1053 - Is Micah Parsons' behavior wearing thin at The Star?

Praxit

Reaction score
...you get the feeling this guy might be gone by 25'.

He's another TO. Me...me....me....me syndrome.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Im seeing this.
My article posted last off season about becoming a true leader is now rested. With the depth of media based self glory and shared textings of in crowned glories.
Maybe the 'special players' can attempt to run the NFL as if in the NBA now.

Right now, does there even seem to be a chance in the Dallas configuration...where stats apparently means most on role with value. Not true dominance.

CWR

Reaction score
I'd flip him and get a couple first and then some. I'm suprised penny pincher hasn't considered this already.

Hes awesome but his impact towards the end of the season and playoffs is NOT nearly the same.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This is my general rule on edge rushers. Far too often you pay them top dollar for what they have already done. They tend to trend downward quickly.

Nobody pays for production in realtime and that’s the problem.
The only way I could see how to change that would be like slotted contracts for each position and a profit sharing off the rest of the cap which is also slotted by position and % with escalators built in. So ideally it’s a base, plus a guaranteed incentive based of the revenue cap sharing, and escalators based on performance of that current year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
my one problem with Parsons is his podcasting during the season. focus on football. all that other stuff can wait until after the season.

stiletto

Reaction score
right now, he may fetch more....probably some 2nds or 3rd and a player or two. imagine if SF gets him. how much would they pay for him. or put him and Jones on the same team in KC.
Well if they really don't like him, lets hope they don't trade him for a Ham sandwich like they did with Amari Cooper. I'd take 2 firsts and run though quite frankly.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Trade him for two firsts and call it a day
I'd call that a win.

Dallas got good production out of him, and got a return on its investment.
Dallas would then have the draft capital to get a real QB, even more so if Dallas could get a little something in exchange for the chokemaster.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Nobody pays for production in realtime and that’s the problem.
The only way I could see how to change that would be like slotted contracts for each position and a profit sharing off the rest of the cap which is also slotted by position and % with escalators built in. So ideally it’s a base, plus a guaranteed incentive based of the revenue cap sharing, and escalators based on performance of that current year.
I am all for a "Base +" pay system. If you play good, you get paid good. When you don't, better have them bills under control.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well if they really don't like him, lets hope they don't trade him for a Ham sandwich like they did with Amari Cooper. I'd take 2 firsts and run though quite frankly.
that's the concern. Jerry might trade him for a 4th to recoop the 4th he paid for Lance. Jerry is a bit senile these days

Rayman70

Reaction score
its not going to happen, but if we DO trade him, we better get at least a 1st round pick and more for him. His biggest problem is his mouth and immaturity.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Micah seems selfish too. Which goes back to the immaturity. The consequence of running your mouth is you better back it up on game day in BIG games especially. DFLAW is another dude that needs to show up. I dont see any dogs on this team.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I don't know if it has gotten to Jerry yet, but i know i've gotten fed up with his antics. In a nutshell, he is a me player....sure he has some great physical skills, but his mental part of the game is lacking. He should be more of a defensive leader on the field and pushing his mates to exceed beyond their skills. But he comes across as selfish and only out for personal stats and glory to market himself. His mouth ain't helping either. And i agree, by the 15th game, he is spent and ready for Cabo.

What good is having him if he is a shell of himself come playoff time. Needs to be used like when he was a rookie. Jerry needs to think long and hard about an extension for him. That will be a Brinks load that he will be demanding for those 15 games.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The Official station... They love to play Jerry reading their station ID at the top of the hour.
I can't stand listening to 105.3 the Propaganda. The Ticket has stunk ever since it got sold out to big corporate around 15 years or so ago. The Freak is fairly new, but don't talk sports enough. Far too often when I want to hear Cowboys talk during the season, or right after, it is a futile act because none of the three are talking Cowboys or even football.

The DFW needs a new sports talk station that Jerry cannot bully around, and that isn't run by a soulless corporation.