaction score
"Exotic blitzes" -- the new media buzz word to discredit excellent play by a rookie quarterback.

Here's the thing -- if our offensive line doesn't see the "exotic blitz" coming, it won't matter. Tony Romo's broken a collarbone twice from "non-exotic" pass rushes.

Don't be so fragile.

I've heard "exotic blitzed" in all kinds of contexts about all kinds of players for 10-20 years. But it has been known for eternity that rookies are often destroyed by blitzing...esp. ones where you can't easily get a pre-snap read of where it's coming from. It's hard enough for veterans...brutal on rookies.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
wait, you will be branded a non-Cowboy fan. How dare you not be a homer!

Meh. I'm used to that. I said in another post I just wanted to see him play in a real game before crowning him Unitas Jr. I even commented that he did look good when he played.

Funny how no one touched that post but crawled all over the other one.

acr731

Reaction score
With this logic no one should ever be excited about any draft pick since they've only played against college players.

* sigh *

Look at the post right above yours. I went a little further into my reasoning on page 4 of this thread. Not surprising that the second post has been totally ignored.

acr731

Reaction score
lol, niicccceee

I wonder if I should be offended by jday's insinuation.

Nah, not worth the effort. Why worry what faceless, anonymous people think or say?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
* sigh *

Look at the post right above yours. I went a little further into my reasoning on page 4 of this thread. Not surprising that the second post has been totally ignored.

*Counter sigh*
I read that too. My point, I think, is still valid. By the standard of waiting until a regular season game has been played to get excited means no one should ever be excited about a draft pick based on college performance.

Last edited:

haleyrules

Reaction score
I think Zeke could be his best friend in the game. Because if the Cowboys get Zeke to the second level against the Giants the same way they did against Seattle he's going for 200 yards. The Giants LBs are horrible.
I hope your right. It will be a dog fight.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Don't be so fragile.

I've heard "exotic blitzed" in all kinds of contexts about all kinds of players for 10-20 years. But it has been known for eternity that rookies are often destroyed by blitzing...esp. ones where you can't easily get a pre-snap read of where it's coming from. It's hard enough for veterans...brutal on rookies.

This is where Romo will be his best friend. Romo is a savant at recognizing the blitz and hopefully can lend his expertise.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Meh. I'm used to that. I said in another post I just wanted to see him play in a real game before crowning him Unitas Jr. I even commented that he did look good when he played.

Funny how no one touched that post but crawled all over the other one.

and funny how the Pats are playing Garappolo tonight and he has been in the league a few years. I guess they must feel more snaps are better.

CapnB

Reaction score
I wonder if I should be offended by jday's insinuation.

Nah, not worth the effort. Why worry what faceless, anonymous people think or say?

I wouldnt, but thats just me. But I'm pretty sure he was joking.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
When was the last time the Cowboys had a quarterback that we can legitimately look at and say "that's our future"? That would be Romo about ten years ago.
Actually everyone thought
They weren't rolling coverage, zone dogging, disguising, or the like. That is what I take it to mean.
yeah, cause he never saw those blitzes in college ... :rolleyes:

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If dak is utterly flawless how about setting romo free at the deadline to like the Vikings for Anthony Barr. Ok a second round pick that changes to a first if they make the super bowl
Ware got his ring.